ARRAY(0xaa93057c)

Profile for THE BIBLIOPHILE! > Reviews

Content by THE BIBLIOPHILE!

THE BIBLIOPHILE!

Page: 1 | 2
ATLAS
ATLAS
Price: 2.05

1.0 out of 5 stars It all went wrong, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: ATLAS (Kindle Edition)
Good idea. BADLY written. Repetetive and tedious. Poor grammer and an inability to string a decent pargraph together. All in all a bad read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2014 10:13 PM GMT

6PC 7" MINI WIRE BRUSH SET
6PC 7" MINI WIRE BRUSH SET
Offered by UK HOT BARGAINS
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Rather Handy., 25 Aug 2013
Bought these to replace a worn out set I bought about 18 months ago. They seem to be identical to their predecessors (They worked fine) so I don't anticipate any complaints.

Draper 35480 4Pc Cupped Nail Set Set
Draper 35480 4Pc Cupped Nail Set Set
Price: 5.46

5.0 out of 5 stars They do the job., 25 Aug 2013
Bought these to replace a couple of rather old and worn out punches (Getting four in a set at this price was taking a chance). I've only used one so far - it worked fine - looks like they will last a fair while - seems like good value for money.

Bouquet Garni Bags
Bouquet Garni Bags
Offered by General Stores Online
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars They work., 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bouquet Garni Bags
These do what they're supposed to do, they hold a mixture of herbs that you do not want floating around when you dish up the meal. My only quibble is trying to wash them is a bit of a bugger!

HP 300XL - Print cartridge - 1 x black - 600 pages
HP 300XL - Print cartridge - 1 x black - 600 pages
Price: 21.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job at a reasonable price, 25 Aug 2013
Please see heading, It was what I wanted at a decent price. It's a printer cartridge - it fits my printer and it prints, what more can be said!?

Mastrad Egg Cups, Silicone, Set of 4, Assorted Colours
Mastrad Egg Cups, Silicone, Set of 4, Assorted Colours
Price: 9.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the colours!, 25 Aug 2013
Better than I expected. They hold the eggs firmly (No toppling over when you remove the top of the egg to eat it - as often happened with my old earthenware eggcups). Easy to use, easy to clean BUT! as the review title probably gives you a clue can't something be done about the rather nauseating "little girl" colours. It feels like my breakfast is courtesy of something nastily "Walt Disney".

Leifheit 71310 Multi-Seat Niveau, White
Leifheit 71310 Multi-Seat Niveau, White
Price: 39.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Task, 27 Nov 2012
Bought this as my wife is unable to stand for long periods after an illness [She still insists on cooking a few times a week and, while I do all the basic ironing, she wont let me near her delicate or very expensive stuff!]

This piece of kit adjusts up & down over a wide range. If you're 5ft 0in, 6ft 6in or anywhere in between this will suit you.

One thing to take note of! This is not for sitting around relaxing - It to take the weight off of your feet and ease back strain while performing tasks in the kitchen, at a workbench, ironing etc.

In just a couple of weeks it has made a big difference to her. A really good investment.

Only one problem, I'm getting lazy when cooking and tend to prop myself on it at every chance!

LEVV Harvard OC5BB Executive Chair
LEVV Harvard OC5BB Executive Chair
Price: 69.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy!, 27 Nov 2012
Needed a replacement for my old computer chair. Bought this one because it looked good [and it was nearly half price!]

I really like the mesh back and seat. [I used to get a bit sticky in the old chair after a few hours!]

The back has a lumbar support but doesn't adjust by itself, however you can alter the overall tension [tilt] of the chair which, with a bit of experimentation makes it quite comfortable. [The instructions are at best basic, covering assembly only and not method of adjustment].

One small moan - It's quite awkward to put together. [Could be a real problem for someone of small stature if on their own].

That said, it IS excellent value for money, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Accept Collection
Accept Collection
Price: 9.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Who Are They Trying To Be?, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: Accept Collection (Audio CD)
Bought this [cheap] 3CD collection to see what the band was like after hearing "Fast As A Shark" on Planet Rock [I'd never heard of them before - and I listen to a lot of rock music!].

I really - really like most of the tracks on all three CD's however I find myself thinking - "Guns & Roses? - AC/DC? - Whitesnake? - Who Am I Listening To?

Based on these CD's even the band aren't sure quite who they are or who they want to be.

That said, if you like the music played by the above named bands, I think you'll like "Accept".
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2013 9:18 AM BST

Premier Housewares 40 X 30 cm Granite Worktop Saver, Grey
Premier Housewares 40 X 30 cm Granite Worktop Saver, Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy!, 27 Nov 2012
Wanted a heavy duty chopping board, I certainly got that! This beast weighs about ten pounds, so don't drop it on your foot!

Apart from the obvious things [doesn't scratch/doesn't absorb smells/is easy to clean] I've also found it to be very good for pastry work because it stays really cool even when the kitchen's hot!

Has no "feet" so tends to slide a bit on my worktops, however a tea towel or non-slip matting underneath solves that one.

On the plus side the lack of feet means you can use both sides, unlike quite a few boards I've looked at.

Page: 1 | 2