Profile for Stuarty > Reviews

Stuarty (Scotland)

Netgear WN3000RP Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
Netgear WN3000RP Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and highly effective., 10 July 2013
There's a lot of choice when looking for one of these. I wasn't sure what to choose as I had read a few reviews saying that set up can potentially be a bit of a nightmare. I decided to pay a little more and get this one since a lot of reviews said that set up was very easy. This is something I would echo. No disks, no complicated procedures, just a really simple step by step instruction guide. Plug in, press a few buttons and you're good to go. So simple I reckon my gran could do it with ease! On effectiveness, I live in an old house with brick walls which is a nightmare for wireless signal. Previously I was only getting a decent signal in the room where the router was placed and the room directly above this however now, after setting up the booster there's a signal over the whole house and even in the garden. Only issue is that my Xbox doesn't seem to be connecting to it very well without dropping out intermittently which is a bit of a nuisance, however I think this is a problem with my Xbox's network adapter rather than the booster as every other computer/laptop/iPhone/iPad connects without problem. Would highly recommend!

Belkin Wireless N300 USB Adapter
Belkin Wireless N300 USB Adapter
Offered by MemoryVal

5.0 out of 5 stars Problem Solved!, 10 April 2013
For quite a while I had been experiencing problems with the range of the wireless connection in my house. Problem started when I moved home. I moved to a larger house that is old and has very thick walls. Despite using a wireless N router, the signal was poor and sometimes non-existant in certain parts of the house which was pretty irritating. Phoned up the broadband provider a few times to discuss the problem and was told that it was likely due to the house having thick walls. After about the third time of calling I was told to try changing the network channel to one that was less busy. Did this and it improved the situation slightly. I was then told to check the laptop to see what network the computer was set up to run with and found that it was set up for wireless G and not N.

Did a bit of browsing for various wireless network adapters and found this one which obviously is compatible with N. It came with a CD for set up. Fired the CD into the computer and from there on it was very easy to install. Instructions were very simple to follow and were available for Windows 7, Vista and XP.

I found instantly that the wireless was working much faster, and more importantly was working well in all of the "black spots" where previously it had failed to connect. In other words, money well spent on an effective and hassle free product.

Football Manager 2009 (PC) (MAC)
Football Manager 2009 (PC) (MAC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Never fails to get you hooked!, 16 April 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I started playing championship manager (as it was) in the 2003/04 edition, which i've been told by many was "the best CM game ever". I agree that it was brilliant however i disagree with people who say that the current game isn't as good as that or in fact the games before it. Before i bought this i read that quite a few people had experienced problems when installing the game. I remember there being two options for installing it and when i chose one of these initially i admit that i too had problems and the game wouldn't install. Contrary to what i'd heard though, on the second time of asking i chose the other installation option (can't remember what it was called) and had no problems what so ever. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

The game itself is fantastic. The 3D pitch view took a wee bit of getting used to but i'm now hooked on it. It's a great addition to the previous games. If buying this what i would say however is watch how many leagues you choose to include in your game. Being a realist i like to start at the bottom and work my way to the top so i started with York City in the Conference. In addition however i included the italian leagues (from seria C2 up), the Scottish leagues (3rd division up), and the Spanish leagues (from the 2nd division up). This was as well as having the English leagues from the conference up to the premier league and i find that at times the game can go quite slow and can be jerky at times. I think this is a combination of me choosing to include too many leagues and also having a computer that isn't what you might call a super computer (albeit that it isn't a heap of junk either).

Other additions since the last FM game i had (2007), include press conferences which i think add a realistic element to the game, and assisstant manager feedback during games. (I tend to ignore what he says though. Everytime i follow his advise i lose.) I would highly recommend this game as it's bound to get you addicted and is an improvement again on the past editions.