Profile for Meg > Reviews

Nancy Wake
Nancy Wake
by Russell Braddon

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Account of an Amazing Woman!, 10 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Nancy Wake (Paperback)
Nancy Wake was an extrodinary woman who acheived so much during the outbreak of WW2 in France. How she came out of it alive and lived to be 98, I am still amazed!! She was one of the few SOE agents who triumphed over the odds and became a decorative, heroic figure. When the Germans entered France she was one of the few who secretly helped the resistance by giving loads of her own money and taking messages to and from places b/c she easily blended in. The Germans couldn't figure out who she was and so they nicknamed her The White Mouse. She was the Most Wanted person by the Gestapo and had the highest bounty out for a single person at that time. She eventually had to escape across the boder to Spain and it explains the hardship it took for her to get across after several tries. She sadly paid a price for everything she had done, Henri, but she came back with guns blazing when she joined the SOE and helped the French resistance become successful in her area. I found Nancy's story very heroic and her book was a very good read!

A Life In Secrets: Vera Atkins and the Lost Agents of SOE
A Life In Secrets: Vera Atkins and the Lost Agents of SOE
by Sarah Helm

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Put It Down!!! A Must Read for Anyone!, 10 Jan. 2012
WOW! What can I say? I have just finished reading this book and I am overwhelmed by the amazing Sarah Helm and the information she has put together for an outstanding biography. Every chapter I was captivated by every character including THE Miss Vera Atkins. Sarah Helm is a fantastic researcher! She has put in every point of view from all angles, no information was missed that she couldn't physically find herself. I was very surprised at the certain lengths she would go to just to obtain the information....and also the people she found that were still alive during that time that were able to speak to her and give her information on certain persons. By far the BEST biography I have ever read! Sarah's style in writing was very captivating and I felt that I was along side her while she went through her journey to find out who was Vera Atkins ( and other characters). And, to me, what made the whole book was the fact that these are true events and true people who lived through these events. I was going into this book with very little knowledge of the SOE and what they did. I came out of this book feeling like an expert b/c of the information Sarah has put in it. This book is for anyone who wants a good read....period!!! Not only were the SOE stories interesting, but so was Vera Atkin's personal life. I only found this book by chance and I am so glad I did! Now I am going to find more books on the SOE as Sarah has truly caught my interest. I've noticed this is her first book so I hope she writes more as I have become a big fan!

Russell's Christmas Magic
Russell's Christmas Magic
by Rob Scotton

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Xmas book for children!, 29 Nov. 2010
My 2yr old loves stories read to her and I'm always looking for different books that are enjoyable for both of us. I read reviews on Russell the Sheep and decided to buy the original book and this xmas book. I think they are brilliant. One of favourites. Russell's xmas magic is a great little story about how Russell helps Santa and his sleigh as it breaks down. Then Santa takes Russell on a ride with him. The illustrations are beautiful and make the book. My 2yr old and I love this book and read it every night now that xmas is coming. I would def buy this book over others as its a great little story and your child will love the pictures....along with you!

How to Catch a Star
How to Catch a Star
by Oliver Jeffers

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a fantastic book!, 19 Aug. 2010
This review is from: How to Catch a Star (Paperback)
My daughter can't get enough of this book!! Its such a great story about a boy who wants to catch a star so it can be his friend. We have to read this book every night to our two year old. She even tries to recite it herself on her own. We love the story ourselves and its one of those books that we don't mind reading over and over. We give it 5+ stars, its one to def buy and share with your child.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tablecloth!, 19 Aug. 2010
I was pleased with this tablecloth. It did the trick and looked great for our daughter's minnie mouse birthday party. Its easy to wipe clean and looks nice on the table. The price was good too. Would def buy it again and would recommend it to a friend!

Maisy Bakes a Cake
Maisy Bakes a Cake
by Lucy Cousins

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 19 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Maisy Bakes a Cake (Hardcover)
My two year old daughter loves having this book read to her. Its a pull and pop out book that lets your child help Maisy bake a cake. Its really fun and a cute story. I have to read this over and over with my daughter. We are big fans of Maisy and if you are too, this book needs to be in your collection.

Peppa Pig: Princess Peppa [Volume 11] [DVD]
Peppa Pig: Princess Peppa [Volume 11] [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Princess Peppa!!, 19 Aug. 2010
My daughter and I LOVE this dvd! She has just turned two and its all about Peppa these days. Out of the few Peppa dvds we bought, this one is our favourite. Peppa's voice has changed but my daughter doesn't seem to be bothered by it. My husband and i prefer her new voice as it sounds adorable. Don't know what all the fuss is about in the other reviews, you can't find a child with the same voice as before?! That being said, if your child is into Peppa this dvd would be my first choice. Its a great price too as I saw it in Sainsbury's for the full asking price. Amazon delivered it quickly too so was very pleased. I have a feeling I will be buying more Peppa Pig dvds in the near future!

Tommee Tippee Explora Safety Reins
Tommee Tippee Explora Safety Reins
Offered by HOS UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Reins By Far!, 29 Mar. 2010
I don't know why there are so many bad reviews?? This product is fantastic! We had a pair prior to the Tommee Tippee that we were happy with. We bought them in the states at a Walmart for 5 dollars and they did what they needed to do. Then I came across the Tommee Tippee reins in a TK Maxx ( I didn't purchase them on Amazon#, and thought they looked well made so I bought them to try out. My husband and I now use the Tommee Tippee reins almost everyday now. They are so sturdy and well made that my husband can lift our 21 month old by the back handle and twist her around in the air with no problem # and believe me, he does this alot!) Also the reins are not too long that it keeps your child close by you. Another point that another reviewer made was during the winter season, its very cold where we live so my child wears layers of clothing including their heavy winter coat. We did not have a problem putting the reins over the clothing. My child is of average size, at 21 months weighs 30lbs. I cannot praise enough how well these reins have made our life easier as our child demands walking everywhere these days. If there comes a day where we lose or misplace this product, I will, with no doubt, buy another pair from Amazon and I'm happy to know they carry them.