Profile for APD > Reviews

Belle
Belle
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent film all round - acting, 17 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Belle (Amazon Instant Video)
An excellent film all round - acting, storyline, costume, direction, settings. Involving, and more than just a period romantic drama. The best film I have seen for a long time.

Pair Of Blackout Curtain Lining 46"x72"- Thermal
Pair Of Blackout Curtain Lining 46"x72"- Thermal

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for saving on heating costs, 14 Aug. 2014
These linings keep out the cold and sun and help keep the heat in. Well worth having.

Elegance Mansfield Natural Fully Lined Readymade Curtain Pair 90x72in(228x182cm) Including One Pair Of Co-Ordinating Tiebacks.
Offered by 4 Your Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we expected, 14 Aug. 2014
Just as expected. They are a bit thin but we expected that and bought extra linings to hang behind them. They look very good.

Beethoven: Symphony No. 3 (Eroica) / Symphony No. 8
Beethoven: Symphony No. 3 (Eroica) / Symphony No. 8
Offered by VECOSELL

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me appreciate the 3rd, 15 July 2014
This recording did really well, as I have not got on with the 3rd Symphony before, and this recording sold it to me. It had just the right dynamism to hold my attention. Very worth buying if you can get it for a good price, but I think you might look for a more modern interpretation if this cd is on offer at "full price".

Beethoven: Symphonies 1 & 6 'Pastoral' / Egmont Overture
Beethoven: Symphonies 1 & 6 'Pastoral' / Egmont Overture
Offered by Smart-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the rest of the series, 15 July 2014
I bought this for the version of the 6th Symphony. Having got other cd's in the series, such as 9th symphony, I was hoping for an equally good recording and I was not disappointed. Very good value.

Beethoven: Symphonies Nos 2 & 5
Beethoven: Symphonies Nos 2 & 5
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A good old version, 15 July 2014
I'm not a great fan of the 5th Symphony, but I actually enjoyed this interpretation. I was a bit worried about the age of the recordings, but the sound quality was excellent. Very good value when you can get it so cheaply.

8 Classic Albums
8 Classic Albums

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 of the 8 were excellent, 15 July 2014
This review is from: 8 Classic Albums (Audio CD)
6 of the 8 albums were excellent. A couple were a bit disappointing, but from such a large selection that is not bad. He seems to have gone through a weaker patch around 1960! It was extremely interesting to hear whole albums instead of selections on an anthology. it also meant hearing tracks that you do not normally come across on greatest hits collections. Well worth buying as the overall quality is very good indeed and experiencing whole albums, each with their own emphasis, really is worthwhile. And the collection is really good value for 8 albums on 4 disks.

Essential Alabama Blues
Essential Alabama Blues

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but look out for the language!, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Essential Alabama Blues (Audio CD)
Excellent selection of county blues style tracks. Well worth buying. However, it might have had a warning about explicit lyrics, as a couple of tracks are very explicit, CD1 Track 23 and CD2 Track 21. They are not just suggestive like other blues, such as "I'm a King Bee". They were quite fun but might offend some listeners.

100 Hits - Jazz Greats
100 Hits - Jazz Greats
Offered by Music-Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Not to my taste; I wish the item description had been better, 5 July 2014
This review is from: 100 Hits - Jazz Greats (Audio CD)
I was really disappointed with this set, as I wanted small groups playing jazz, eg Hot Club of France, and this is nearly all big band, which is definitely not my cup of tea. I'm glad it was so cheap. There needed to be more details about what was on it.

Music Of India
Music Of India

4.0 out of 5 stars Good if you want just ragas, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Music Of India (Audio CD)
Enjoyable to hear and well played, but I would have liked more variety, not just ragas. Still they are useful, as you can listen to them or have them playing in the background.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7