Profile for Mr. D. Glennon > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. Glennon

Mr. D. Glennon "Daniel Glennon" (UK)

Wanderlust
Wanderlust
Price: 6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely change of pace, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wanderlust (Audio CD)
This album has really brightened a dark January. It's a simply lovely, slightly melancholy change of pace for the fabulous SEB. Her voice has never sounded as fabulous as it does on this collection of stripped-back tracks. Her song-writing collaboration with Ed Harcourt has paid creative dividends, every song here is a memorable keeper. I won't mind if Sophie returns to more dance-oriented pop for her next album, but this is certainly a lovely change of pace in the meantime. Heartily recommended for fans and newcomers alike. I don't often buy CDs these day, opting more often for the convenience of downloading, but I'm very happy to add this one to my collection. I hope it's a huge success for Sophie!

Don't Let Me Cry: My story of my battle with breast cancer
Don't Let Me Cry: My story of my battle with breast cancer
by Tina Jenkinson
Price: 7.89

4.0 out of 5 stars An inspirational read, 3 April 2013
A deeply personal and brutally honest account of one woman's experience of breast cancer, this book reads like an intimate diary of the events that the author went through. Ultimately, it is an inspirational story of survival and hope, detailing how the author used a new-found strength to make positive changes in her life, finding a new passion in her voluntary work with an animal welfare organisation in Africa.

This is a great and easy read and one that will give comfort to other women going through a similar experience, or indeed their friends and family.

Kenny [2007] [DVD]
Kenny [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shane Jacobson
Offered by babsbargains *** WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ***
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this film, 6 Jan 2008
This review is from: Kenny [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
I was so surprised by this film.I wasn't expecting much but it was so charming and loveable, I saw it twice at the cinema and want to get it on DVD. If you didn't see it at cinema, you should rent or buy the DVD - this is a film that's impossible to dislike. If you loved quirky little Aussie comedies like The Dish and The Castle (and if you've not seen them, you should seek them out)then this is for you. If there's any justice then the film's star Shane Jacobson will become an international star.