Profile for LakeConstance > Reviews

Being There (Black Swan)
by Jerzy Kosinski
Price: 6.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, great story, 13 July 2014
Good book, great story, easy to read for a non-native speaker. In comparison to the film, I prefer this simple ending description of the book. Sounds more real to me than the walking on water in the film. Highly recommendable read with am important message about life.

Inspector Morse: The Complete Series 1-12 [DVD]
Inspector Morse: The Complete Series 1-12 [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Thaw
Price: 28.60

5.0 out of 5 stars And - above all - this awesome place Oxford - need to see it some time ..., 13 July 2014
I adore the Morse series, the settings, the actors, the stories. Never get tired of watching, learning words and helpful phrases. And - above all - this awesome place Oxford - need to see it some time again.

Being There Deluxe Edition [DVD] [1979]
Being There Deluxe Edition [DVD] [1979]
Dvd ~ Peter Sellers
Offered by hunting_for_a_bargain
Price: 26.98

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful film. I like watching it with my students ..., 13 July 2014
What a wonderful film. I like watching it with my students and having discussions afterwards. There's a lot to think about communication and imagination among people. You see what you want to see.
Brilliant actors, of course. Peter Sellers outperforms himself.

Dynamic Presentations DVD
Dynamic Presentations DVD
Dvd ~ Mark Powell
Price: 28.62

5.0 out of 5 stars It's one of my favourite teaching resources, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Dynamic Presentations DVD (DVD)
It's one of my favourite teaching resources. It's full of great ideas, very helpful vocabulary, brilliant photographs, a rich source of information, quotes, exercises. Highly recommendable!!!

Lewis - Series 1-5 Complete [DVD]
Lewis - Series 1-5 Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Whately
Offered by Electro Vortex
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Just great. I never get tired watching these episodes around lovely Oxford.

Lewis - Series 6 [DVD]
Lewis - Series 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Whately
Price: 11.96

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm just a great fan of these English thrillers, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Lewis - Series 6 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm just a great fan of these English thrillers. I have all series and keep watching them again and again. The English language seems to me to be a very high level one. So, I keep learning while watching. Especially the phrasal verbs.
I also admire the actors. They are all real "characters". Just wonderful.

Exploring Culture: Exercises, Stories and Synthetic Cultures
Exploring Culture: Exercises, Stories and Synthetic Cultures
by Geert Hofstede
Price: 17.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book with lots of impulses, 13 July 2014
A brilliant book with lots of impulses, good exercises, a nicely written story that shows the difference between cultures.
I especially liked the virtual cultures, where two extremes are compared with each other. These explain where there can arise conflicts in communication and behaviour when dealing with people from abroad. I also love the layout of the book.

Intercultural Activities (Oxford Basics)
Intercultural Activities (Oxford Basics)
by Simon Gill
Price: 9.71

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not sure whether I can use the exercises in ..., 13 July 2014
I'm not sure whether I can use the exercises in a seminar for adults. At first sight it seems to me to be more for young people. However, that's why I haven't really had a closer look.

Communicating Across Cultures DVD
Communicating Across Cultures DVD
Dvd ~ Dignen Bob
Offered by Books2anywhereUS
Price: 15.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good short film, 13 July 2014
Very good short film, excellent explanations, it shows clearly, what is important and what to take care about when one has to deal with other cultures.