Profile for mattyyey > Reviews

Content by mattyyey

mattyyey

Page: 1 | 2
The Friendly Swede Bundle of 2 High Precision Universal 2-in-1 Business Stylus and Ballpoint Pens + 4 Replacement Tips + 1 Cleaning Cloth in Retail Packaging (Black + White)
Offered by The Friendly Swede [UK]

4.0 out of 5 stars quality, 14 Feb. 2014
The replacement heads are useful, the pen writes well, and nib draws well on my phone/tablet. I have had many different types of stylus from cheap to really expensive ones, eventually that break or get clogged up etc etc, this one has lasted the 2nd longest of all ive owned and is still going. and no apart from for my own amusment, I havent replaced the nib yet

The Pi Hut 7 Port Powered Hub for Raspberry Pi
The Pi Hut 7 Port Powered Hub for Raspberry Pi
Offered by The Pi Hut

5.0 out of 5 stars damned good., 3 Feb. 2014
I know there are some bad reviews of this, but I dont know what the hell they are going on about. I have been using it constantly for 12 hours, and the plug isnt even that how.

yes its a 5v 2000ma power TO THE HUB. Using TP1 and TP2 I can confirm that booted displaying the xmbc menu, with all the below item connected, it still stuppys 4.96 v to the rpi. under load I only saw it drop to 4.92v. With the rpi idle (shutdown) it supplies 5.20v. Tolerance is 4.75v to 5.25v, so this powered hub ticks all the boxes. Please note for these tests I am using a thick 1mtr blackberry cable.
No it doesn't include a cable for the rpi.
I booted my rpi b and my wireless keyboard/mouse and wifi adapter and bluetooth adapter and usb stick (in and out alot loading apps) and obv the rpi. I have been streaming iplayer on xmbc for a couple hour, no bother or glitches.

The usb connections are tight, do not force them as i do think thats how so many ppl said it broke quick.... just be firm and slow.

It is a very nice bit of cheap kit. and I say cheap not because it feels cheap, but for the price, you can hardly expect the best quality in the world.

Rotastak Security Clips
Rotastak Security Clips
Offered by PetsunitedUK

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job., 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Rotastak Security Clips (Misc.)
These could of been cheaper, but they work and fit like the originals, infact im no longer 100% which is which. Great if you lost some like me.

DIY Repair Kit - for Vauxhall Opel Corsa Combo Agila Meriva 2 button remote key
DIY Repair Kit - for Vauxhall Opel Corsa Combo Agila Meriva 2 button remote key
Offered by Automobile Locksmith Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing parts., 28 Jun. 2013
What arrived was fine. the plastic isnt the same quality as the original, but does just as god of a job. It slots in and holds the electronics fine with a little wiggle. HOWEVER low review as I bought this one above others to get the buttons. The buttons nor the battery arrived in my pack. That meant that my fob was not repaired. I have since got 2 non standard buttons and done it myself, but that is not the point.

Samsung HS3000 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black
Samsung HS3000 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars exactly what it should be., 21 Mar. 2013
Great just great. distance from phone (sgs3) it can take calls n play music is great, its got a good battery life, and the earphones it comes with are good. my ONLY complaint is that the sound alive mode doesnt seem to do anything. makes almost no difference. Thats the lost of the one star... However my phones has audio settings so idc.,

Anker 2200mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3 S III, I9300, I9305 LTE, Galaxy S3 Neo, fits EB-L1G6LLU, with NFC/Google Wallet Compatibility [18-Month Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems v similar to stock battery (gt-i9300), 21 Mar. 2013
This battery is good. I don't know if others get faulty equipment, however I've had no problems. I've been using my official stock battery for around a year, and so my original battery has lost a small amount of its capacity imho. Keep that in mind when, I say that the anker battery has a very similar results to my original. This is the reason its only got 4*s becausei was hoping it would be a little better than my original.

When I first got the battery, I did what you are meant to do when you get a new phone, I think its always good practise. The thing to do, is CHARGER IT BEFORE USING IT. Keep your phone off and charge it until 100% and when it says 100%, leave it another 30 mins. This ensures its fully charged. Then I would not charge it again until below 5% (or can go to 0% but dont do that regularly) this is your full capacity. This over the next few days ALWAYS charge to 100%, if possible do this with the phone off, and drain it down to below 15% (i like 5% tho). This can be difficult if you intend to keep swapping batteries. Without a external charger like i have, you may struggle to keep the cycle.

I've owned this battery for a a few weeks now, and have while i have swapped a few times, i am finding it capable of lasting the day with my usage.

Samsung USB Connector to microUSB for Samsung Galaxy S2 / S3 (ET-R205UBEGSTD)
Samsung USB Connector to microUSB for Samsung Galaxy S2 / S3 (ET-R205UBEGSTD)

4.0 out of 5 stars As I expected., 28 Oct. 2012
Ok so I did some checking into this first before buying this one. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300), running samsung based custom Jelly Bean rom. make sure this is intended to work on your device before ordering.

So the delivery wasnt too long - I think it was 6 days (free delivery). I'm unsure of if it is official or not, but it certainly looks the part. The connection can be a little stiff, but if you intent to plug something heavy in, I guess thats a good idea... It worked perfectly on my phone, I tried my PC's mouse and keyboard (mouse has a wireless dongle thing & keyboard is wired) they work great! I have tried using the mouse to play max payne on my mobile and my shooting accuracy has gone through the roof (as if i was playing on a pc) I love this adapter! got an SGS3? get one.

The only negative comment I have, is that while a tight connection is kinda good, I rushly pulled out the mouse dongle one day, and part of it stayed in the adapter! :/ I had to use tweezers to pull it out. This could easily be a cheap mouse dongle, BUT I've never had it do that to me b4 on my pc usb ports. Well worth the buy anyway.

Cameron Sino Extended 2400 mAh Battery for HTC Desire with Back Cover, Supplied by UltimateAddons-UK
Offered by UK Battery

4.0 out of 5 stars effective but bulky, 3 Aug. 2012
right, I would like to firstly give one MAJOR piece of advice:-

1)if you can/know how to, WIPE THE BATTERY STATS (in recovery - root required)

2)charge with the phone off! and just because it goes green doesn't mean its done. It will need a good 10 hour charge no matter what it says, or even what the battery register says (thats not what the OS says, thats the stats)

----------
Here's a little tale about my exp:
I knew to wipe my battery stats, I knew to charge with the phone off. Well tbh I only charged the last part with it off, which is quite acceptable as i understand WHY it should be off... I let it charge till it was green, I then left it for about 30 mins (FYI green light is set for 90% or 95%) I booted up with it plugged in and then pulled it out and went on my day. I was VERY disappointed with it! It was little better than my two year old official stock battery. Then I thought about it...... brain wave! NEW BATTERYS NEED TO BE CHARGED FOR MANY MANY HOURS LONGER THAN THE USUAL.

This time I did all the same, wiped stats charge with it off, and then instead of 30 mins I left it ANOTHER 7 hours (while i slept) which i think was 11h charge in total... This works!
--------

The battery went through many texts n a few calls, several hours of listening to music, heavy browsing (with bad signal i might add which uses more battery), Sat nav all the way to town, some gaming (GBA emu), some app updates on wifi, and finally an episode of family guy. all in all what i would say was easily 2 normal battery uses. I got into bed at 11pm (after taking off charge at 5:30am) and had 27% battery. Now nearly a month later i rarely get into bed at the end of the day with less than 30%, some times 50% it all depends how im using it, but I have NEVER had it run out on me or had to desperately look for my car charger. I always let it charge over night - so i guess it gets a 6h charge, but once in a while i like to charge with the phone off, to ensure its still "fully charged" usually when i dont have to be up. I used to do this with my old battery because even if u actually calibrated my phone to my battery i still found after a week of usage it could get an "extra charge".

The way the case is made is nice, it protects the camera from scratches when its placed down - which always used to bug me when i didnt have a protector. It does make your phone very bulky, but it doesnt effect the weight much.

sooo +3 stars good battery when properaly charged
+1 star case is acceptable
BUT -1 star instructions would have been nice

York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set
York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set

4.0 out of 5 stars great for beginners, 29 Jun. 2012
great - can do upto 10kg each. rubber is soft enough - some might complain about sores, but i say - try working on a building site! pfft! anyway I use them to tone myself up. nice n sturdy instructions might help a novice. In fact I only have one complaint... The locks! the locking nut is plastic - ok... - and if you do them tight will stay tight for a while. However they do work loose... I check they are tight before each session (I mean only 3 times a week) before I start to use them. all in all im happy.

StarTech.com Expansion Slot Rear Exhaust Cooling Fan with LP4 Connector
StarTech.com Expansion Slot Rear Exhaust Cooling Fan with LP4 Connector

4.0 out of 5 stars As I expected., 29 Jun. 2012
Have a read through the comments below, this card works very well and gave me an avg drop of 14 degrees, so its fine. Its still quieter than my GPU's fan, so thats good. I have noticed my room get warm if i have my computer on all day now, but thats to be expected. ;) ;)

Have a look for a long review from thepurplefrog, that's why I decided to buy it, but basically if your smart with it, it will do its job.

Page: 1 | 2