Profile for W. Nash > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Turtle Beach P11 Gaming Headset - PS3
Turtle Beach P11 Gaming Headset - PS3

3.0 out of 5 stars Standard Model, 7 Aug. 2012
This is an excellent headset for the price. But I must stress that this is a "Bog Standard" product. The sound is superb, but when I feel the plastic I have a fear that it will break quite early on as it feels cheap and brittle. The overall construction is fairly "cheap" in it's design. So don't expect bells and whistles.

Other than that the headset's sound is great and the fit is quite comfortable (even though at first I thought it wouldn't be). Much better than the "4Gamers" headset I had previously. If you need a worthy headset quickly and don't want to pay much, then is your best bet.

England St. George Wristband / sweatband
England St. George Wristband / sweatband
Offered by Best-Buy-Flags

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Buy, 11 Jun. 2012
I bought these after purchasing a pair of Union Jack sweatbands about a week earlier from the same company and they are certainly good for general purpose. I wanted these for Euro 2012, what with England in the rankings it was a way to show my national pride.

The material isn't so much toweling but cotton, although they can certainly do the job. A good buy!

Ben Sherman Mens 1963 Cotton Canvas Belt One Size (Red)
Ben Sherman Mens 1963 Cotton Canvas Belt One Size (Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Belter!, 1 Jun. 2012
I was very impressed wsith how fast this item reached me. I'm not kidding it really was! Ordered Friday late afternoon and it arrived Monday. The belt itself is cool. A slide lock instead of holes hold the belt in place so, if like me your on a health kick, there's no more poking new holes in the thing to get a better fit.

The material is strong and the buckle securely fitted. I highly recommend!

Great Britain Wristband / sweatband
Great Britain Wristband / sweatband
Offered by Funshopping-1st class delivery

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Too Bad, 1 Jun. 2012
I mainly bought this item as a small token of national/ union pride for the Queens Jubilee. It's not of the same material as towelling sweatbands but they do alright! I decided to buy some more (St George Cross etc).

NOTE: You only get 1 sweatband, they are not a set, so if you want a pair you need to order 2...

Combat Style Web Webbing Belt Silver Buckle Blue Navy
Combat Style Web Webbing Belt Silver Buckle Blue Navy
Offered by Military 1st

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last A Belt With No Fuss, 4 Feb. 2012
I always wear a belt with my jeans/ trousers/ combats purely out of a neurotic need for added security should the buttons fail. But over that last year or so I've been on a health kick -(running, cycling you name it)- so I started losing weight and every belt I had constantly needed adjusting. Poking new holes in the leather to get the right fit, which would last a week or so then I'd have to do the whole thing again. This belt is great! You simply set the tension to the tightness you want then slide the locking pin over and viola! Belt firmly in place. Then you can just tighten or losen accordingly without any hassle or fuss; superb! I'm actually buying a second one for good measure.

NOTE: I should mention that the belt itself is a little smaller than the image above would have you believe, but not anything major. The hight of the belt is about an inch, give or take and the buckle is just above that. So don't expect some massive buckle or anything.

Patrol Safety Ballistic Sunglasses Shooting Glasses Swiss Eye Maverick Black
Patrol Safety Ballistic Sunglasses Shooting Glasses Swiss Eye Maverick Black
Offered by Recon Company

4.0 out of 5 stars Protection Looks Good, 28 Jan. 2012
As I bike a lot on mountain bike trails I have been on the recieving end of many stones and objects flung up into my face by other cyclists, at speed. As you can imagine, they hurt! I nearly copped a stone in my eye last time so I decided that safety glasses were the answer.

I reviewed many different designs but most felt bulky, cheap or just plain ugly. Then I discovered these fancy specs: They have a superb design, look really cool when your wearing them. They stay firmly in place so you don't have to worry about them falling off, even if you do ;) Lightweight with a padded nose piece that only leaves minimal impression marks on your nose when you take them off. The best part about these specs is the lenses. They provide more than adequate defence against most incomming projectiles. They also have practically no noticable distortion what-so-ever. Anyone who knows about safety specs knows some lenses (while safe) have terrible distortion effects. Also you can change the lenses! They come with clear and tinted lenses as standard. All with UV protection and the like. I should mention that they come fitted with the tinted lenses in the box so don't panic if you open them and they're black when you expected clear. Clear lenses are inside the box also :)

My only criticism of these glasses is that if you read the booklet in the box it states that they are not meant for use against "mechanical hazards". One wonders what they mean by this, what constitutes a mechanical hazard exactly? I wonder if they are unsuitable for the workplace but to be honest, at the price you'd expect them to rise above and beyond a standard cheap pair that are for the workplace, costing a few quid!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great All Round, 28 Jan. 2012
I bought a pair of these gloves as I wanted a tough but cool looking pair while out biking and the like. Too many other gloves come with massive brand names stamped all over them with luminous colours that just simply look embarrassing!

These tactical gloves are everything I've been looking for. Tough material. Durable design. They fit perfectly both in the fingers and the palm. They are tight but not restictive so allow for good mobility. The padded palms provide more than adequate protection against minor hazards so you can pick up wood and metal with relative confidence. Obviously be reasonable with you expectations, don't expect to pick up sharps with them or anything ;)

The velcro fastening strip is on the underside by the wrist and secures firmly in place, with little rope loops for pulling the gloves on and off. Basically they just feel comfortable and I could wear them for hours at a time without noticing them too much. Also they look cool for the wannabe soldiers out there :)

IMPORTANT NOTE:
These gloves are sized in "Men's Sizes" so make sure you take that into account when choosing yours. Also make sure you choose the one closest to your size. They may be a little tight fitting when you first try them on but they do stretch to suit over time.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars More Than Fit For Purpose, 28 Jan. 2012
I know many people are suspicious of 5 star ratings. Is it just someone writing an untrained review about a product they've not really sampled. Well I can tell you now, I love these gloves. I have a pair I use for mountain biking and they really do the job! They are made of hard wearing materials, do not feel cheap in any way at all. I think these will last me for some time to come. They keep your hands warm - (even though they're not designed for that purpose) - but still allow air circulation. With the fingerless design you can access delicate controls or equipment with ease and the finger parts that are fitted close to the knuckle are well fitting and don't flap open too much. The palms are padded firmly and grip exceptionally well. If your a bit of a wannabe soldier like me you'll love the look and feel of these gloves, proper combat stuff! :)

IMPORTANT NOTE:
The sizes on offer are in "Men's Sizes" so make sure you take that into account when choosing your size. Also make sure you choose your actual size, do not be tempted to order one size up. They may feel tight when you first try them on, but over time they stretch to fit. The last thing you want is loose fitting gloves of this nature.

Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3)
Offered by Bridge_Records

4.0 out of 5 stars All Is Revealed, 31 Dec. 2011
To start this review I will state (quite firmly) that I am a HUGE AC fan. I have been addicted since AC 2. I was bought this as a christmas present, but had I not I would have most definitely bought it myself.

The look & feel of this game is astonishing. They've really outdone themselves in historical accuracy. For the environments are captivating; colourful & vast. The cities you visit take your breath away & "allegedly" look exactly as they would have appeared in that era. When I was young this is how I imagined future games would look. The voice talent delivers perfectly crafted dialogue designed to establish characters personalities. A good example of how you can relate & connect with the characters is when the considerably older Ezio Auditore is wounded & struggles to climb over a wall, exclaiming: "This used to be so easy" & having played as Ezio through his development for so long in AC 2, I actually found myself replying with "Well yes, but we were much younger then". As an older man, Ezio is extremely more versed in assasination, sporting his single hidden blade & concealed gun on his wrists! Basically If you've played the AC games from the beginning & value the story quality you really can't afford to miss this game out of your collection.

In this game, Desmond's mind is trapped inside the Animus, as is patient 16 (someone AC fans will remember in previous AC games, & your essentially trying to discover every single memory of your ancestors, filling in the blanks between main memories so that Desmond's mind can finally disconnect & stop searching for them. It even goes right back to Altair & the Creeds mountain top retreat seen in the original Assassin's Creed game: Which I should mention is included on this disc. You install the entire game on you PS3 & play as normal. (now all I need is AC brotherhood & I have the lot! :-)

My only real criticism with Revelations (& it's probably more of a quibble than a issue) is the sword fighting aspect. In AC 2 the sword fight's felt so smooth & controlled with counter kills that flowed so easilly. You basically get the exact same in this game but some of the counter kills border on the absurd. I almost laughed my socks off when Ezio shoved his sword through a guys forehead struck the handle & watched the victims entire head spin 180 before Ezio reached back & yanked his weapon back to his side. Another is when he shoves the sword under a soldiers chin, forces it out the top of his head & lifts him completely off the floor. To me this only serves to damage the credibility of an otherwise serious game!

But that aside, I have the same level of enjoyment playing this as I do the others. Although if you new to the AC franchise you may want to play Assassin's Creed 1 & 2 before playing revelations to avoid getting confused as the story is very deep.

Gas Jeans Pray B 1322 Men's Sweatshirt Fire X Large
Gas Jeans Pray B 1322 Men's Sweatshirt Fire X Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Product 4 A Decent Price, 5 Oct. 2011
This zip sweatshirt has quickly become my favourite. It's well made & feels it too. The material is quite thick so provides a fair amount of warmth. Although it's not windproof.

My only warning is colour run!.. I bought the red one & during it's first wash the red colour bled into other items of clothing. Luckily nothing precious. This colour run continues for quite a few washes I should mention. Mind you, the colour stays very strong as a result!

Would certainly buy again!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8