Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
What Doesn't Kill You: An intense, emotional, heartbreaking story (Chesil Beach Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars A darker tale from Choc Lit books, 26 Mar. 2016
It took a while to get into this book as several story lines get woven together. All the themes were were interestingOne of the reasons that I like Choc Lit books is that the characters are 'normal' and believeable. My only warning is that some people may find some of themes disturbing but I think that the author has explored them sensitively.
I wondered if I should have read the other books in the series first, but this book stands alone. I shall be looking for the others now.

Fangirl
Fangirl

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual take on uni life, 21 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Fangirl (Kindle Edition)
Although this book is aimed more to the teen market, I enjoyed it. I have heard of fan fiction but have not read that particular genre although have read some books that inspire fan fiction to be written. I liked seeing Cath developing and coming out of her fantasy world and the excerpts from the fan fiction added to writing.
Looking forward to reading more from Rainbow Rowell

How to Seduce a Billionaire (Black Lace)
How to Seduce a Billionaire (Black Lace)

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, 17 Feb. 2015
This is typical of its genre. Easy to read, likeable characters, good to pass a few hours.

Dinner with a Vampire (The Dark Heroine, Book 1)
Dinner with a Vampire (The Dark Heroine, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars but do like some fantasy stories, 24 Oct. 2014
I am not usually drawn to vampire stories, but do like some fantasy stories, especially involving magic or alternative worlds.The story is a good one and I did want to keep to keep reading. Now I know that the author was 15 when she started writing the story explains some of the plot. Sometimes I was frustrated that Violet didnt get more meaning from her visions and it took a while to get into the book. But then I started to care about the characters and how the dilemma would be resolved (this was done well, I thought). I have now got the second book and am looking forward to continuing the saga.

World Of Flavours Italian Non-Stick Ravioli Mould Tray
World Of Flavours Italian Non-Stick Ravioli Mould Tray

4.0 out of 5 stars sturdy ravioli maker, 18 April 2014
Sturdy tray with rolling pin. Instructions are not good. We used ur own pasta a d filling recipes. We used the pasta dough on 2nd to thiñest setting in pasta maker and followed the other reviewers here by generously flouring the tray and not over filling the holes. We used water rather than egg to seal the two pasta layers. We rolled the pasta together from middle out, then pressed along seal and removed the excess around the edge. Lastly the ravioli was tipped out. Sometimes it needed to be gently pulled to start. We used a knife to separate and left to dry a little on greaseproof paper or a tea towel. It did the job of removing the air well and no ravioli split when cooking. The size is generous. We used 8 as a portion.

The Bee Garden: How to Create or Adapt a Garden to Attract and Nurture Bees
The Bee Garden: How to Create or Adapt a Garden to Attract and Nurture Bees
by Maureen Little

4.0 out of 5 stars great practical resource for incouraging bees to your garden, 23 Mar. 2014
One of the questions that I get asked all the time when people find out that I keep bees is, "How can I help bees?" I always say that everyone can plant pollen and nectar rich plants and this book is an excellent starting pont. It is a great resource to attract bees to your garden. It begins with background to bees and list useful plants by season and whether they provide nectar or pollen or both. There are several suggested planting guides if you want to start from scratch.

HONEY Beekeepers Guide
HONEY Beekeepers Guide
Offered by becksdvds-co-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars clear and simple, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: HONEY Beekeepers Guide (DVD)
this is a clear and simple guide about how to extract, refine, store and jar honey. It shows how to prepare your honey for sale and how to produce Show exhibits. Essential viewing for new beekeepers. Experienced beekeepers will also get tips too.

Starting Over (Choc Lit) (Middledip Book 1)
Starting Over (Choc Lit) (Middledip Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Chick lit at its best, 11 Jan. 2014
I have just finished reading this for the second time and loved the two main characters all over again. I bought it for my tablet to have something to read on a journey and it would also suit for holidays, lazy Sunday afternoons. Sue Moorcroft manages to make her characters 3 diamentional and the dialogue is great too. I always seem to learn something in her books too (in this case, reconditioning old cars and illustrating books).
I bought this as a bundle with 2 other books from Choc Lit.

Chill Factor Squeeze Cup Slushy Maker (colours may vary)
Chill Factor Squeeze Cup Slushy Maker (colours may vary)
Offered by Dealberry.

4.0 out of 5 stars works in minutes, 1 Oct. 2013
I was sceptical that this would work but I've found that this works well as long as the cup has been in a freezer for at least 4 hours AND all the ingredients are cold from the fridge. I have used juice, squash, yoghurt and cold flavoured milk and they have all slushed by 5 minutes. I think the texture of the water based products is best with the yoghurt more grainy. It produces just enough for a treat. I haven't used it with children but I can see they would find it easy and fun.
The cup needs to be taken apart for cleaning and the first time it is a little confusing but now I easily do this. I keep a cup in the freezer all the time and have bought another.
I gave a 4 because it's quite expensive but I will use it a lot. Also, you cant choose which colour to have.

Songs From The Road
Songs From The Road
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all blues fans!, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Songs From The Road (Audio CD)
This dvd/cd combo showcases Oli Brown at his best. I have been a long time fan of Oli's and have seen him several times. His studio albums are great but he is really special live and this dvd really showcases his talent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4