ARRAY(0x9d26aa14)

Profile for T. Callan > Reviews

Content by T. Callan

T. Callan "TJ Reviews" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Reflected in You (Crossfire, Book 2)
Reflected in You (Crossfire, Book 2)
by Sylvia Day
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 8 April 2014
Where to start with this one? Well i didn’t see the nathan thing coming. Anyway let’s keep this as thought you’ve not read the book, well! Gideon pushes the boundaries out in this one, we learn a tiny bit more about his and half of the book is repeats of what was stated in the first one, who’s who, why’s it’s the way it is and what belongs where…..after all that’s out of the way Gideon pushed Eva so far away i personally would of ran in the other direction but for some reason, against the personality a personal issues we know she has she stays.

We don’t find out until the last few pages the big issue for Gideon but when we do you’ll sit back and go….Ah! makes sense, i’d still of ran though. I enjoyed the first half, the actually story but for me i found the second half lacking any real structure, it was just a diary of Eva and where she went, what she did…i’m sure in book 4 all those snippets will add together but at the moment it was a little empty.

Without telling you every other plan/plot in the story in the next paragraph there isn’t much left to say on this book, i drifted in and out of it and didn’t find it as page turning but i have higher hopes for book three and will continue to follow the story of Gideon and Eva.

Cover: 5

Story: 3.5 (i feel like things were missing, Eva didn’t react as her natural instinct told her to and she got over the pushing away from Gideon far too easy, alot of the book told us what we already knew from book one)

Characters: 4

Frozen [DVD]
Frozen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Buck
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 year old in love, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
my daughter absolutely loves this film, after two visits to the cinema's we decided it was worth the price and knew amazon would get it to us quickly, 5 days later and with full cash back we have now endured this film 6 times in 3 days and heard all of the songs multiple times, my daughter thanks you, us not so much :)

Loving Nate
Loving Nate
Price: 1.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Not loving nate, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Loving Nate (Kindle Edition)
This story had a heated beginning and a slow burning middle but the ending(s) were both so different.
Without giving you a run down account of the whole story this read is different to the usual reads i have on my kindle, it isn't full of sex and there aren't many details about it, the main character Nate is a charming, gorgeous rogue that has Leah having to keep her wits about her not to let him sweep her away with no sense of return, eventually Leah's perfect bubble is burst and she soon realizes he isn't everything he promised, when she gives him her all he takes it and keeps on taking, the story almost ends but then the author offers two endings, one is a HEA but not how you would expect it and the second is just plain sad, i felt as hurt as Leah when i learnt Nate wasn't everything we thought he was but i liked ending number 1's outcome for him, the story was good and as a short read it passed the time but i need a book that has a definite outcome.

Characters: 4

Sound Bites: HarperImpulse New Adult Romance
Sound Bites: HarperImpulse New Adult Romance
Price: 2.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound Bites, 11 Mar 2014
I read this book last night and finished it last night, i enjoyed the short read and didn't feel i'd wasted time reading it.
It was a great love story that had some bad lows, i feel it could of done with some work such as the friends reunion scene, i don't think things would of gone so smoothly and the end scene (no spoilers) there seemed such little emotion for such a romantic setting, it was a sweet story not steamy, there was talk of sex but no intimate scenes and given the cover i had expected some. I'd like to read a follow up story based on the best friend.

Cover:4
Characters: 3.5

TJ x

Broken Beauty (Broken Beauty Novellas)
Broken Beauty (Broken Beauty Novellas)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect work, 26 Feb 2014
I'm not sure what I expected from this story Iine but I've been sobbing for most of this story, as someone who can relate I didn't feel this story was too much or over the top, I didn't feel it moved too far away from the story yes it was brutal and gritty, it delved deep into the back ground of an unsupportive family and a period in life which becomes an almost living hell, I can't wait to hear about how she learns to deal with this and what becomes of the other people involved.
Story: 5
Characters: 5

A Million Guilty Pleasures
A Million Guilty Pleasures
Price: 2.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite there, 25 Feb 2014
I was given and ARC from NG for an honest review
I was gutted when i got to the end of this book and it wasn't everything i had hoped it would be from the last read.
I was so set up for an amazing carry on that when i got to the end i felt a little like ripping my hair out.
The first quarter of the book read just like the first book, after than it got a little tiresome, the sex scenes became repetitive, the phrases and speech dragged a little, it was still a good read but not as good as the first, the end scenes seemed a little rushed, i think i'd of preferred a novella carry on to detail the wedding, birth ect, updated on the grandparents ect instead of the most important details of a relationship put into a few pages.
I'd still follow the Author and i'm sure future books would be great reads, i just felt this one wasn't so thought out at the end.

Characters:4
Cover:4.5

Trade Mark Collections Disney Princess Enchanted Dreams Backpack
Trade Mark Collections Disney Princess Enchanted Dreams Backpack
Offered by DBLS Online
Price: 4.37

5.0 out of 5 stars school bag, 23 Feb 2014
it arrived quickly, well wrapped and was small enough for our 5 year old to carry to school on her own, others have been too big so it was great that this wasn't

A Million Dirty Secrets: The Million Dollar Duet Part One
A Million Dirty Secrets: The Million Dollar Duet Part One
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect, 23 Feb 2014
I paid for this book (i noted alot of ARC reviews)
I paid more than i normally would for this book but i'd been sent an ARC of book 2 so i felt it only right to read book 1 first, i'm not disgruntled about paying the amount i did for it, it was a good book.
It was a little 50SOG in some parts such as the taking the virginity scene and some of the other sex scenes but the story line wasn't the same and it was more a hard love story than a kink story, two people that under any other circumstance meet and everything goes wrong for the pair, she's bratty and he's a hard ass, the problem is...she loves his ass literally, she's obsessed. When Noah finds out some background on Lanie he's overcome with so many emotions it's all too much and that leaves Lanie alone, very alone.
I can't wait for book two, i didn't find the sex scenes too extreme or over thought, the dialog didn't drag and there wasn't too much background story to bore us to death between pages, my only fault would be that for how selfless and thoughtful Lanie is to her family that she wouldn't in the 2-3 weeks the book covers have more contact or calls/texts from them.
Story : 4.5
Characters: 4.5
TJ x

Storm Ravaged (Storm Damages 2) (Storm Legacy)
Storm Ravaged (Storm Damages 2) (Storm Legacy)
Price: 1.86

5.0 out of 5 stars red hot!, 19 Feb 2014
Oh my God! I've never loved, read or stalked an author as much as I do this one :)
I was worried this book wouldn't hold up to the last one but I wasn't disappointed.
I had read book one several times and knew the story well so when this book was released I started it straight away, sadly apparently people and animals in our house want feeding at some point in the day so I put it down and then work got in the way and blah blah anyway I went two days without finishing it and boy did I need the rest in order to get ready for the last quarter of this book, the story in the first three quarters is full of twists, turns, love and heart break but the last quarter floored me! I think I may of stopped breathing at one point, alas the book had to come to an end and the author did it to us again, left us hanging on by a thread in wait of book three, I'll be reading this book again shortly as its one of those stories you never get bored of and I'd recommend it to anyone that wants more than just sex, marriage, the end.
Characters: 5
Story: 5

My Best Friend
My Best Friend

3.0 out of 5 stars My Best Friend, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: My Best Friend (Kindle Edition)
I found this book very predictable, you could tell when something was about to happen, i found the mention of skin colour very strong in this story, i've never really put much thought into what colour the characters in a story were so this made me feel a little uncomfortable, also the endearment 'doll eyes' just felt unnatural, the story was nice, the sex was nice, the ending was nice but that's about all this book was, we could see what was going to happen and when which made me simply browse the pages rather than feel really drawn into the pages.
i'd recommend this book to someone with an hour or two to kill but i wasn't overly blown away.

Story: 3