Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Chris" (Manchester UK)

1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off: Fixed Format Layout
1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off: Fixed Format Layout

3.0 out of 5 stars Mildly amusing, 12 Dec. 2012
Not as fascinating as other QI books, but was only 20p on Kindle! Just a list of facts, with no explainations.

BundlesOnline CAR PHONE HOLDER Compact 360 Degrees Rotating Case Compatible Wind Screen Dashboard Suction Mount Holder for Huawei Blaze

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, great little holder., 22 April 2012
I am using this with my Huawei Blaze Android mobile. It holds it well, and will hold slightly bigger smartphones too.

The sucker holds well, and the holder can easily be turned around, or angled so you can see it. Ideal for GPS use.

Great value too.

Bradshaw's Railway Folded Map 1907
Bradshaw's Railway Folded Map 1907
by George Bradshaw
Edition: Map

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not well printed, 22 April 2012
It may be that the original was the same, but this map isn't very clear, especially around urban areas. It can be very difficult to make out the names of stations or which line they refer to.

Also its more of a wall-chart or poster than a map.

Useful in giving an impression of the sheer number of lines there were, but not very useful if you want to look at individual lines and what towns they served.

Komputerbay 32GB MicroSD SDHC Microsdhc Class 6 with Micro SD Adapter and High Speed USB Reader
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, works great., 14 Aug. 2011
I bought this to expand the memory in my Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 tablet from the 16GB I already had in it.

As there is a USB adapter AND a SD adapter I could use one to copy from my old 16GB directly onto the new 32GB card.

Copied everything over, inserted the new card, works great and loads of space for apps and date.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes great coffee, 14 Aug. 2011
I like STRONG coffee and I like the smoothness of filter coffee but I'm too impatient for the drip-drip of filter coffee. I have a Nespresso machine but I use the AeroPress every day.

The Aerobie makes 1-4 strong espresso measures of coffee in 25 seconds from when the kettle boils. Insert one of the micro-filters in the base, lock on, place over a cup or mug, insert one scoop of coffee per espresso and then add boiled water that is 5 seconds off the boil up to the appropriate mark. Stir for 20 seconds with the stirrer in the pack, insert the plunger and press down till it reaches the 4 mark at the top. Keep the same pressure and air, not the plunger, forces the water through the coffee. As the coffee is only in contact with water for 20 seconds you don't get any bitterness, and the micro filter holds back even the finest grounds. After use you can remove the filter holder and push out the "puck" of coffee straight into the bin or compost. The rubber plunger cleans the inside as it goes, so all you need to do is clean off the end after use.

You can then drink the hot espresso, or use it as a base for latte, americano, cappuccino etc. I like to start the day with a black triple espresso americano.

If you want to use beans, use one scoop of beans per espresso and grind them while the kettle boils. A funnel is supplied to get the coffee out of the grinder into the AeroPress easily.

You can save filter papers by rinsing them off after use and putting back in the holder to dry, you can use one a day this way.

You can use the plunger as a water measure, and even boil the water in it in a microwave (its specially designed to pour more easily so you can do this). Its also dishwasher safe. To make 2-4 coffees, just make 2-4 espressos in one mug and then divide into 2,3 or 4 or make in a jug.

The only problem with it is that, having made your coffee you don't want to clean it immediately, its too hot anyway, and it tends to drip. I leave it on the side of the draining board till I am washing up but a saucer would do as well. This is why I didn't give 5 stars. However it is much quicker, makes better coffee, and is cheaper to use than Nespresso, Senseo or any of the capsule/pod machines.

Compact and light so great for taking to work for real coffee without any fuss, especially as all you need is a kettle.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2012 4:23 PM BST

Razorpit Razor Blade Sharpener
Razorpit Razor Blade Sharpener
Offered by Otherland UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, 14 Aug. 2011
I saw this advertised elsewhere but it was cheaper at Amazon. I was sceptical but it had good reviews.

I wanted to use it for a while before writing a review so I've been using it for over 3 weeks.

It looks like the plastic razor holder that comes with your razor, but coated in silicone rubber. I was still a sceptic. I hadn't shaved for a few days and I took an old Mach 3 razor that hardly cut. You put some shaving foam or gel (I've used both with it) on the flat base, press the blade against it and push the "wrong way" 4 times, pressing down reasonably hard then rinse off both the blade and razor pit. Packaging says that blades don't stop cutting because they go dull, its because they get clogged with hair and skin, the Razor-pit cleans the blades, not sharpens them.

Wow, it was like a new blade, shaving close without any irritation. After each use repeat the process above which takes seconds. So 3 weeks later I am still using the same blade and its as sharp as new. With blades around £1.50 this is going to pay for itself in no-time.

I also tried it with an old Wilkinson Sword Quattro blade and that came out sharp as new too.

I recommend this to anyone who wet-shaves and either wants to save money or reduce waste.

The Digital Photography Book Volume 2: The Step-by-Step Secrets for How to Make Your Photos Look Like the Pros!
by Scott Kelby

2.0 out of 5 stars Lame jokes obscure the useful information, 6 May 2011
I bought this book because I wanted to learn useful techniques for Digital Photography.

Unfortunately the author has chosen to pepper every page with unfunny lame jokes that obscure the information. Had this book been written in a concise way I'm sure he could have got all three books into one.

I find reading it tiresome, and most of it is skipped. I'm sure the author thinks that his friends think his is an hilarious wit. I suspect that they actually find him a crashing bore but are too polite to say so.

Reading this book is like one of those people at parties who tell you their golfing jokes and you can't get away. Luckily you can choose not to buy this book.

The Digital Photography Book: Part 3