Profile for Mrs. E. M. Ball > Reviews

Content by Mrs. E. M. Ball

Mrs. E. M. Ball (Mt Hawke, Cornwall)

Ryder Cup 2012 Official Film (39th) [DVD]
Ryder Cup 2012 Official Film (39th) [DVD]
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 9.63

3.0 out of 5 stars Ryder Cup 2012, 10 Dec 2012
Absolutely furious at the music over most of the commentary, took away the pleasure of watching and affected concentration. If I wanted music I would have played a CD!!! Not enough actual play, kept cutting away, rather disappointed as it wasn't half as good as previous Ryder Cup DVDs. Good result though!!

Vaughan Williams
Vaughan Williams
by Simon Heffer

4.0 out of 5 stars Vaughan Williams, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Vaughan Williams (Hardcover)
Very informative, lots of information about his life and music and the times in which he lived. Pleased that he was recognised in his own lifetime.

Allegri - Miserere; Lotti - Crucifixus; Palestrina - Stabat Mater Dolorosa
Allegri - Miserere; Lotti - Crucifixus; Palestrina - Stabat Mater Dolorosa
Price: 12.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Allegri Miserere, 22 May 2012
Fantastic reproduction, the music is so moving the choir - 16 - excellent, you can hear every word they are singing, I just sit in raptures listening to it and have played it several times already, I will never get tired of it.

Nintendo Wii (Black) with Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort: Includes Wii Remote Plus
Offered by DOOGLE
Price: 259.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Wii, 5 Feb 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After having such a lot of fun at Christmas on the Wii at our son's home we decided that it would be a good form of exercise for us - both in our seventies - if the weather did not permit us to go walking as we like to do,so we bought one from Amazon, it was delivered very quickly and we soon got the hang of it. Ten pin bowling first, then a couple of games of tennis, finishing up with a round of golf - brilliant!!

The Classic FM Hall of Fame
The Classic FM Hall of Fame
by Darren Henley
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic FM Hall of Fame, 10 Jun 2011
There wasn't very much on the "need to know" basis on this book beforehand as it was pretty obvious what the content would be although knowing the dimensions would have been handy.
Having the list of the top hundred most requested pieces of music in the front, then all the composers in alphabetical order was an excellent way to set out the book. I have been a fan of classical music and Classic FM for many years. Now when I am listening to the radio and hear one of my favourite pieces I go to my book and read the background.
Many of the books I have now ordered from Amazon I would not thought of paying the full price for even though they are definitely worth the money but as an OAP I have not got that much to spare so I am grateful that the prices are within my budget.

William Wilberforce: The Life of the Great Anti-Slave Trade Campaigner
William Wilberforce: The Life of the Great Anti-Slave Trade Campaigner
by William Hague
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Wm Wilberforce by Wm Hague, 2 May 2011
I have seen the film and I am now enjoying the book which goes into so much more detail and history. This is the second book by Hague I have read and he is an excellent historian

Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis, Volume 4
Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis, Volume 4
Price: 12.23

3.0 out of 5 stars Mag & Nunc Dimittis, 23 Feb 2010
Dear Amazon,

I was a little disapointed as I had put on the search Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis in bflat by Stanford so I assumed that when the CDs came up and I chose one that is what it would be. However, when it arrived it was in C, a completely different piece of music. When it arrived there was no delivery note or other paperwork inside so I had to get back to you to give me the name of the supplier but by that time I decided that it was less hassle to keep it. I couldn't see anywhere when I was looking for it, a list of the music on the CD otherwise I would have realised that it wasn't the right one.

Elizabeth Ball
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2011 5:51 PM GMT

The Pianist: The Extraordinary Story of One Man's Survival in Warsaw, 1939-45
The Pianist: The Extraordinary Story of One Man's Survival in Warsaw, 1939-45
by Wladyslaw Szpilman
Price: 6.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviewing "The Pianist", 21 Nov 2009
I watched the DVD of this film and was so affected by the story that I had to buy the book. Having seen the DVD the book was so much more real as you could see in your mind's eye all the atrocities that took place. This is not fiction, unfortunately it was fact, these things happened and it really brings it home to you what people suffered. An incredible read, thank you for the quick delivery
Elizabeth Ball

John Rutter - Gloria / Bernstein - Chichester Psalms
John Rutter - Gloria / Bernstein - Chichester Psalms
Price: 7.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Rutter - Gloria/Bernstein etc, 21 Jun 2009
We rate John Rutter very highly, this latest CD is brilliant as usual and of a very high quality.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2009 3:25 PM GMT

Harrington on Hold 'em: Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments: The Endgame
Harrington on Hold 'em: Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments: The Endgame
by Bill Robertie
Price: 26.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Harringtons, 5 Feb 2009
Harrington's Book on Poker

This was for my son for Christmas, he tells me it has improved his strategy no end and is delighted with it.