Profile for Mrs. C. Smith > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Smith

Mrs. C. Smith "msmith132" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Clandestine Cake Club Cookbook
The Clandestine Cake Club Cookbook
by Lynn Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Surprise, 19 Feb. 2013
I am an avid reader of cook books, particularly cake ones and it takes a lot for me to be remotely impressed by a book as they all seem a bit samey after a while.

This book however is a breath of fresh air. While there are some familiar recipes, the twist given and the great stories that accompany them make them so appealing you want to try them.

Cannot recommend this enough. If you only buy one cake cookbook this year, make it this one.

PME Mini Gingerbread Men Edible Decorations 68.04g
PME Mini Gingerbread Men Edible Decorations 68.04g

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 26 Jan. 2012
Great, hard to find product that is a great price on here.

Definitely recommended - perfect for the Hummingbird Gingerbread Cupcakes

Intoxicated Cupcakes
Intoxicated Cupcakes
by Kate Legere

5.0 out of 5 stars Cake & Alcohol - How can it fail?, 26 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Intoxicated Cupcakes (Hardcover)
I love that cupcakes can be something more than just a posh fairy cake and have tried a couple of the cocktail cupcakes from the Hummingbird Cookbook which were a roaring success!

This book takes this a delicious step further though. All the ideas are great and the ones I have tried (particularly the Bloody Mary cupcakes) have been gorgeous.

If you want to make a grown up cupcake that is a bit different, then this is for you. They turn out well & are definitely a talking point!

Bake Me, I'm Yours... Collection: Infinite Ways to Indulge in Cupcakes, Cookies and Chocolate
by Tracey Mann

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really baking/cook books...., 26 Jan. 2012
I am a cookbook junkie and anything to do with cupcakes & baking really hits the spot. However - be warned.....these books are more about decorating what you have cooked than cooking the cakes etc.

In fairness they are a good price. And they have some great ideas.....but if you are looking for recipe books you will be disappointed.

The other thing I have noticed is that the same idea appears in other books e.g. a chocolate 'recipe' from the chocolate book also appeared in the cupcake book. I would imagine this theme will continue with the christmas book etc.

If inspiration for decoration is what you are after, then these will be great for you. But BAKE me I'm yours is a little misleading.....

Rachel's Favourite Food at Home
Rachel's Favourite Food at Home
by Rachel Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Her Best Book Yet!!, 3 Feb. 2009
I love Rachel Allen. She is very accessable and watchable on her programmes. I have all of her cookery books and although I love Bake, this is by far her best book.

There are so many recipes that are not only easy to make, but are a bit different and everyone I have cooked them for has commented on how lovely the food is.

The best recipes are the Chocolate Hazelnut Toffee Tart, Beef cooked in White Wine and Brandy, and the lamb stew. Also, her method for shortcrust pastry is infallible - I have literally never failed with it!!

If you are looking to try a Rachel Allen book, this has got to be the one!

Fodor's Walt Disney World with Kids 2009
Fodor's Walt Disney World with Kids 2009
by Fodor Travel Publications

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, Really Helpful, 3 Feb. 2009
I bought this book among others to help with our research for our holiday to Florida. It covers mostly Walt Disney World in Florida, but also gives a good insight into the Universal Parks and a couple of the Seaworld parks. It is incredibly practical and honest and I feel very relavant whether you have babies, little ones, tweens or teenagers.

I would recommend this heartily for anyone researching making the best of their Florida Holiday.

Every Day
Every Day
by Bill Granger

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Best Cook Book Ever, 3 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Every Day (Hardcover)
I love cookery books and having only just heard of Bill Granger (through Rachel Allen's Favourite Meals for Life) I thought I would try this one. Most of the reviews looked good and I had flicked through Holiday briefly at a local book store - I wish I had bought that one. There are possibly only 2 or 3 recipes that I would try from this book and they are at a push. Although the format of each day of the week, each meal of the day is appealing and in theory should work well, it doesn't and the affect of the book is quite scattered. I will check out his other stuff, but for some, this book may well put them off him before they start.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2009 9:37 PM GMT

Fuji 2GB XD Picture Card Type M
Fuji 2GB XD Picture Card Type M
Offered by memoryshop365

5.0 out of 5 stars Review the product - not the seller, 31 July 2008
I only want to read peoples reviews of the product - not the sellers.

I thought that this product was great and at a fantastic price too. We have come a long way with technology since about 2 years ago it cost £20 for 256mb card!!

This card size also means you do not have to carry several cards in their little boxes when you can (hopefully) get all you snaps on the one memory card.

If I want to see a 3rd parties reviews I will view them on the Ratings page.

Astrosaurs: The Claws of Christmas
Astrosaurs: The Claws of Christmas
by Steve Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Funosaurus!, 31 July 2008
My son has all of the Astrosaur books and particularly enjoyed this as it was given as a Christmas present. He loved that the book involved (to him) the best two things at that time Father Christmas & Astrosaurs!!

Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures  vol. 1: v. 1
Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures vol. 1: v. 1
by Haden Blackman

4.0 out of 5 stars Agree with RC Searle, 31 July 2008
I have to agree with RC Searle - whilst the books (more like bound comics) are well drawn and nicely presented, they do not have much substance as they are effectively a comic strip.

My 9 year old read this book in one go, but does dip back to it now and again.

They are possibly geared more towards adult comic book fans of Star Wars based on the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6