Profile for Green Arrow > Reviews

Pandemic 2013
Offered by GamesQuest
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game for both new and old gamers, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Pandemic 2013 (Toy)
Good fun and engaging with a level of depth. We enjoyed playing it as a group of 4 trying to defeat the pandemics.

Logic of Violence [DVD] [NTSC]
Logic of Violence [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Rory Miller
Price: 28.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Great video by someone who has been there, 18 Jun 2013
This second video by Rory Miller is even better than he first. Using some more engaging methods, it's a bit closer to being at one of his excellent seminars. The video looks at how and why attackers attack and helps you classify who is at risk from different types of attack. Although it does contain a few nice tricks, the video is not really about techniques so much as understanding violence and how to avoid it, minimise the risk and survive it if it does happen, which is 95% of self defence. This DVD should be required viewing for Self Defence instructors as it will really help them make a difference to their students in the real world. Rory blends his experience with a thoughtful and intelligent approach which will leave you thinking in a different and much more tactical way.

Carcassonne Big Box
Carcassonne Big Box
Offered by German shipping 24
Price: 59.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Carcassonne Big Box (Toy)
A great way to get lots of expansions for a good price and room in the box to expand more!

Carcassonne Winter edition [German Version]
Carcassonne Winter edition [German Version]
Offered by g.e.t.b.o.o.k.s
Price: 15.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Great version of a great game, 4 April 2013
I realy like the artwork on this edition , it is only compatible with a few expansions but it looks great , very atmospheric

Embedded
Embedded
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great give it a try if you like sf, 11 Aug 2012
This review is from: Embedded (Kindle Edition)
I was given this book by a freind and i am very glad I was. seeing that Dan had written the warhammer series linked to the game I was a bit put off. My expierience of game inspired fiction in the past is not good and I am not familier with the warhammer universe, bit games workshopy for me, nothimg wrong with that just not my thing. Anyway having read the book I am realy impressed, it is a well formed sf story with plenty of depth,action and a coherent world. I would like to read more stories set in this universe as it has lots of interestimg possabilities. So if you are reading this give it a try, it has at least stoped me from being an sf snob about game book authors. thanks

Lightspeed Magazine
Lightspeed Magazine
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scifi and fantasy magazine, 10 Aug 2012
I subscribed to the magazine a few issues ago having heard about it on the Geeks Guide to the Galaxy podcast. I am really glad I did it is full of well selected short stories , ebook exclusives and novellas by some famous names you will recognise from the sf novel shelf ,from some great short story authors normally found in SF anthologies and some newer authors. It is a great way to cram in astory between appointments and to be introduced to new authors from bith the SF and Fantasy genres. I have found myself rading and enjoying stories in themes that I would probably not have grabed from the bookshelf , so it has expanded my SF horizons a bit. The exclusive content is easily worth the subscription. If you have a kindle and an iPad it is even better as you get to appreciate the cover art.
Highly recommended

Song of the Summer King (The Summer King Chronicles Book 1)
Song of the Summer King (The Summer King Chronicles Book 1)
Price: 3.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant highly recommended, 16 July 2012
I was lucky enough to recieve this book pre-release through a Kickstarter campaign and have loved reading it.

The book creates a magical world of Gryfons and Wolves on the Silver Isles, complete with geography, cultures and history. It has a great plot full of adventure, intrigue and discovery. The story follows a young Gryfon coming of age and discovering a secret legacy that will force him to pick a side in the coming war, but which one? The chapters are the right length to tempt you to keep reading 'just one more before stopping' - I found it difficult to put down! The world is brought to life beautifully and the characters quickly engage you. Although written as YA, like all of the best fiction in that category (Harry Potter etc.), it appeals to all ages and should not be passed over by anyone who enjoys fantasy fiction. The ending sets us up nicely for the next book, which I think might be due out at Christmas. I can't wait to see how the story continues. I wish new readers ''Fair Winds" on their adventures!

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Wireless, 7 Nov 2010
I have had the kindle for a few months now, I was a bit dubious about E-readers but now I have one I am never without it. Easy to buy books, easy to read in bed etc, good for audio books in the car too. I even have a waterproof aquapac so I can read in the bath!