Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Passionate About Books"

Dracula - Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dracula - Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Rhys Meyers

5.0 out of 5 stars What Percentage Would I Give This Out Of 100? Answer: 300%, 26 July 2014
I am in my twenties but due to my parents I have a love for Hammer Horror. I was sceptical when I found out that they were going to do a remake of Dracula as Christoper Lee is the best Dracula in my opinion. However, I love period dramas, so this was still an excuse to sit down and watch on a Thursday night. I was totally blown away. I heard some reviews from the older generation who were not watching it as they said it wasn't closely based on the original book. But for me this was a bonus as I love creative dramas and with this version of Dracula I didn't know what was going to happen next. That was what made it so exciting for me. I was totally gutted when I found out that they are not going to make a Season 2. I firmly believe that if this had of been aired first on ITV or BBC in the UK - it would have had an amazing response. Lots of my friends couldn't see it because they didn't have the channel which it was on.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers was FANTASTIC!! His acting in this adaptation is phenomenal. Chistopher Lee is now my 2nd favourite dracula and Jonathan is my first. He portrays Dracula from a suffering perspective which he does amazingly. And you actually side with the vampires in this series rather than the non-vampires. And his voice in the program is wonderful. The rest of the actors are great too.

So far I have watched the series 7 times and believe me I still am not bored with it!!! Better than Downton!!!

Populaire [DVD]
Populaire [DVD]
Dvd ~ Déborah François

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST FILM THIS SUMMER, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Populaire [DVD] (DVD)
I went to see this film last month when it came out and I can honestly say that it is a fantastic movie! I have loved French cinema ever since I started learning French when I was 12 in school. I am now fluent in French and love watching French films as the French can do it all - humour, drama, sinister plots, romance etc. This film is a real romantic comedy. The relationship between the main characters is very much that of Professor Higgins and Eliza in My Fair Lady. Duris makes his secretary set up home for a short period of time in his house whilst he oversees her studying (of the typewriter). I laughed so much when watching this as it is a real feel good movie. I will be buying it on Amazon as soon as it is released in the UK - make no doubt about it!

Random Harvest
Random Harvest
by James Hilton

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I Had of Read The Book Before Watching the Film, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Random Harvest (Paperback)
I remember when I was around 15 my dad told me about the film Random Harvest with Ronald Coleman and Greer Garson and how it was one of his favourite films. I sat down and watched it one day with dad and it became one of my favourite films there and then of all time. Ten years later I decided to read the book. They are both equally amazing. To be honest I personally think that the film was better but this is still a 5 star book. If you haven't seen the film and read the book for the first time there is a twist at the end of it which alas the film cannot do (for reasons you will find out). A real page turner about the life of a WWI solider after the war. He has been put into an asylum because he cannot remember who he is, he manages to escape and meets the lovely Paula whom he falls in love with. Then he goes into Liverpool on business one day, has an accident and when he wakes up he assumes his identify from before and war and forgets about Paula. That is the story in a nutshell. A truly wonderful read!!

The Guardian
The Guardian
by Nicholas Sparks

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderfully Romantic yet Terrifying Novel From Sparks, 14 July 2013
This review is from: The Guardian (Paperback)
I have never been much of a Nicholas Sparks fan in regards to his films. I feel that they always seem to lack that je ne sais quoi. However, once I knew that Josh Duhamel and Julianne Hough were going to be starring in his new film Safe Haven I knew I would be going to see it in the cinema and simply had to read the book first. It was the first book I had ever read by Nicholas Sparks. It was wonderful and I couldn't put it down and the film was just as romantic as the book. After that I decided to give another one of his books a chance and picked The Guardian. When it arrived it lay around my house for a few days and I finally decided to start reading it yesterday. Well I finished reading it today and what can I say? It was addictive. The story was romantic yet terrifying at the same time. I had to simply keep turning the pages to see what would happen in the end. And what an ending it turned out to be. I couldn't stop crying happy and sad tears. A real tear jerker at the end but at the heart of it this book is a wonderful thriller. I wouldn't call myself a Nicholas Sparks fan just yet but I will be going on to Amazon tonight to choose and buy another one of his books so I can read it this summer.

The Mona Lisa Speaks
The Mona Lisa Speaks
by Christopher Angel

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be made into a film in the future, 6 July 2013
This review is from: The Mona Lisa Speaks (Paperback)
WOW!! What a novel!! I have always been obsessed with France and because of my great love of everything related to France I decided to buy this book as I was looking for a bit of intrigue and like everyone else I couldn't put it down. If you have seen How to Steal a Million with Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole and liked it you will love this story. Basically it is about a young Canadian guy who has recently moved to Paris to work in the Louvre and he meets a young Parisian girl and they fall in love - but this is only the beginning as her life is in danger from a dangerous Parisian businessman and crook. In order to save her he has to steal the Mona Lisa - it seems far fetched but it really isn't - Angel makes everything seem feasible and very very real. The description of the car chase around Paris gave me as many thrills as watching the boat chase in Puppet on a Chain in Amsterdam. Full of murder, Intrigue, Mystery, Thrills and Romance - what more could anyone ask for. I can see this being made into a big budget film in the future - like the Bourne Films. Cannot wait for the sequel!!