Profile for Laura Bach > Reviews

It's Not Rocket Science: And other irritating modern cliches
by Clive Whichelow
Price: 5.22

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Rocket Anything!, 23 Aug 2012
I thought that this book would be interesting and witty but unfortunately it is neither. The book is boring and the "witty descriptions" are not funny. I'm not sure what they were aiming for but if it was leaving the reader feeling like they had wasted their money then they succeeded in that. I will be taking it to the charity shop tomorrow where I suspect that it will collect dust, given that people will be able to look inside the book before deciding whether or not to buy it. There are a few similar books on the market so I would recommend buying one of those instead. There is nothing new to learn here.

Jigsaw
Jigsaw
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 3.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 26 Oct 2010
This review is from: Jigsaw (Audio CD)
I wasn't a fan until I watched a video on YouTube. I loved the song so much that I bought this album. Wow! This is the most refreshing, honest and truly funny collection of songs that I've heard in a long time. Jigsaw has made a staunch Lady Sovereign fan out of me and I recommend it to anybody who thinks that this is not your type of music. It is!

Hysteria
Hysteria
Price: 8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 80s music, 21 April 2010
This review is from: Hysteria (Audio CD)
I wore out my Hysteria tape in the 80's so am delighted to have replaced it on CD after many years without it. It's actually better than I imagined. Great music just keeps going.

Look Back in Hunger: The Autobiography
Look Back in Hunger: The Autobiography
by Jo Brand

5.0 out of 5 stars Hungry for part II, 5 Dec 2009
As a huge fan of Jo Brand I was not let down by this book. Easy reading from the first page, her style is that of a friend speaking to you about their life. Thankfully it is not a gushy, self indulgent book as so many autobiographies are. It's a real "what you see is what you get" book - Just as Ms Brand herself is. My only negative comment is that when the book was finished, I still wanted to read more. Here's hoping for a part II.

Mystery Case File Million Heir [German Version]
Mystery Case File Million Heir [German Version]

3.0 out of 5 stars Just not a real detective game, 22 Mar 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I was really looking forward to another puzzle detective type game but have been left totally let down. There isn't much plot to this one but even so the game is over way too quickly. The format for each section is exactly the same - searching through piles of junk for random objects and not much more than that. On a positive note though, the graphics were bright and interesting.

M&C Skin & Coat Treats with Omega 3 for Cats & Kittens (50g)
M&C Skin & Coat Treats with Omega 3 for Cats & Kittens (50g)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic kitty snacks, 29 Jan 2009
These didn't last long - my cats LOVED them! I will absolutely keep buying them although I think it wise to stock up on more than just the one pack.