Profile for Ms. C. A. Holding > Reviews

Content by Ms. C. A. Holding

Ms. C. A. Holding "Pinkyhontas" (UK)

Gelert Quick Pitch Two Man Tent - Summer Flower
Gelert Quick Pitch Two Man Tent - Summer Flower

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but ineffectual, 21 Aug. 2011
Awww I love the bright print, easy pop-up ness. But for a weekend camping, didn't keep me very warm or dry.

Shadowheart: The Shadowmarch sequence (Shadowmarch 4)
Shadowheart: The Shadowmarch sequence (Shadowmarch 4)
by Tad Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing short of worthy FIVE STARS +++++, 21 Aug. 2011
OMG over 700 pages...of what I consider to be THE BEST IN THE SERIES. I only wish I was lucky enough to discover TAD WILLIAMS when all four books had been written. I was lucky enough to read the final two parts consequitively. I actually couldn't wait to embark on my final voyage and it didn't disappoint. There are so many twists and turns I had eyestrain from reading into the early hours. Didn't keep me inthralled for hours...no less days running into two weeks which is how long it has taken me to finish it.

Anyone who says this final book is a let down has to be jesting surely. In my humble opinion a masterpiece of storytelling!

Ravel Children's Jewellery Set: Little Gems Little Pony Watch, Charm Bracelet, Little Pony Necklace in Presentation Box
Offered by eurosparkle

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 15 Sept. 2010
What a lovely set...and WHAT A BARGAIN! My neice will be over the moon with this lovely gift.x

World's Best Sexual Fantasy Letters: EROTICA: v. 2
World's Best Sexual Fantasy Letters: EROTICA: v. 2
by David Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared for some surprises!, 7 April 2009
Wow, I have to say the human mind is a complex thing. What is weird to me is absolutely normal to some other people. This book makes for an interesting read taken from such magazines as men only and Forum magazine these are real letters from real people, hmmmm....bears some thinking about. Don't read if your easily offended!

Energizer 1 Hour Charger for AA + AAA Batteries
Energizer 1 Hour Charger for AA + AAA Batteries
Offered by iCell Media

5.0 out of 5 stars So good i'm going to buy another!, 11 Feb. 2009
Yeee haaa all the way to the bank with this excellent device. NO need to ever buy more batteries and no more tears on Christmas day!

I loved this product so much i'm going to buy another for the other size of batteries. This particular one does AA and AAA batteries. It is easy to use, charges very quickly and charged batteries lasted long time in quick drain items such as wii control and digital camera. I would definately recommend you buy extra battery packs so you always have charged up replacements available.

Overall very pleased and is worth initial outlay! Buy it, you won't regret it :-)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!, 11 Feb. 2009
I bought this and have never regreted it, in fact I loved it so much I bought this and the 'vacuvin' wine chiller for my friend for xmas and she loves it too!

You put the grey seal in an open bottle of wine and resting the black pump firmly on the seal just literally pump out the surplus air in the bottle. You can then keep an open bottle of wine, works on red and white but i'm not entirely sure about sparkling wine. There is another type of stopper for champagne and sparkling.

If your in any doubt of buying this...DON'T BE....brilliant idea :-)

The Ice Dragon
The Ice Dragon
by George Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Childs Book!, 11 Feb. 2009
This review is from: The Ice Dragon (Hardcover)
I bought this NOT realising it was a childs book. Probably should of read the reviews before buying lol
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2011 12:07 PM BST

Flesh House
Flesh House
by Stuart MacBride

5.0 out of 5 stars I Beg to differ!, 30 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Flesh House (Hardcover)
Sorry, but I feel so strongly about some of the other reviews that I felt I must right a review. Like most other readers, I loved the other Macbride books. I however was NOT dissapointed with this one....I was gripped from the first page and though some scenes in the book are gruesome...I couldn't put it down and have devoured it in two days flat!!! I won't say too much about the story as wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone...but I will say I didn't guess the perpetrator, not even at the end!!! Gripping read, don't be put off by other reviews I rated it 5 stars. WONDERFUL!

Spirit Gate: Book One of Crossroads
Spirit Gate: Book One of Crossroads
by Kate Elliott

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping!, 24 April 2007
I have read the other books but and thought they would be hard to top, but this book is superb.

It is refreshing in that her storylines are not the run of the mill hero/heroine beats bad guy in guise of evil witch/wizard etc.

In the first chapter the person you think is destined to be the heroine of the book is killed off which is a complete shocker! There are so many twists and turns, and lots of different storylines keep you gripped to your pages....

I am near the end of the book now and cannot put it down, wish the next one was already written.