Profile for Horatio > Reviews

Content by Horatio

Horatio

Page: 1 | 2
CalmingBreath Zafu Meditation Cushion - 100% Organic (Zen Black)
CalmingBreath Zafu Meditation Cushion - 100% Organic (Zen Black)
Offered by Calming Breath

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cushion for my meditation, 21 Mar. 2016
Great cushion for my meditation, comfortably in either the lotus position or 'up ended 'and kneeling position. Sturdy material and a handy carrying handle too.
If ever I need another cushion it will be another one of these, just perfect for the price. Delivery was very prompt too....all round an excellent product and service. Loving it!

SILBERMOOS Women´s Jewelry Pendant OM Sign with Black Zircon Buddhism Yoga 925 Sterling Silver
Offered by SILBERMOOS

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasteful take on the OM, 7 Jan. 2016
My wife loves it so...she's happy, I'm happy
Nice tasteful different take on the Buddhist OM, nice silver workmanship, not large and in your face, several friends have mentioned how nice this looks.

Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats
Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for SOB, thats for sure!, 7 Jan. 2016
Don't you just love it when you buy and album and you like every track on it?
SOB, is great, but so are all the other tracks.
Heard SOB on Chris Evans breakfast shown I knew straight away I needed this album even if just for this one track but what a MASSIVE bonus as everyones (track) is a winner!

Highway 61 Revisited [VINYL]
Highway 61 Revisited [VINYL]
Offered by Empor-online

1.0 out of 5 stars Dylan Classic? Personally rather stab myself in the eyes with a red hot poker!, 7 Jan. 2016
Bought this for friend ( he wanted it for some unknown reason) Product was delivered on time and in great condition, as I purchased it for a friend I got the free autorip, which I think is brilliant, well done Amazon on this feature!
That leads me on to why the one star, is it me, or is Bob Dylan just the worse singer in the world? Sounds like a drunk on a Saturday night giving it the 'big one' one walking down Wind Street (Swansea) in the early hours, no, sorry forgive me that's actually insulting to the drunks!
IF and to me its a big IF, you are a Dylan fan then I'm told by my friend that this album is a 'classic'..... I'm kinda guessing drugs a lava lamp and earplugs would help with the enjoyment.....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2016 12:16 AM BST

JETech H0781 Universal Bluetooth Headset Headphone for Apple iPhone 6/5s/5c/5, iPhone 4s/4, Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3, LG, PC Laptop, and Other Bluetooth Device - H0781
Offered by JEDirect UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Cant really go wrong - used with Samsung S5 mobile, 7 Jan. 2016
Great little ear piece, good sound quality and microphone works well, listeners can hear me clear as a bell. Had a blue tooth speaker before this but everyone I speak to say they can hear much clearer on this little device.
Easy to set up and easy to use, can be used in either ear and comes with two different speaker gels for comfort.
Also tried listening to music from off my phone which worked perfectly.
Overall so far I'm well pleased now just need to see how the longevity of the product is but at this price, if it lasts a year its definite value for money.

Dreyfuss Gents Strap Watch DGS00001-22
Dreyfuss Gents Strap Watch DGS00001-22

5.0 out of 5 stars Swiss handmade........., 27 Aug. 2013
Being a past owner of many cheap make watches I decided to go up market slightly and I love this watch, many people comment on it when they see it my wrist. What can I say, watches are a personal taste, but to me this is the best looking I've ever owned and the best craftsmanship too, (not hard considering the competition). On thing to note is most Swiss handmade watches I have tried on have always been to big for my girlie wrists (my wife's words not mine), this is perfect. Quality and looks 100%

Cutting For Stone
Cutting For Stone
by Abraham Verghese

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, 27 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Cutting For Stone (Paperback)
umm, I purchased this on a recommendation from one of my patients for some unknown reason? This is totally something I would never have read being totally out of my genre but what can I say? What struck me about this book is not only is it a great story but it was beautifully written, with so many authors about nowadays it is nice to pick up a book and appreciate the skill of the actual writer as much as the story. I wont go in to the plot as many have mentioned it on here, suffice to say a great plot and a great writer. I think this author has finally managed me to not get stuck in a certain genre and never leave it with writing like this, I want more.

Hama Traveller Mini Pro Tripod
Hama Traveller Mini Pro Tripod

4.0 out of 5 stars Niffty and cheap, 27 Aug. 2013
Great little tripod for it's price, I use it on my CSC camera I wanted a lightweight compact tripod (rather my wife did as she used to be my tripod holder), now she doesn't complain at all.
Seriously though I carry this on a slingshot 100AW with my CSC camera, three lenses, filters and beanbag with no bother at all, I am 5' 8'' and with the centre column up comes roughly to the height of my lower sternum. Yes I would like it to be a tad higher but I can live with it, otherwise I'd be carrying (or rather my wife would be) my manfrotto xpro B around. I carry this on my bag all day and hardly notice the weight, you wouldn't want to be sticking a DSLR on it I reckon, you could but I think it's more suited to Compact Systems Cameras and the like (Bridge cameras etc). For the price you can't go wrong.

The Tudors - Complete Season 1-4 [DVD]
The Tudors - Complete Season 1-4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Rhys Meyers

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 27 Aug. 2013
I am a keen on medieval history fan, but those people who have written on here that it's too dramatized, or authentic enough and not true to the time, please, this is a screen play not a historical 100% perfect factual account. Like I say, I am a keen history fan and I took this for what it is and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, that much so that I ended I buying another copy for my sister. For the price if you like Tudor history and can avoid being a history anorak whilst watching it, then you wont be disappointed. Or alternatively if you know little about this period then I would recommend buying and watching this to get the background of the story and carry out further research if required after viewing, it is great way to get the whole picture.
I was going to save watching this for the dark nights of autumn/winter but started the first DVD and finished two weeks later I was that captivated. Go on........treat yourself, sit back and enjoy, how much would it cost to view this much amount of time in a cinema?
Enjoy............

Big Bargain Bayonet Lens Hood for CANON EF 50mm f/1.8 II ES-62 62-L
Big Bargain Bayonet Lens Hood for CANON EF 50mm f/1.8 II ES-62 62-L

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon EF 50mm bayonet lens hood, 8 April 2013
Rather stupidly I thought this was coming from Ireland, as it was, it came from China and took several weeks to arrive, so if you need this in a hurry order elsewhere. As for the product itself, its fine, fits well and does exactly what it says on the tin at a good price too.

Page: 1 | 2