Profile for SusieW > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Out of Practice
Out of Practice

4.0 out of 5 stars Good characters....., 22 July 2016
This review is from: Out of Practice (Kindle Edition)
..... made this book & I would like there to be sequel.
My reason for giving 4 stars is totally personal as I was a GP practice manager for many years and felt there were a few inaccuracies in the running of a surgery but that's me being pedantic and doesn't stop me from recommending it.
An excellent holiday read which, I felt, improved as it progressed. Also a refreshing change from stories about cakes! Well done Penny.

Wickham Hall
Wickham Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the story, 19 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Wickham Hall (Kindle Edition)
I've been so fed up with books of late, but this one has been a breath of fresh air! Love the story, the gumption of the heroine and the perception of the all round gorgeous posh bloke! Here's a secret - I married 'the boss' too and it was the best thing ever for us both. Not too much detail in the bedroom department either - we don't need it - we know what happens. Loved it lots.

The Second Chance Shoe Shop: A heart-warming novel of love, loss and new shoes
The Second Chance Shoe Shop: A heart-warming novel of love, loss and new shoes

3.0 out of 5 stars So sad, 22 May 2016
I gave up half way through just now - reluctantly as I really wanted to know the conclusion. However, as a 70 year old - albeit computer literate - widow too (hankies out and commiserations) but can't cope with the Twitter lark. I do facebook and much other computer stuff (school governor and voluntary jobs) but I can't read a book which revolves round Twitter feeds. Sorry Marcie I'll never know the ending - I'm not sure that a widow would ever refer to her husband as a 'bag of bones' either, not matter what.

This is a book for the young - not even the young at heart - like me - disappointed.

Modern Vintage Gifts: Over 20 pretty and nostalgic projects to sew and give
Modern Vintage Gifts: Over 20 pretty and nostalgic projects to sew and give
by Helen Philipps

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, 11 Dec. 2015
Another lovely book from Helen Philipps with clear instructions for all the sweet projects. Highly recommended from this sewing fan!
Makes a lovely gift too.

Watercolour for the Absolute Beginner
Watercolour for the Absolute Beginner

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, 25 Sept. 2015
This was the ideal introduction for someone like me - ie a very late newcomer to water colour. Full praise to Matthew Palmer as I already have painted three 'masterpieces'!! Ha ha as they say, but a very enjoyable start.
Well worth buying, not daunting and something for everyone.

Summer at Shell Cottage
Summer at Shell Cottage

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job................., 4 July 2015
Just the job for a day like today :)
Is it me - or why do some reviews tell the whole story?
Suffice to say, this is a good tale. the characters are mainly, but not all, part of the family, but this all adds to the mix.
I pre-ordered this and I'm really glad I did - I've been a bit down at the moment in the family department (Lucy, I could provide you with your next book!) and this restored my faith and renewed my confidence. I should have been doing other things this afternoon but (like Olivia - and a widow too - how do I HATE that word) thought what the hell and sat in my garden and finished the book.
I'm a bit of a miserable old trout when it comes to the English language but there was nothing here to irritate me and this book comes highly recommended.

Green Decore 120 x 180 cm Aqua Indoor Outdoor/ Light Weight/ Reversible Eco Rug, Blue Shades

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 22 Jun. 2015
This is a cheerful outside rug for the garden or, as is the case here, ideal for a summerhouse.

Pendeford Housewares 3.4 Litre 6 Pint Tea Pot
Pendeford Housewares 3.4 Litre 6 Pint Tea Pot

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 May 2015
Good value & suitable size for a catering teapot. recommended!

Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Bride

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Jessica, 8 Mar. 2015
How I willed you on to make the right choice! An easy read, but not so easy to put down. A good holiday/rainy day book.

A Summer Fling (THE FOUR SEASONS)
A Summer Fling (THE FOUR SEASONS)

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to be all of these women!, 19 Feb. 2015
This book is a fab read and a testament to strong women and good girlfriends everywhere! There are also some useful statements in this book especially by Christie and her grief in losing her husband when she says she couldn't take a lesser man to her bed and, by heck, do I know what she means! Loved it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5