Profile for T. Powell > Reviews

Content by T. Powell

T. Powell "Timpo" (Cambs UK)

Stand Still Look Pretty
Stand Still Look Pretty
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars a one off - sadly, 13 July 2010
This review is from: Stand Still Look Pretty (Audio CD)
.... still a favourite on the player after a long time, this album is excellent, and since they only did this one before going their separate ways again - a one off not to be missed. Tennesee - incredible track where all elements combine wonderfully - lyric, mood, musicality, harmony and tone. One of my 'Desert Island Disc' selections .. give it a go.

Zappa Plays Zappa Live [DVD]
Zappa Plays Zappa Live [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dweezil Zappa

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown away .. and I am now ordering the DVD, 11 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Zappa Plays Zappa Live [DVD] (DVD)
A couple of FZ vinyl relics were occasionally lobbed onto my turntable, mainly 'Apostrophe', but I recently stumbled across the televised 'live' concert and was completely blown away, grabbed an HD recording of it on the SkyBox and it's been a staple ever since. OK I'm not a musician, but every member of that band was astounding, including the guest spots.One would normally expect Stev Vai to stand head and shoulders above the rest of the ensemble. On this occasion I honestly felt he was shaded by them. That's how good they were/are.

Good music is good music whatever the genre, and by gum DZ and the troops ranged wide, and deep, with marvellous mood, passion, joy and humour. Individual technical mastery combined with the tightest combo magic, and excellent production values makes me wish I'd been there.One of those 'magic' moments to treasure, and I'm backing up the recording with the DVD.

OK they're playing a legacy, but then so does every orchestra in the land. Wonderful stuff. And I'm in love with the delightful Sheila (is it) whose burst of simultaneous keyboards (right hand) and sax playing
(left)will be an abiding memory.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2013 12:48 PM BST