Profile for SusieW > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Francesca's Party
Francesca's Party

5.0 out of 5 stars Start reading......., 15 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Francesca's Party (Kindle Edition)
....... but don't plan to stop because you'll want to discover how this tale ends! An easy and enjoyable read alongside the need to encourage Francesca to make the right choices. I would recommend this book especially to anyone facing a personal dilemma in their life or, indeed, to anyone needing a relaxing, but realistic read. It would make a good tv series - except I now know the ending and can picture all the characters in my mind's eye - which is what a good book should do, of course.

Joseph Joseph Chop 2 Pot Plus Folding Chopping Board, Small - Green
Joseph Joseph Chop 2 Pot Plus Folding Chopping Board, Small - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Nov. 2014
This is the second one I've bought - wore the first one out - says it all!

The Letter
The Letter

5.0 out of 5 stars Read and reflect, 2 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Letter (Kindle Edition)
Reflect upon how attitudes have changed beyond recognition! The Letter is a good way of describing how young girls were ruled by their parents and what 'shame' unmarried mothers were deemed to have brought on their families, while telling a story of love, hate and true friendship at the same time.
Their are many emotions evident in this book and it brings to light again (as in other books/films) the way babies were taken from their mothers who were forced to take this cruel path. However, this situation has resulted in The Letter which I have enjoyed and would recommend - put the kettle on and be prepared to sit down as you may be there some time!

Conditional Love
Conditional Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, 30 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Conditional Love (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this - willing our heroine to make the right choices makes this book difficult to put down.
There are many aspects of Sophie' s life with which readers will be able to identify, making it very interesting reading.
A well written book with a bit of a message thrown in.

AGA Oven Door Shield
AGA Oven Door Shield
Offered by WOWOOO

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't recommend it highly enough and think it should be on ..., 16 Oct. 2014
This review is from: AGA Oven Door Shield
This is a grand little invention! I've been an Aga owner for many years and, therefore, have tried to keep clean the door liner - with little success. I recently moved house and have had a re-conditioned (spotless) Aga installed and while searching for a lid liner protector have discovered this shield in the process. I can't recommend it highly enough and think it should be on sale in Aga shops and feature in demonstrations.
As I write this, I have a piece of pork crackling away in the roasting oven, secure in the knowledge that I'll be able to remove the door shield at the end of cooking & simply give it a wipe :)
I'm amazed to find no other reviews of this product - someone should contact Aga Telford. Thank you.

The Beach Cafe
The Beach Cafe

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh I do like to be beside the seaside......, 21 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Beach Cafe (Kindle Edition)
.....along with the characters in this book. The author helps you to envisage the scenery to the point of wanting to go there immediately and the characters to the point of picturing them in your mind's eye. I loved the tale which is just what you need if your faith in human kindness is in need of restoration!
This is my first Lucy Diamond book but by no means my last.

Ivy Lane: Autumn: Part 3
Ivy Lane: Autumn: Part 3

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit sad..., 7 Sept. 2014
...that this finished so abruptly after a short story. I loved the other two books and was looking forward to 'Autumn' but I'm sorry to say I was disappointed at the brevity of this one and felt that the recipes were unnecessary. I will, of course, read the last book but wouldn't buy anything in instalments like this again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2014 4:07 PM BST

Peppa Pig's Holiday
Peppa Pig's Holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars Peppa's Fab Holiday!, 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Peppa Pig's Holiday (App)
Brilliant! I bought this for my 3 year old granddaughter and she loves it! It's varied tasks are educational and fun and I would highly recommend it.

Ivy Lane: Summer: Part 2
Ivy Lane: Summer: Part 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Roll on September, 29 Aug. 2014
I'm glad I didn't discover this book until this week so at least I don't have too long to wait for 'Autumn'!
I've pre-ordered this and 'Winter' too as it's impossible not to want to know what happened to James and what the future holds for Tilly - a tantalising wait!

The Teashop on the Corner
The Teashop on the Corner

5.0 out of 5 stars If......, 22 Jun. 2014
If you've got anything important to do, then don't start reading this book as you won't want to put it down! You will laugh and cry along with the characters and the story makes you want to rush out and find a teashop just like Leni's. It's a book which will make you hungry for food and friendships - which make good bedfellows in my opinion. All credit to the author for reminding us what's important in life.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4