Profile for midgaard > Reviews

Content by midgaard

midgaard

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Good Food: Fish & Seafood Dishes: Triple-tested Recipes: Tried-and-tested Recipes (Good Food 101)
by Jeni Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like fish..., 26 Oct. 2013
....but this one! I made almost all of the recipes from the book, using mostly haddock, halibut, tilapia, salmon and cod, and any of them disappointed me. Really nice book.

The Food Of Italy
The Food Of Italy
by Claudia Roden

4.0 out of 5 stars Good one, 26 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Food Of Italy (Paperback)
I like Claudia's book, I was counting on similar book as her "Food of Spain", but it's not even close to it. Yet I made some of her recipes and they went out really good.

For The Love of Food: Vegetarian Recipes from the Heart
For The Love of Food: Vegetarian Recipes from the Heart
by Denis Cotter

5.0 out of 5 stars great one, 26 Oct. 2013
easy, mouthwatering receipes, the ones which ends with a warm bowl of comforting food in your hands. Highly recommended, a must have in the kitchen.

Elizabeth David Classics: "Mediterranean Food", "French Country Cooking" and "Summer Cooking"
by Elizabeth David

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 26 Oct. 2013
Elizabeth David nevet let's me down, her recipes are both easy and handy, as more difficult and requiring times and commitement. I use it frequently, gives a hint of ideas for good meal. An absolute must in your kitchen.

The Book of Negroes
The Book of Negroes
by Lawrence Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 26 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Book of Negroes (Paperback)
I enjoyed reading this book, it kind of stories for autumn evenings, it's hard to put it away. Gives a hint of the dark side of history.

Good Food: 101 Cakes & Bakes: Tried and tested Recipes
Good Food: 101 Cakes & Bakes: Tried and tested Recipes
by Mary Cadogan

4.0 out of 5 stars nice one to have, 26 Oct. 2013
bought is actually to have all the good food collection on my bookshelf, it's not as fancy as the Easy baking recipes, but still I steal some ideas from it when I'm about to bake. buy one only if you have some spare money.

Short and Sweet
Short and Sweet
by Dan Lepard

4.0 out of 5 stars Good one, 26 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Short and Sweet (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book, full of interesting receipes, yet I cannot label them as easy, each time I want to make something, I need to prepare myself - do the shopping, plan the time. But I recommend it, as baking cannot be only nice and easy :)

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
by Patrick Rothfuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 26 Oct. 2013
I really enjoyed the story of the young boy struggling with it's life. There is a balance of good and bad in this book, not too sad and not too cheerful. If anyone likes magic happening in the woods, all the ancient tales - should buy this book right away.

The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle): 2
The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle): 2
by Patrick Rothfuss

4.0 out of 5 stars The story continues, 26 Oct. 2013
I'm still enjoying the book, though sometimes my eyes shut down as the too-long parts of the book make me sleepy. It's not tha same as the first part, when I could read all night. Still, the story is still interesting and worth to read.

2013 Moleskine Red Pocket Weekly Notebook 12 Month Hard
2013 Moleskine Red Pocket Weekly Notebook 12 Month Hard

5.0 out of 5 stars Never get bored with Moleskin, 26 Oct. 2013
I like to have Moleskin calendar, I have a private one and and bigger one in the office. I like the paper, I enjoy writing in in with fountain pen. Looks a bit retro and very modern at the same time. Next year I'll buy another one, this is a tradition now. Laway with Moleskin.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6