Profile for Kaybee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
TrueFitt & Hill 50ml Authentic Post Shave Balm
TrueFitt & Hill 50ml Authentic Post Shave Balm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., 27 Jun. 2014
I bought this product on the strength of the 2 previous reviews, and I'm glad I did. It does have a nice fragrance. I personally don't like a too strong a smell as it puts me off my beer, which of course is a big no no. It has a neat dispenser, no chance of any waste, and you don't need to use a lot as a little goes along way. It feels good, not greasy, and makes your skin feel good for a long time after.
Yes, I would definitely recommend this product.

12 Angry Men [DVD] [1957]
12 Angry Men [DVD] [1957]
Dvd ~ Henry Fonda
Offered by Bridge Media UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great classic film, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: 12 Angry Men [DVD] [1957] (DVD)
I first saw this film as young lad in the late sixty's, and couple of time since. Then I saw the play at the Garrick theatre with Martin Shaw. That's why I bought this DVD to compare it with the play. The film is just as gripping as when I first saw it. It's about 12 Jurors in a New York court house room deliberating if the young lad who is accused of murdering his father Is guilty or not. The first vote that is taken, one man, ( Henry Fonda,) votes not guilty. Slowly but surely after more deliberating and voting, more jurors find him not guilty. It's surprising how the jurors work out the clues to the case from what was said and seen in the court room something that the young mans lawyer should have picked up on but didn't because of his, well, inexperience or uselessness as a defending lawyer, he was the only one the lad could afford. Of course there is a lot more to the film that I have explained here, but I don't want to give too much away and spoil it for anyone who want's to watch it. If you like old black and white films and a bit of suspense with a great cast get this DVD, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Exchanging Islands
Exchanging Islands
by Graham Mcglone

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly feasible story., 3 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Exchanging Islands (Paperback)
Once I started reading this book I couldn't put it down. You can well imagine a nuclear war starting the way it does in this story. Just when you think nothing else could possibly happen and the story must be over something else crops up to get you going again. The ending is a corker.
If possible, read the authors first book "The Silvertown kid" before you read this as he relives one of his experiences in it. I can imagine this book would make a great film.

The Silvertown Kid: Tales of a Randy Deckhand
The Silvertown Kid: Tales of a Randy Deckhand
by Graham Mcglone

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book., 13 Aug. 2013
Anyone who has been to sea or just interested in sea stories will enjoy this book. It brings back very fond memories and even jogs your memory, I'd forgotten about "tab nabs" we had for smokoes. The author explains everything about the workings of a ship and sea life it self, even down to the abbreviations captains use in the discharge books. He gives lots of facts and snippets of information about the countries he visited. He also explains the main reason for the demise of the Merchant Navy. Some people may say the author has embellished certain aspects of his life in the M.N, but hey, that's what authors do, that's why they are authors, its their job!!!
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I'm sure you will too.

Bulldog Snow Shovel
Bulldog Snow Shovel
Offered by E Bargains UK

5.0 out of 5 stars snow shovel., 7 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Bulldog Snow Shovel (DIY & Tools)
I haven't used my shovel yet. It certainly looks and feel strong enough to do the job, I'm sure it will. I'll let you know after I've used it.

Update. I've now used my snow shovel in the winters of 12 & 13 and I must say it was brilliant, it fair makes light work of clearing the snow, it's so good I carried on and cleared my neighbours drive of snow both times.

TABAC after shave balm 75ml
TABAC after shave balm 75ml
Offered by Medideals

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fragrance, 20 Aug. 2011
I first tried Tabac after shave over twenty years ago and really liked the smell but I stopped using after shave 'cos I couldn't see the point in stinging your face off for a bit of a smell. I was bought some Nivea after shave balm for a present last Christmas which was good but not much fragrance, so I thought I'd look to see if Tabac did a balm and I'm glad I did. It smells just as nice and lasts just as long as the after shave but with out making you jump through the ceiling when you "splash it all over". To me, it is a nice fresh fragrance and not over powering. I had to buy it off the Internet from "CheapSmells" as I couldn't buy it from a chemist.

From Scott to Fuchs
From Scott to Fuchs
by Gerald Bowman

5.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting little book, 18 Aug. 2011
This review is from: From Scott to Fuchs (Hardcover)
If you have read all the books about messrs, Scott Amundsen Shackleton Byrd Fuchs and Hillary I cannot really see the point in buying this book. As you can imagine the author covers very briefly the expeditions of each man. Myself, I've never read about Byrd or Fuchs and Hillary, but this book has certainly whetted my appetite for them and will get their books at a later date. The one thing I found interesting about this book is that the author, when he was 13 years old, actually met Shackleton and later donated money to his Imperial Trans- Antarctic Expedition. Later, when he was older and joined the merchant navy he actually sailed with McNish, Shackletons carpenter, but, disappointingly, for me, McNish never divulged what he thought about Shackleton after they had "the argument" and not being awarded the Polar medal; because in my mind McNish played an important part in getting the 3 boats over the ice. And was just as essential with his skill as a carpenter. in getting the James Caird to South Georgia as Shackleton and Worsley. But that's my opinion.

Daily Mail: The Big Book of Cryptic Crosswords 1 (The Daily Mail Puzzle Books)
Daily Mail: The Big Book of Cryptic Crosswords 1 (The Daily Mail Puzzle Books)
by Daily Mail

5.0 out of 5 stars The cryptic book., 28 July 2011
The crosswords in this book are harder than in the Daily Mail, but still a good challenge. And of course you can always cheat by peaking at the back.

Jagwire V-Brake Type Brake Blocks With Anti Squeal Compound
Jagwire V-Brake Type Brake Blocks With Anti Squeal Compound
Offered by BIKINGEAR

5.0 out of 5 stars Jagwire V-Brake Pads with anti squeal compound, 15 May 2011
I bought these on the strength of previous reviews, and I'm pleased I did, They feel really sure footed and have full confidence in them, I haven't had chance to try them in the rain yet due to the dry weather but I'm sure they will be fine.
As for the anti squeal compound; there ain't no squeals!!!!

Up date. 15/9/11. I've now tried these in the rain and they're great. I will definitely buy these again.

The Official Highway Code
The Official Highway Code
by Department for Transport

5.0 out of 5 stars A must of a regular read., 2 Nov. 2010
Every motorist, especially cyclists and pedestrians should read this. Then I'm sure the roads would be a safer place to be. Some motorists must drive with their hand hovering over the horn, 'cos when I make a mistake I get hooted with in milliseconds, if someone does the same too me I don't think about sounding my horn till it's "too late". If we are all honest with ourselves, we all make mistakes,so get this book and learn how to be a considerate and patient motorist, cyclist and pedestrian.

Page: 1 | 2