Profile for Misunderstoon Starlet > Reviews

Content by Misunderstoon ...

Misunderstoon Starlet "Miss Star" (Sunderland UK)

United Abominations
United Abominations

5.0 out of 5 stars Megadeth Kicking Ass Yet Again, 28 May 2007
This review is from: United Abominations (Audio CD)
I must admit that when I first heard Megadeth were recording a new album I worried it wasn't going to be very good but upon hearing a few sample tracks I realised that they had turned back on the good old days and were producing the music we know and love. I decided to pre order the CD and when I received it I decided to give it a quick listen and it totally blew me away. Each song is as good, if not better than the previous one and it has a constant impact upon you. I didn't think that it was possible for the album to keep the pace, I was sure i'd be disappointed with the majority but yet again I was proven wrong. I absolutely love this album and up until now is one of my faves from this year. My fave tracks were 'You're Next', 'A Tout Le Monde', and 'Sleepwalker'.

This album is well worth the money you pay for it, I haven't taken mine out of my CD player since the day it arrived!

Road to Bloodshed
Road to Bloodshed
Offered by Books-and-Sounds

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beginning of the Bloodshed, 23 April 2007
This review is from: Road to Bloodshed (Audio CD)
I'll admit that before I saw Trivium on their latest tour i'd never even heard of Sanctity, but after seeing them I knew I had to get hold of their album and what a good choice that was, the album is as good as expected if not better but what I can't understand is how nobody seems to know of this band. they have their own sound which is what I like to hear from a band, I can't stand all these 'original' bands who all seem to sound the same. I'm sure Sanctity are going to rise to big things in the near future. Just watch this space.

The tracks that immediately hit me were Road To Bloodshed, Beloved Killer and Rift Between but I can't say these are my faves as the whole album is absolutely great.

A word of advice, throw caution to the wind if you dig bands like Trivium and BFMV and puirchase this album, it's well worth the money

The Blackening
The Blackening
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Reborn with the Blackening, 23 April 2007
This review is from: The Blackening (Audio CD)
After reading review after review of this album I was so confused as to what it had to give. I mean each review was so different, one was saying it's the best album to hit stores in however long and the next was saying it was the biggest pile of rubbish they'd ever heard so I thought I'd have to gain my own opinion by listening to the album, I didn't want to purchase the album incase it was as bad as some people had said but then thought a little more about it and went out and purchased it and at first I thought it was the worst decision i'd ever made but after listening to it a few more times I realised that it was more than worth the money it cost, My first opinion was that the bad reviewers were right but that was because I was half expecting them to and had made my mind up before listening and now I can't turn it off, I'll admit, i've heard better albums but it is still great.

There are a few tracks i'm unsure of but in time they'll grow on me. My faves are Now I Lay Thee Down, Wolves and Aesthetics Of Hate

Inhuman Rampage: Special Edition + DVD [Parental Advisory]
Inhuman Rampage: Special Edition + DVD [Parental Advisory]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Rampages of Oblivion, 18 April 2007
I must admit that I usually hate it when labels re-release an album with bonus tracks and dvd as the albums are usually just average and the bonus stuff really don't make it worth repurchasing yet if you don't you miss out.

This album is one of the best i've heard in a long while, It's one of the few that I carry everywhere with me and for once, the bonus material is pretty decent. The bonus track, Lost Souls In Endless Time, is a great song and it's a shame it wasn't on the original. The artwork is fantastic, it is what originally drew me to the new release when I saw it in town. The bonus DVD is jam packed full of the best shizzle you'll ever find on a DVD. Music videos, a live performance from the 2006 MH Golden Gods awards and a rockumentary which blows you away, it shows the guys as they really are.

This is worth buying even if you have the original release because it's going to get played so often you'll need a back up copy!

My favourite album of the year so far and as always my fave three tracks.

1. Through The Fire And Flames

2. Operation Ground And Pound

3. Cry For Eternity

Black Stone Cherry
Black Stone Cherry

5.0 out of 5 stars New Class of Rock!!, 17 April 2007
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
I must admit I was pleasantly surprised with this album, it's a band i'd never heard of up until the day my friend purchased it and she had only heard the track samples on Amazon but from first hearing I new I had to have it. The band have such a unique sound and image.

It's time for the kings of rock to step on down and make room for the new and improved rocksters, their music will blow you away. I urge you to check them out.

My fave 3 tracks from this album are Hell and Highwater, When The Weight Comes Down and Shooting Star.

A perfect purchase for fans of Black Label Society, Buckcherry and the likes of.

Threads of Life
Threads of Life
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The Final Threads of Life, 17 April 2007
This review is from: Threads of Life (Audio CD)
Shadows Fall have just proved why they were always tipped for the top! After hearing their last album I was wary of purchasing this one so I looked about online and heard a few sample tracks and thought things were looking up. I was right, they have done themselves justice. The album is back up to the standard i've grown to expect of them. My three fave tracks as always are track 3. Storm Winds, track 6 Another Hero Lost and track 10 Just Another Nightmare. I strongly suggest that if you've liked their older stuff you go out and purchase it. I'd also recommend it to fans of KSE, Sanctity, Machine Head and Lamb of God

The Hinderers
The Hinderers

5.0 out of 5 stars Daath - The Hinderers, 1 April 2007
This review is from: The Hinderers (Audio CD)
I've only listened to this album about five times but I knew instantly that it would be one of my faves, I've heard heavy but my gosh! this really is all that! Sean's vocals really are something else, mix them with the greatness of the instruments and it's absolutely mind blowing!From first listenings I have to say my three faves are Who Will Take The Blame, Festival Mass Soulform and Sightless although this is subject to change as I hear it more.

Shot To Hell
Shot To Hell

5.0 out of 5 stars Wylde at Heart - Shot to Hell, 26 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Shot To Hell (Audio CD)
I'm not the biggest Black Label Society fan which actually made me doubt whether or not it'd be worth buying the album. I thought i'd give them a chance and it also gives me a chance to listen occasionally until the gig in March. Ipre ordered it along with a copy for my boyfriend who is totally obsessed with BLS. The Cd's arrived and I thought i'd check it out while writing up some stuff for work which was boring. I listened wearily ast first but WOW the whole album is Amazing. It was well worth the money spent and I now can't wait for the gig. It has a mix of the usual heavy songs you would expect and some insanely mellow ones. It works exceptionally well too. Mr Wylde is a fucking legend. It takes balls to even chance an album with such a wide variation of melodic goodnes!! I am now totally in love with Black Label Society. I can assure you that shall you buy the album you will too! Best album of the year so far!!

With Devils Amongst Us All
With Devils Amongst Us All
Offered by Buks4less

5.0 out of 5 stars With Devils Amongst Us, 1 Sept. 2006
So it arrived on Tuesday and I thought i'd give it a listen, not being a big fan and being advised to buy it by so many people I know from around town I thought i'd give it a shot.

It's not what I expected at all, I thought it was going to be average and drone on a little but after listening to it for a few hours this morning while working it's kind of grown on me. People were comparing them to an awful lot of other people but I personally think they have their own unique sound. The vocals are amazing, really gruff and they work really good together. It's actually easy listening.

I was told the best songs were 'A Trigger Full Of Promises' and 'The Haunted', they are for sure great songs but the two which stood out more for me were 'And The Dead Walk Again' and 'Plastic'. I think these songs stood out most because although alot of the time the vocals sound very similar and it can get quite dull these are the two with the most differing vocals. Plus they seem to have taken a rather different approach as the music as a whole sounds really different which is good to hear on an album.

I would advise anybody to purchase this as like I say I was doubtful and risked it and I have been listening to it for abput 5 hours now and think it is truly amazing, a great buy and if i'm honest i'd say it is in my top 5 fave releases so far this year. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Come What(ever) May
Come What(ever) May

5.0 out of 5 stars Stone Sour - Come What(Ever) May, 15 Aug. 2006
This review is from: Come What(ever) May (Audio CD)
Understandably this is an acetastic album, one of the best so far this year which kind of sums in with my general thought of slipknot as a whole. They are a band i've never thought worked well together yet out of Slipknot we have these great bands.

Stone Sour are Amazing live which adds to the class of their music. I think this album is their best to date. The use of experience from the differing backrounds of the band members makes their music a sound not heard often. I think they have shown alot of potential for future. The album differs from other stuff they have done and takes their music ability to another level. The lyrics are worded in a way they get the message through but not in a serious, demanding way as they have done in the past. They have opened a new doorway and tried new things which works well for them, maybe not as well in some aspects but as a whole. My favourite song from the album would have to be Made of Scars purely because of the tempo and beat, it's uplifting yet downfalling, it's a song which could be listened to in any mood, it's upbeat and cheerful then gets down and depressing but it's at a great ratio because they balance eachother out to make a great stance.