Profile for Peter > Reviews

Content by Peter

Peter (Guildford, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Twenty-One Stories (Vintage Classics)
Twenty-One Stories (Vintage Classics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stories well told, 29 April 2016
Period pieces of a distrinctive nature. All well told so that there is interest in dipping in to each story. I have been reading them to my wife who is disabled and unable to read them for herself. The stories cover a period with which we are familiar and have experience. They are for us nostalgic in a way that reflect the times in which they are set. The stories all have an unexpected element but the telling does not seem unrealistic and make a good tale of the time.

Bolsius Candle Lighter - 103690060181
Bolsius Candle Lighter - 103690060181
Offered by EDExpressWorld

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and works well, 27 April 2016
It is as described and worked straight out of the package. I like the trigger safe locking feature and the ease with which it can be used for lighting pilot flames and, recently, a garden bonfire.

Grover 9NB Sta-Tite Ukulele Tuners - Nickel w/Black Buttons
Grover 9NB Sta-Tite Ukulele Tuners - Nickel w/Black Buttons

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformed my ukelele into a reliable instrument, 1 Mar. 2016
These tuner fittings solved a persistent problem on my ukulele. They came with fixing screws, easily replaced the existing fittings, made tuning easier and more consistent and allowed the tuning to stay solid through time and several sessions. The kit of tuners were supplied promptly. The suppliers, Bridport Music, answered my questions and checked some dimension details for me before I placed my order. The tuners trasformed my basic and inexpensive ukulele into a useful instrument and allowed me to practice as a beginner with confidence.

A Crown of Lights (Merrily Watkins Mysteries Book 3)
A Crown of Lights (Merrily Watkins Mysteries Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A believable and just credible mystery, well told., 6 Jan. 2016
This is my second Merrily Watkins featuring book. As before I liked the idea in the book with believable characters and a credible mysterious story that led to places that I did not expect. I found I needed to know what happens next, hoping and wondering how Merrily will get out of this with honour when faced with credible people who have no honour. For me it was a good page turner. As before I finished the book sliightly shaken and stirred and willing to read another in the series. That is after reading something else to steady myself first.

MeasuPro CCT300 Digital Clock, Timer, and Stopwatch with Three Alert Type Settings - Buzz, Beep, and LED
Offered by Five Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to set and use, 20 Dec. 2015
It works exactly as specified. I find it useful to have about the house while keeping an eye on cooking times. It is simple to set and use in its various modes.

Fires of Alexandria (Alexandrian Saga Book 1)
Fires of Alexandria (Alexandrian Saga Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars An imaginative story, not entirely satisfying., 4 Dec. 2015
The subject is unusual and imaginative. I did not find it entirely credible and gripping. I persisted because I liked the idea and hoped for the best throughout. I was not entirely satisfied but was pleased by the mixture of episodes and the ideas in them but not satisfied by the details of the engineering and artifacts that were the basis of the stories.

Midwinter of the Spirit (Merrily Watkins Mysteries Book 2)
Midwinter of the Spirit (Merrily Watkins Mysteries Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars An unexpectedly enjoyable read, 27 Nov. 2015
I started this book, the second in the series, without previous experience or knowledge of the character, the writer or the series. I thought that it would be about the supernatural and unexplained so was not sure I would enjoy the book. In fact I grew to like Merrily Watkins. I liked her because she had real world problems and uncertainties and she gave me an insight into some aspects of the Christian church. She had friends and associates that she could trust and some that she should not. Her job and duties and beliefs and her life gave her challenges and I enjoyed reading about how she realised and met and resolved those challenges with and without help while dealing with and supporting her young daughter. Altogether an unexpectedly enjoyable read. I will probably read more in the series

Beaker Cup, Drinking Cup for the Invalid and Elderly with 2 Handles, Colour: white
Offered by Sani-Alt Preise inkl. MwSt

3.0 out of 5 stars might be good for some users, 22 Oct. 2015
The cup is as expected and works as intended and arrived quickly. It is light in construction, might be good for some users, but feels insubstantial to my wife who prefers me to provide her drinks in a china cup or mug but half full. She finds that more pleasant and easy enough for her to use.

As the Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)
As the Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A technical mystery solved, 29 Sept. 2015
I enjoyed the specialist knowledge in the book that contributed to and was part of the story and the solution. I enjoyed the clear and progressive style of the writing.

Head in the Sand (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 2)
Head in the Sand (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good page turner, 29 Sept. 2015
This is a good read. I found it a good page turner in which I enjoyed the mystery and the solution.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4