Profile for Floating Apple > Reviews

Content by Floating Apple

Floating Apple

We Need Medicine (Amazon Exclusive Signed Version)
We Need Medicine (Amazon Exclusive Signed Version)
Price: 11.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad track on here, absolutely brilliant :), 23 Oct 2013
I have been a huge fan of the Fratelli's since the Costello Music album and I was so excited to find out they have a 3rd album coming out after 4 years of hiatus. I ordered the album now because I'm going to see them in November and wanted to be able to sing along to the songs!

I loved Halloween Blues on the first listen, it's very catchy with clever lyrics (although this is nothing new for the them)so I'm sure I'll soon know all the words. 'This is not the end of the world' is another one of my favourites, I am usually not a huge fan of repeating chorus' but I think it works really well here. 'Seven nights seven days' is the only track I'd heard before buying the album so this is not a new one for me but I have been listening to it a lot. I have not had the album for long enough to know all the songs properly, but I also really like 'Shotgun shoes', 'This old ghost town' and 'She's not gone yet but she's leaving'. Having listened to the whole album though I am certain that I will end up loving all of the songs.

In my opinion the sound of this album is closer to Costello Music than Here We Stand was but you can hear elements of them both in the songs, although obviously there are new sounds as well. I also think it's quite similar to Jon Fratelli's solo album.

I don't often buy CD's anymore, I think like most people, but I am certainly glad I bought this one. I think you will be too - I don't believe Jon could write a bad song if he tried.

Sony NWZA865W.CEW Series 16GB Walkman - White
Sony NWZA865W.CEW Series 16GB Walkman - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this player!, 26 Feb 2012
I was forced to buy a new MP3 player after accidentally dropping my old Sony NWZ-A728 in water. That was a fantastic player so anything else I bought was going to have a lot to live up to. I've now had it for about 2 weeks and I'm really pleased with it!

I spent a few weeks researching and I did have a look at other brands but eventually decided I wanted to stay with Sony, who I know and love. But I was really worried about the volume cap everyone is talking about; my old one was bought before the cap came in and I like to listen to my music loud most of the time. It was probably the biggest thing holding me back from buying a Sony. In the end I went into my local Sony Centre and had a listen. I was relieved to find that the volume was fine (I think I heard this player doesn't have the cap, but I don't know about that). However if you are also worried about the volume I would advise you to go into a Sony Centre as well, if there's one near you. Hearing for yourself will help you more than reading any review I promise!

I was also wary about it being a touchscreen. I've never had one before and I was worried about not being able to use it. I would have preferred it to be operated by buttons and to be honest, I still do. (Saying that, I started getting used to the touchscreen within about a day so in the long term, I don't think this will be a problem.) However I think the buttons on the side are extra useful and I'm glad they exist, they make it much easier to control when in my pocket etc. I decided to get a touchscreen because none of the button operated players appealed to me in terms of how they looked, but this one looks great!

I think the screen is an excellant size. I wouldn't want to watch a full length movie on it but I have a couple of shorter videos on there and they look good. I really wanted a larger screen, another thing that put me off button players and drew me towards this one.

The sound is excellant too. In between MP3s, I was using the MP3 player on my blackberry and by the end I wanted to pull my own ears off. Obviously unless your phone is a sony eriksson, it isn't made for listening to music and it shows. I'm not an expert or anything, but I think its better than the Ipod in terms of sound. I can't say how it weighs against other players because I don't know anybody who doesn't have a sony or an Ipod. So if your looking for sound, like other people have said, get a sony!

So basically, I'm really happy with this player. I'm just waiting to find a screen protector to go with this as well as a case, because its white and so is going to get dirty really quickly if I'm not careful.

I don't yet 'love' this one like I did my old one but I think that's just because I haven't had it very long. I'm sure in a few months I will. So if your looking at reviews of this you're probably already half persuaded to buy it. At the end of the day it plays music well, so you can't really go wrong! :)