Profile for N. Newitt > Reviews

Content by N. Newitt

N. Newitt "natalie_newitt2" (Dorset UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Irritable Bowel Solutions: The essential guide to IBS, its causes and treatments
by Dr John Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Dec 2014
Found my problem and now i have much less IBS. This is THE only book you need on IBS

The Complete Low-Fodmap Diet: A Revolutionary Plan for Managing Ibs and Other Digestive Disorders
by Sue Shepherd

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite fodmap book but a really good place to start, 13 Dec 2014
Very clear and informative. Not my favourite fodmap book but a really good place to start.

Paperchase A4 black day to a page diary 2015
Paperchase A4 black day to a page diary 2015
Offered by Paperchase

4.0 out of 5 stars ... tad too big as in heavy and would have liked a ribbon to find current, 13 Dec 2014
just a tad too big as in heavy and would have liked a ribbon to find current week

BL twink academy * Orepri! -Am I princess of school!?-
BL twink academy * Orepri! -Am I princess of school!?-

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 13 Dec 2014
Rubbish, crashed my device and won't open

Bloody Annoyances (Chi no Ai Book 1)
Bloody Annoyances (Chi no Ai Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 1 Dec 2014
Kept me reading and was in my head when I couldn't read. Going to find more of this author.
Not usually a vampire fan.

Spirit Animal Fingerprint Scanner
Spirit Animal Fingerprint Scanner

1.0 out of 5 stars farce. idiots who misuse the term GLUTEN Free need poor review, 22 July 2014
Gluten is a food term, it's something people have serious health issues with not something to poke fun at. The app however is laughable, but I wanted to slam their name choice as insulting. The app is not worth buying - I just saved you money! Hopefully the developer will now stop conning people and wiseup

Heartburn Cured: Miracle Diet - Eliminate Heartburn Immediately Without Drugs
Heartburn Cured: Miracle Diet - Eliminate Heartburn Immediately Without Drugs

4.0 out of 5 stars Medication free after reading this book, 12 July 2014
Although the diet wasn't new information to me - low carb - there was interesting info on the standard medications that I was prescribed which has now led me to be meds free and have an improved reflux - my doctor was surprised but supportive. I now only take natural foods to tame the acid understand a whole lot more why I can have flare ups.
I haven't given 5 stars for the simple fact this book didn't put a fire in my belly and motivate me enough to do all the changes suggested - yes you can put that down to my and personal failings, but I expected just a little more 'go get it' push from the author.
I would recommend this book you will learn something.

Show Your Work!: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Getting Discovered
Show Your Work!: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Getting Discovered
by Austin Kleon

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring man., 12 July 2014
So good I brought it twice! I now have the kindle and the softback. Great for inspiration.

Find Your Passion: 25 Questions You Must Ask Yourself
Find Your Passion: 25 Questions You Must Ask Yourself

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are feeling a little lost on life's path, this is the book you need., 12 July 2014
SImple concept and questions that helped me find a few answers, be a little more open to opportunities and realise how much I am always looking forward rather than enjoying the 'here and now' or the experience of doing things. Henri is a great guy and by following his lead, if you take your time with this book and go deeply into your real thoughts, this book is a great help. I have joined many dots together about things I never thought to connect and understand myself a whole lot better. I have taken a long time processing each question and following the trail when a question led me off topic, thanks to that I am much clearer about my own passion and what I want to do with it. So if you are feeling a little lost, this book will help you find yourself - but you must give yourself a little me time to do it. Good luck.

Headspace.com - meditation & mindfulness
Headspace.com - meditation & mindfulness

4.0 out of 5 stars Working just fine!, 1 May 2014
I haven't been pushed to pay for anything & i've been able to download the 10 sessions available for later use. I'm at day 5 and so far this technique has been much easier and more comfortable to follow than a course I paid £60 for & can't get a refund when I didn't get further than the first week. Looking at the website, if you do decide to subscribe later, you can choose one of four tarifs and cancel when you feel like it - seems fair to me.
The sessions are easy to fit into any day and now when I feel a little strained I can just concentrate quietly for a few seconds and then feel calm enough to get back to work. Generally I do feel calmer and more at peace, I am beginning to see my life as a whole and with a more objective view point. I would be very surprised if i didn't sign up for more sessions when the freebie is over.
There is nothing WOW about the app which is why it has a four rating not a five, but the app isn't trying to be a wow. Its simple, pleasing to the eye and ear and does what you would expect from the description. Even though you have to sign up with your email, I haven't had one email yet begging for money or spamming me at all. The whole set up, including the website seems to be from an ethical perspective rather than a money making scam which is rare and refresing these days.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4