Profile for S Gibson > Reviews

S Gibson

Cat Mate Large 4-Way Cat Flap
Cat Mate Large 4-Way Cat Flap

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and does the job, 9 Jun 2014
We have two of these, one in the inside/back door, the other in the wall of the conservatory, on that one the clip broke so this was to replace it.
The only downside I know of is the plastic clips go hard and brittel and snap after a couple of years, but it does not help when a big maine coon thinks she can go out of it when locked!!!

Morphy Richards Accents 43905 Jug Kettle 1.5 Litres 3 KW - Black
Morphy Richards Accents 43905 Jug Kettle 1.5 Litres 3 KW - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a problem, 9 Jun 2014
Its a kettle, it boils water, looks good and not a problem. Quite easy really, do not see what you can find fault with.

Nice buy.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great SSD drive, 9 Jun 2014
I had an SSD in my laptop so when my mother-in-law at 82 said her laptop was slow to get going I thought of an SSD, and she had an i3 inside and yes it was slow.
Bought and as I had a lead to plug in to clone the drive it was not a problem, the samsung site was great, downloaded the updated program to clone and 30 minuets later it was done.

Before it was taking 7min to load, after getting the SSD inside it was 16 seconds! My sandisk is slower so poor old me is a bit peeved, three months ago the 840 was £80, so I bought the sandisk, now I have seen the samsung run I should have got one in the first place.

You will love just how easy it is to clone with samsung's website/program.

100% Cotton Vintage Ultra Stylish Outback Bush Hat (Stone, 60cm)
100% Cotton Vintage Ultra Stylish Outback Bush Hat (Stone, 60cm)
Offered by Dannii Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking hat, 30 April 2014
It's a great hat, not expensive, good feel, in fact it feels quite well made, as its made of cotton my wife say's it will be ok when it gets wet (which it will) Fits fine and you can move the rim a little.
All in all a good hat for hot summer sun in the caribbean.

Stanley 183065 MaxSteel Light-Duty Vice 100mm 4 -inch
Stanley 183065 MaxSteel Light-Duty Vice 100mm 4 -inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than thought but great., 10 April 2014
I needed a vice for ages so read a few reviews and bought this, when it arrived I took it out and thought "small", but to be honest I thought it was a full size vice like I used to use in a workshop, its not.

Do not let the size put you off (its not that small) it does the job its bigger brothers can do, if you want to shape steel on the anvil part get the bigger one, this is man enough for the home and on the plus side it swivels! Plus it has a pipe grip under the mouth.

I would say if you want a vice for the home shed/workshop then there is nothing wrong with this, its a light/medium use vise and does not take up a huge amount of room the full size one does, I am quite happy with it even though its smaller than I thought but quite happy that it was'nt full size as I have more room on the bench.

SanDisk 128 GB 2.5 Inch Internal SSD 475 MB/s (SDSSDP-128G-G25)
SanDisk 128 GB 2.5 Inch Internal SSD 475 MB/s (SDSSDP-128G-G25)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good "but", 27 Mar 2014
Before I swopped over my 7200rpm hard drive to this I run a program to get all the read and write values, this goes in and load everything up and run the program again, the write speed was a lot lower than my old hard drive, but to be honest you cannot tell it is slower.
It makes the boot up time super-fast, programs open in a second, you will wonder why they are not fitted to all PC's. Just about the best upgrade I have ever done and will do it again.

You will love the speed, and forget about all the specs, no matter which one you buy it will still be super quick, and this was a good make and a good price.

PS: Do not use the "Defragment"......... On SSHD.

Samsung UE40F5500 40 -inch LCD 1080 pixels 100 Hz TV (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Laptop Outlet UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, 27 Mar 2014
Like most people I did a lot of research before buying this, My mother in law has the 37" 5000 and the picture is super! It was a bit of a toss-up between this and the 42" LG, but the LG was a little more money and it did not have the ITV player, So I bought this.
Picture is super but it did need a few days of tweeking to get the colour right, set itself up, even wifi connected fine even though I have a hard wire, but thats in the freesat box. As for the sound, it sounded fine to me before I connected my sound system.
No downside as far as I can tell apart from the browser, but why would you want to do any searching on the TV?

Nice stand, nice slim surround, great picture, just wish I had gone a bit bigger!

BT 7600 Cordless DECT Phone with Answer Machine and Nuisance Call Blocker (Pack of 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should., 4 Feb 2014
I bought the twin set of phones because of unwanted calls, and it does what it should. Easy to set up and to use.
The only things that I found it came up short on was the small 10 number memory for the blocked calls, and the other small thing is I would have thought it would have been able to read a sim card.
It works well, blocks unwanted calls and has an answerphone. A good buy I would say.