Profile for QueenB > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab little story, 6 May 2013
I really enjoyed this book. Different story and believable. Why can't more old people be this quirky and mad! Fascinating life this old man had. A good read.

Shadows Of The Workhouse: The Drama Of Life In Postwar London (Call The Midwife Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Similar to the others, 6 May 2013
Quick read but a little disappointed. I have read the midwife stories and lots of stories repeated in his book. If you haven't read the other books, then this is an enjoyable read.

Spirited Away [DVD] [2001]
Spirited Away [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Rumi Hiiragi

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Spirited Away [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
I watch this over and over with my 10 year old daughter. So well made with likeable characters, mystical and imaginative. If you enjoy Disney animated films, give this one a try. It is a little bit different but quite magical and captivating!

The Clippie Girls
The Clippie Girls

3.0 out of 5 stars Light hearted quick read, 6 May 2013
This review is from: The Clippie Girls (Kindle Edition)
Lovely little story. Enjoyable quick read. Romance and trying times with a believable plot. I'm glad I didn't have to live through a World war. God bless my grandparents.

Here Be Dragons
Here Be Dragons

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Here Be Dragons (Kindle Edition)
I'm only half way through. The book is well written with captivating characters. If you love historical novels, this writer will not disappoint.

Clay
Clay

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little story, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Clay (Kindle Edition)
This book was a nice little story. Nothing too in depth, well written and very descriptive. Sometimes too much description on the surrounding nature and wildlife in my opinion. I enjoyed the developing relationships with the characters and felt that these people really do exist out there.

Start French (Learn French with the Michel Thomas Method)
Start French (Learn French with the Michel Thomas Method)
by Michel Thomas
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes sense, 28 April 2013
I have tried several types of French learning books and CDs. This one is so easy to pick up. He makes it very easy to understand. I am fairly good at French but very rusty so I bought the basic. It's good to remind yourself of the basics and progress. I try to listen in the car but my kids get irritated with me! The only thing that really grates on me about this package is the girl student that he is teaching. She has a really irritating voice and doesn't listen to what Michel is telling her which in turn I find myself getting frustrated with her also.

All in all a great cd, worth getting but try to listen to it every day. Don't let the kids rule the car stereo!

Mud, Sweat and Tears Junior Edition
Mud, Sweat and Tears Junior Edition
by Bear Grylls

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 year old loves him,, 28 April 2013
My daughter loves Bear. Obsessed with his programmes which she can watch over and over again. A lovely book which we read together sometimes. It gives her a good insight to his early life also. Very fascinating life. I wish he would make some more programmes, great entertainment.

De'Longhi Icona CTO4003.G 4-Sl Toaster, Green
De'Longhi Icona CTO4003.G 4-Sl Toaster, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Great look & fab for families, 28 April 2013
This looks the part, if you are a person like me who has a family that eats mainly toast, crumpets etc in the morning, its great to have four toasting slots and no more waiting. I don't hide away my very used toaster like some. It's part of my kitchen. This toaster looks Italian chic & stylish on my work surface and the colour is fun. What more can I say about a toaster! It's toasting our buns a treat!

Noughts & Crosses Sequence Boxset (Noughts And Crosses)
Noughts & Crosses Sequence Boxset (Noughts And Crosses)
by Malorie Blackman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 28 April 2013
My 13 year old daughter got through these books in just over a week! She thoroughly enjoyed a meaty storyline with thought provoking topics and relationships throughout. Thanks to these fabulous writers, our children remain somewhat inspired and wanting to read more. Now I have to read them on her orders!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8