Profile for LadyByard > Reviews

Content by LadyByard

LadyByard

Page: 1 | 2
Rising (Highland Secret Series)
Rising (Highland Secret Series)
Price: 1.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous series - can't wait to get into another like this, 16 Jun 2014
Really enjoyed this series and looking forward to trying the next ones. Liked the way there were so many characters to keep track of but almost wished I was reading a book and not on my beloved Kindle as would have liked to flick back occassionally to work out the sequence and relationships to each other. Fabulous book though and a must for anyone who enjoys time travel and the complications of what you can take back or bring forward.

Brightest Flashlight Free
Brightest Flashlight Free
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that Bright, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Brightest Flashlight Free (App)
Not as bright as I would have liked as thought it would be useful to have an all in one tool but better than nothing if the power goes off.

Haunted From Without : A Medical Thriller Conspiracy Adventure (Omnibus Edition containing both Book One and Book Two)
Price: 1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book - Haunting, Murder, Intrigue, Medical, 16 Jun 2014
I loved this book. Thoroughly enjoyed the first book, Haunted from Within, and didn't think it would be easy to follow it up and keep up the pace. Kept getting engrossed in each little sector of the story and then got a little thrill when I reached another part to remind me of that aspect as well. The basic story was good in it's own right but adding in the medical aspect and the dodgy drug companies, almost ignoring the irrisistable sex (when you are in love with someone else) and trying to trace/solve the series of murders made it impossible to put down. Several late nights read in this book. Already enjoying another of this authors books.

Peppa Pig's Party Time
Peppa Pig's Party Time
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars One very happy granddaughter, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Peppa Pig's Party Time (App)
I bought this to try and amuse my granddaughter, particularly if I am tired after a day on the beach and want to sit and cuddle instead of romping round the garden. She LOVES it and would play for hours if we let her, in fact we have to persuade her to go to the beach now. I like the fact it is simple to use but is teaching her control of a tablet and that each game is short but can be repeated many times with different characters, also that it is teaching her to be a little bit creative. Fabulous game and worth every (cheap) penny.

Entwined (Highland Secret Series Book 3)
Entwined (Highland Secret Series Book 3)
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I had to buy the next book, 2 April 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters were real but romantic, you could feel the love. I also hated the villain. When I had finished the book I had to go straight on line and buy the next one in the series. Loved the time slip in in as well.

SCRABBLE
SCRABBLE
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest review on this Scrabble edition, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
I love playing Scrabble and have played it on my computer and other players for ages. To find this edition for the Kindle was very exciting and I play a game against the computer every night before I go to sleep. It is fast and slic although I haven't tried playing with other "humans" yet. The only thing I don't like about it is that the words the computer uses and SO BIZARRE, I am now spoiling the continuity of the game as I keep looking up words in the dictionary to check the computer is not cheating. Still great though, I just wish I had a better memory and could remember all these words to use in games against my husband.

The Phoenix Crisis (The Phoenix Conspiracy Series Book 3)
The Phoenix Crisis (The Phoenix Conspiracy Series Book 3)
Price: 4.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Phoenix Series - can't wait for the next one, 4 Nov 2013
I originally got The Phoenix Series because the first book was free. I read it virtually straight through and had to buy the next two books immediately. I have not enjoyed a series, especially a space war one, for ages. I like all the different aspects and working out who is really responsibile and what the long game is, also the romance/love interest, where is that going to go. I seriously can not wait for the next book and keep checking on Amazon to see if has been published yet.

It goes to show that offering a free book will lead you to buy the next one and the next and the next, especially if it is as good an author as this one.

The Gingerbread Man: Ladybird First Favourite Tales
The Gingerbread Man: Ladybird First Favourite Tales
Price: 2.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the originals, 4 Nov 2013
I love the traditional stories but found this one a little shortened and not really enough of chasing and chanting. My granddaughter like the exact repitition in the books but likes to follw the words and doesn't like it if they keep changing. Still a good book and fun to have on the kindle for her but not as good as the old books.

Henbrandt Sterling Play Money
Henbrandt Sterling Play Money
Offered by BargainShop_London
Price: 0.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Very realistic Play Money, 4 Nov 2013
This play money is very realistic. It has given my three year old grandchild more understanind of money and coins and paper money. I bought it as an extra amount of play money for a post office set but it wasn't really needed so we used it for all her shop keeping games. I have a long way to go to stop her giving me 50.00 change for a five pund note but we are getting there.

Quest Handheld Steam Cleaner, 1000 Watt
Quest Handheld Steam Cleaner, 1000 Watt
Offered by Topnotchsales
Price: 13.78

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW - this is fabulous and such good value, 4 Nov 2013
I have only just got this steam cleaner and love it already. I needed to decrease an outfit on Sunday (in a hurry) and a quick blast with this steamer got the creases our brilliantly, the outfit looked like it had just come from the dry cleaners. Have tried it out on some mildew and it is billiant. Can't wait to try it out on a proper cleaning session.

Page: 1 | 2