Profile for Richard Griffiths > Reviews

Content by Richard Griffiths

Richard Griffiths "SoulFireMage" (Bristol UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Micro-Mesh / Micromesh Polishing Kit - 9 Sheets 6" X 4" with Foam Sanding Block
Micro-Mesh / Micromesh Polishing Kit - 9 Sheets 6" X 4" with Foam Sanding Block

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, 4 Jun 2014
I love micro mesh but the cost is high for me as I've used six meters between grades in two weeks. Delivery is prompt and is as promised, perfectly good value for someone working on small items however, the fact I decided to restore steel and fibreglass on a large boat is my problem :)

Mora 120 Wood carving Knife
Mora 120 Wood carving Knife
Offered by Springfields
Price: 17.70

5.0 out of 5 stars nice blade, I carved ebony with it, 4 Jun 2014
And it worked very well. Good grip, kept its edge very well, despite being handled by a beginner who kept carving against the grain and into knots in ebony!

I don't like the sheath either however but not to the point of deducting a star. Push the knife fully in and it will work fine.

50mm x 2.5m Black VELCRO Heavy Duty Roll (Unboxed - LOOP ONLY)
50mm x 2.5m Black VELCRO Heavy Duty Roll (Unboxed - LOOP ONLY)
Offered by Athena Crafts Ltd.
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good adhesive, even better grip, 4 May 2014
I used this to great custom sanding blocks for a power tool, works very well. Good value compared to retail packs.

Wet and Dry Sandpaper Mixed Grits - 3000 / 5000 / 7000 - 6 sheets 2 per grit 230 x 280mm Waterproof Paper Highest Quality STARCKE MATADOR
Offered by TST Abrasive Solutions
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, good stuff, 4 May 2014
I've used this stuff on pink ivory, Iroku, teak and stainless. Lovely stuff, I'm buying more to work on mirror finished davits on a boat, I'll post results for anyone who wants to see :)

Weighted Vest 30Kg
Weighted Vest 30Kg
Offered by Gorilla Sports UK
Price: 69.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Owned less than 3 months - has signs of wear already, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Weighted Vest 30Kg (Misc.)
On the positive, I'm still using it and for me it works fairly well. I use it along with ankle weights to gain some agility for martial arts movement - in this it's been ideal. Fairly comfortable.

On the negative, the weight pockets on both sides are tearing at the top and the straps at the bottom aren't quite secured in the right places they slip under the front left and right sides and have to be adjusted.

It was the cheapest option at this weight range and I've been using it 2-3 times a week, 1/2 hour to an hour for just under 3 months now. The wear factor is too high for my liking, not sure if I'll buy the same again but I've not contacted Gorilla yet so maybe they would help.

Not bad for the money but not brilliant either, I'll continue to use it until I can't sew it anymore!

BetterYou MultiVit Multi Vitamin Daily Oral Spray 25ml A B C D Folic Acid - 160 Sprays - 40 Day supply
Offered by Blukoo
Price: 7.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - I've nearly finished the first bottle, 15 Jan 2014
Taste is bearable, not too unpleasant.

However, my test has been when out drinking: whilst I don't condone this, sometimes I enjoy enough beer to know about it the next day. To prevent a hangover, the second best thing to not drinking? Water & B vitamins.

These work brilliantly for this and I've not had one hangover, even over Christmas, where I've used these. I've had a noticeable lift in general using them, it's an advantage you don't get a full RDA from a single spray but from 4 sprays, so you can carefully apply a dose without needing to waste excess amounts. Hold under the tongue for a little while before swallowing - five minutes seems good.

Excellent value for money and mine have lasted well over a month, with daily usage.

1000 Fully Solved High School Algebra and Calculus Problems
1000 Fully Solved High School Algebra and Calculus Problems
Price: 1.90

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it but, 14 Nov 2013
Too many solutions are wrong or have typing errors. After solution 11 on factoring is unreadable, I'm writing this in the hope the author will sort this out!

A Demon Bound (Imp Series Book 1)
A Demon Bound (Imp Series Book 1)
Price: 3.08

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these!, 11 Oct 2013
Alex Cavanagh blogged about her books, I decided to try one and am now impatient for the last one! I went straight through them all; they're are fluid and enjoyable to read, I sat and finished one in a straight three hour session one night.

They're a bit romantic, if you don't like angels and demons to have emotional conflicts then this isn't for you. However, I often find myself drawn into stories where along with the magic and the action, there's emotional depth to the characters.

They're good fun, well written and will also appeal to Anita Blake, werewolf and vampire story fans or indeed Ann McAffrey / Mercedes Lackey readers.

CEL MultiPRO 240-Volt AC Oscillating Multitool MT3
CEL MultiPRO 240-Volt AC Oscillating Multitool MT3

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, nice company!, 11 Oct 2013
I've used a cordless version for 2 years and decided that I wanted the corded version. I've used both for cutting stone, plunge cutting through 18mm plywood for mortice holes and tenons, cutting metal and finally sanding / polishing.

I've gone through marble and concrete with the silver diamond head you can get for this, no problem at all. I'd like a finer cut diamond head for it next.

Polishing and sanding is what I like this tool for. Here, for fine sanding, this shines-the offset and shape of the smaller sanding shoe allows you to work flat into the smallest of niggling corners. Both sanding heads are Velcro backed making it very simple to work through the various grit grades.

Changing heads is an Allen key and a small amount of dexterity but very easy.

For the obsessive polisher:-
I've adapted this system for ultra fine polishing work: this requires extra heavy duty Velcro tape, a Stanley knife and a set of wet and dry / lapping papers.

Starting with 2000 grit and ending with 40000, I cut out shaped pieces and backed them onto Velcro tape; this sticks firmly to the sanding heads on the Multi2pro. I found that 3000 grit at moderate speed gave a lovely shine to a piece of sapele wood.

It's very fine value for money, solid, comfortable to use and has plenty of power for anything I've used it with.

I tend to make odd projects, on impulse, using a wood, plastics, metal and more recently marble-which I've never used before. A workshop, fold out table, medieval stocks box and other restraints, a powder grinder, a carved handle for a pedicure sander and a large shallow pullout drawer are among the odd items I've made. Having tools that work well for impulsive jobs is a must for me; I rely a lot now, on this tool along with my Dremel.

It helps that the company who makes these is within walking distance of my house!

Dremel SpeedClic Diamond Cutting Wheel
Dremel SpeedClic Diamond Cutting Wheel
Price: 11.06

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, long lasting tool, 5 Oct 2013
Bought in 2011, used frequently to trim bolts, brackets and all sorts. Also I miss used it a lot on wood and plastic.

Its still effective now. If it broke, I'd buy another immediately. Its incredibly tough for its size!

Use it for its purpose it will work well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11