Profile for GRUMPY OLD MAN > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Land of Later On
The Land of Later On

5.0 out of 5 stars Que sera, 25 July 2014
Fascinating. I read this in a very short space of time, whatever that may be. Forward thing reality or a truism?

The One and Only: Ben Webster
The One and Only: Ben Webster

5.0 out of 5 stars Never disappoints, 3 April 2014
I bought this album for one song, 'Tenderly', missing from my collection. Not one of the the songs on the album disappoints, the remastering has cleaned up several of the tracks I already have without losing the essential Webster. The breathy emotion, power and elegance of his playing as always is awesome.
If you are looking for an introduction to Ben Webster look no further.

Red CD Karaoke Machine
Red CD Karaoke Machine
Offered by SENDERCITY

5.0 out of 5 stars Good prezzie, 6 Feb 2014
Bought for our grandson. Works very well . Not the colour in the illustration a on the pink side but of no consequence.

Complete Recordings: 1956 - 1959
Complete Recordings: 1956 - 1959

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have both, 6 Feb 2014
I am goint to repeat what I said about the twin to this.

Unbeatable value for money, incredible number of albums, sound quality is good. If you've never heard Mulligan before you' re a treat, if you have, you'll know what I mean. Cool jazz in this instance equates to listenable melodic style appreciated by non jazz afficionados, that's Mulligan

Swings Both Ways
Swings Both Ways

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Swings Both Ways (MP3 Download)
Long time Robbie fan, particularly when he switches to swing. He carries it off so well with a laid back style. I should have bought the the deluxe album for the extra tracks as they are well worth having. I was fortunate enough to have the deluxe edition cd bought for me as a chrissie prezzy, which I would give 5*, take your pick.

In A Silent Way
In A Silent Way

5.0 out of 5 stars Miles ahead, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: In A Silent Way (MP3 Download)
Miles was mapping out his future direction with this jazz/rock/fusion style. The artist lineup is awesome. A must have album for anyone who likes Miles.

Complete Recordings: 1959 - 1962
Complete Recordings: 1959 - 1962

5.0 out of 5 stars Go for it, 3 Feb 2014

Stagg 3m High Quality Phone to Phone Plug Instrument Cable
Stagg 3m High Quality Phone to Phone Plug Instrument Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent +, 3 Feb 2014
The seller dispatched this item very quickly. Far better quality than could be reasonably expected for the price, deserves six stars.

Nux All-in-One Digital Effects with Tuner and Metronome
Nux All-in-One Digital Effects with Tuner and Metronome

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant item, 3 Feb 2014
Does everything I wanted. If you don't need to switch on and off while playing, get it, as its only drawback is the lack of a foot switch. However some degree of on off control can be achieved if nimble fingered enough with the belt clip.

Samson SASR850C Professional Studio Reference Open Back Headphones
Samson SASR850C Professional Studio Reference Open Back Headphones
Offered by Optimistics

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound investment, 11 Jan 2014
Bought as a backup to monitor for recording while listening to backings and multitracking. I now find that after an initial burn in listening to my sound system I am using them instead of my more expensive headphones due to the more comfortable feel.

Page: 1 | 2