ARRAY(0xa655cd80)

Profile for Karen McAleese > Reviews

Content by Karen McAleese

Karen McAleese (Donegal, Ireland)

Jam and Jeopardy
Jam and Jeopardy
by Doris Davidson

2.0 out of 5 stars Old fashioned detective story., 7 May 2011
This review is from: Jam and Jeopardy (Paperback)
I was very disappointed with this novel as I always buy after reading recommendations. The story positively plods along and is very womens institute in it's style.

There is a sound plot base that sadly leaves you not caring about the characters, who seem very stereotypical and simply two dimensional.

Ben 10 Aliens Vs Villains Game
Ben 10 Aliens Vs Villains Game
Offered by JLS Trading Ltd
Price: 5.25

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 7 May 2011
My 7 year old boy really enjoyed setting up and playing the game with me. However, the game board and pieces are made of simple cardboard and I will be surprised if it lasts more than a couple of plays, but it was cheap, so what more did I expect? Very fiddly, footery pieces to be made up that are difficult for small hands to manage.

Hello Kitty 18 cm Plush Bowling Bag
Hello Kitty 18 cm Plush Bowling Bag
Offered by swordstrand
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 7 May 2011
Hello Kitty - Loved by my 4 year old princess - She carries it everywhere. Hardly educational, but great fun!

LovingtheBead  Funky Chunky Stretchy Bead Charm Bracelet
LovingtheBead Funky Chunky Stretchy Bead Charm Bracelet
Offered by LovingtheBead
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A good solid bracelet., 7 May 2011
A trendy bracelet that fits all. good value, but the pouch that came with it is a bit small, so you would need to substitute it if you were giving the bracelet as a gift.

Apple Bottoms Black Women's Sunglasses Black
Apple Bottoms Black Women's Sunglasses Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but not all that!, 7 May 2011
These glasses have a Jackie O feel to them and at first sight they are stylish. However, I do think that the gold tone cheapens the look and silver tone would be a definite improvement that would boost the glasses to 5 star.

Oi! Green Agate Adjustable Flower Ring
Oi! Green Agate Adjustable Flower Ring
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The wow factor!, 7 May 2011
Yes, this is definitely a sylish ring that has the wow factor! The adjustable band means that you don't have to worry about varying ring sizes. Would look well on both young and old.

French Connection Acid Drop Leather Mini Shoulder Bag Island Green
French Connection Acid Drop Leather Mini Shoulder Bag Island Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality stylish little bag., 7 May 2011
I bought two of these bags -one green and one blue. They are not as "mini" as the name suggests and are more than ample enough to hold what every gorl needs. They easily cross from day to night-time use and the colours are fabulously "on trend".

Suzy Smith Women's Laine Shoulder Bag Cyclamen ZB002490PV Medium
Suzy Smith Women's Laine Shoulder Bag Cyclamen ZB002490PV Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, stylish and sweet, 7 May 2011
I bought this bag for a friend - she adored it, as do I. Great value that looks far more expensive than the outlet price that I paid for it.

Lady Antebellum
Lady Antebellum
Offered by MasterDVD
Price: 8.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Brilliant, Brillaint!!!, 7 May 2011
This review is from: Lady Antebellum (Audio CD)
Wow! This is one of the best albums I have heard in years. Every track is a winner - I wouldn't be a natural country fan, but this is country rock meets the 21st century. The lyrics are stunning

I heard about this from my daughter, who had herad about it from a friend - so pass the world along - Lady Antebellum are fantastic - Buy the album now.

Silver Round White Cubic Zirconia Tennis Bracelet 18cm
Silver Round White Cubic Zirconia Tennis Bracelet 18cm
Price: 38.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Initially stunning - then it all fell apart!, 7 May 2011
This little bracelet is exactly what I was looking for. It arrived in a pretty little box and was sparkly, pretty and more expensive looking than the 28ish I had paid for it.

I wore it immediately and it was admired by many whilst on my wrist. I loved it!

That is, until it broke into two pieces whilst I was wearing it and sitting still. What a pity.

I haven't sent it back yet cos I'm away for a week or so, but I'll get the return organised on my return home.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2011 1:03 AM GMT