Profile for J. Britten > Reviews

Content by J. Britten

J. Britten "Julie" (uk)

The Contented Baby's First Year: The secret to a calm and contented baby: A Month-by-month Guide to Your Baby's Development

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book for every parent., 17 July 2007
This book is fantastic, I wish that it was available when I have my first child 12 years ago! If it is your 1st child or not this book is full of info on what to expect and a month by month guide to development, it has practical Q & A section at the end of each month, even if you are not a fan of Gina's routines this book covers ever aspect of caring for your baby, from tips on sleepless nights to breastfeeding.

I love the sections in each month that encourages development through play, as a busy working mum of 2 it gave me some ideas on games to play that were appropriate for the age of my baby.

The Complete Sleep Guide For Contented Babies and  Toddlers
The Complete Sleep Guide For Contented Babies and Toddlers

5.0 out of 5 stars My bible, 28 Jun. 2007
I have brought other books that I thought would give me some information on getting my baby to sleep but found this one far better than the others.

It explains the cycles of a babies sleep which helps you to understand sleep patterns. There is some graet case studies in this book and im sure that most sleep problems are covered in this book.

Even if your not a Gina Ford fan but are looking for a straight foward guide to getting a good night sleep this book is for you.

It worked for us, after 5 months of sleep deprivation this book was a godsend to my family and i.

The Contented Little Baby Book Of Weaning
The Contented Little Baby Book Of Weaning

5.0 out of 5 stars invaluable, 28 Jun. 2007
I have found this book invaluable for weaning my little girl, the recipes are clear and easy to follow.

Its full of useful information,it is the only book you will ever need from first tastes through to 1 year.

There is meal planners set out in the book to give you an idea of what a daily menu should look like.

The recipes are so tasty i have used some of them for the whole family.

Let's Play: A Touch and Feel Book (Touch & Feel Book)
Let's Play: A Touch and Feel Book (Touch & Feel Book)
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for babies., 28 Jun. 2007
These little books are not only wonderfully illustrated, but the touch and feel parts of the book are so excitng to little ones, they are a good size for little hands.

I would recommend this book highly for babies and young children.

Sleepy Time: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Touch & Feel Book)
Sleepy Time: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Touch & Feel Book)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 28 Jun. 2007
My lo girl loves this book,using the flaps keeps her interested longer, it is bright and colourful an ideal first book.

The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting
The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book for me., 25 Jun. 2007
I brought this book as I was struggling with sleep deprivation, I have to say that It wasn't the only book that I brought-when you are desperate for sleep you'll buy the lot!

I have to say that yes it took time to establish the routines(Rome wasn't built in a day!)We had many sleep and feeding issues that we had caused while trying to figure out away to get our baby to sleep,but without realising we were adding to our problems. we sorted this issues out one by one and had some help from Gina.

I really cannot reccommend this book enough, it worked for us.