Profile for C. Munro > Reviews

Content by C. Munro

C. Munro "Cee" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Taking Away (Magnetic First Sums)
Taking Away (Magnetic First Sums)
by Mary Denson

5.0 out of 5 stars the kids love it!, 14 Aug. 2010
Great book for getting young children engaged with numbers. I've been using the book mainly with a reception class age child, so it's slightly beyond what they've been working on but certainly within his capabilities.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars the kids love them!, 14 Aug. 2010
To be fair, we've only had them for half a day so far.

But the kids absolutely love them, they look sturdy and well-made, and I have absolutely no complaints so far. Great for kids who don't understand what "tiptoe through that puddle" means.
I've also had lots of comment from parents asking where I got them from.

Hopefully they'll hold up for a decent amount of time and i won't have to eat my words or my 5-star review!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars the kids love them, 14 Aug. 2010
To be fair, we've only had them for half a day so far.

LEGO DUPLO 5507: Deluxe Brick Box
LEGO DUPLO 5507: Deluxe Brick Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Excedllent product, 9 April 2010
I always loved Lego as a child, and the children I look after can't get enough of these duplo bricks.

My big concern before purchasing this was whether or not there are enough blocks to make it worthwhile as it is my first duplo purchase and I didn't want to spend a fortune. I bought it in conjunction with the 5506 box and if anyone else has the same concern please let me assure you that this box has plenty in it and is a great start for a small duplo collection.

Incy Wincy Spider (Let's Join In)
Incy Wincy Spider (Let's Join In)
by BBC Children's
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, but..., 9 April 2010
The CD has quite a bit of talking and spoken rhyme on it, which unfortunately in my case doesn't engage the children as much as the CDs which are all singing.

Nonetheless the children enjoy the musical bits so it certainly deserves at least 3 stars.

Tumble Tots: Action Songs - Rhymes and Songs
Tumble Tots: Action Songs - Rhymes and Songs

4.0 out of 5 stars The kids like it, 9 April 2010
The CD includes all the words and actions for each song, which is really useful.

Unfortunately though, this does mean that you need to read through each song and learn the actions to teach them to the children. I think this would have worked better as a DVD, but the important thing is that the kids love it.

Following a comment a reader made on one of my other reviews I would like to add that the reason I think this would work better as a DVD is NOT because I advocate dumping kids in front of the TV and leaving them to it.
It's because without being able to watch and copy the actions while you learn, you would actually need to pre-learn the songs and actions before you do it with the children, unless of course you can read the actions, act them out, and keep up with the music all simultaneously, which while I have many other useful talents, isn't something I'm fantastic at.

Charlie And Lola Cork-Backed Placemat & Coaster Set - "Carrots Are For Rabbits"
Charlie And Lola Cork-Backed Placemat & Coaster Set - "Carrots Are For Rabbits"

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin!, 9 April 2010
It's a cork placemat of the expected quality, and does exactly what it's meant to do!

There's not really much more one can say about a placemat, but I'm certainly happy with it and the child likes it too. We previously had a set of charming glass placemats which the children seemed determined to destroy, but since getting these the children are now happy to use placemats for their intended purpose.

Tumble Tots: Action Songs - Bend & Stretch [Formely Action Songs - Volume 2]
Tumble Tots: Action Songs - Bend & Stretch [Formely Action Songs - Volume 2]

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, but..., 9 April 2010
I bought this because the 2-year old I look after loves songs with actions, and joining in.

The best thing about this CD is that it has all the words and actions inside, which is really helpful.

However, after I bought it I reelised it would be much better as a DVD, so that the children can actually watch and copy the actions! Without that facility, the adult has to learn the actions and teach them to the child.

Nonetheless a great CD and the most important thing is that the kids love it!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2011 8:03 AM GMT

WOW Toys Danny's Diving Adventure
WOW Toys Danny's Diving Adventure

5.0 out of 5 stars the kid's favourite bath toy, 3 April 2010
I look after a 2-year old and a 4-year old, and although we already had what I thought were magnificent bath toys, this one, in their opinion, apparently blows everything else out of the water (figuratively speaking).
Their favourite activity seems to be pouring the water out of the boat! But they also use the diving platform and play with the characters. It's definitely been a big hit and I would recommend it highly to anyone with children under 5.
The only downside has been that the toy has caused several fights in the tub as nobody wants to share...

Wheels on the Bus (BBC Audio Children's)
Wheels on the Bus (BBC Audio Children's)
by Michelle Durler
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars the kids like it..., 18 Mar. 2010
My copy has all the songs it's supposed to, so that's not an issue - maybe they sent out a faulty batch previously?

However, I agree with some of the negative reviewers that the tracks could be of better and more 'musical' quality.

That said, I have given the CD 4 stars anyway because the important thing isn't how I feel about it, but the fact that the boys absolutely love it, which is good enough for me!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7