Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Prime Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for A. M. Pratten > Reviews

Content by A. M. Pratten

A. M. Pratten

JVL Novelty Owls PVC Backed Coir Entrance Door Mat, 40 x 70 cm
JVL Novelty Owls PVC Backed Coir Entrance Door Mat, 40 x 70 cm

1.0 out of 5 stars Picture completely washed out, 12 Mar. 2016
Was given this for Christmas and the picture has completely washed out. It's just a plain mat now. Really disappointed.

HTC CU S460 Upgrade KIT Incredible S
HTC CU S460 Upgrade KIT Incredible S
Offered by Modern-Tech

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected more, 24 Sept. 2011
For the price of this I expected it to be easier to use. It was a right fiddle getting it in the right position on my windscreen (which I'll have to do each time I want to use it). Much trickier than my satnav which you can adjust in the same way you would your rearview mirror. The CU S460 just doesn't seem to rotate fully around the pivot. This probably means I won't use it anywhere near as much as I intended.
It seems to be designed this way that you can't rotate it around the pivot 360degrees. It seems to rotate a segment at a time and then stops, but maybe I have a faulty one??

Also I have to remove my Case Mate Barely There case which adds to the faff. As the name suggests it's not a very thick case.

Otherwise it seems to be made from good quality materials and the cigarette charger looks quite smart with the HTC logo lit up.

I also like that the port that fits into the phone from the cradle swivels as I was worried that it was going to damage the port on the phone.

Overall I'm quite disappointed and am tempted to return it to try one of the much much cheaper ones.

The Rough Guide to Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei
The Rough Guide to Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei
by Charles de Ledesma

3.0 out of 5 stars Outdated, 5 Dec. 2010
There's a lot of useful information in this book, but you can't go by the specifics. Everything was about double the price than what the book quoted. Travel information was out of date. There are only two buses (not four) a day from Miri, long distance bus station to Kuala Belait, 7.30am and 3.30pm which was of no use to me arriving at 9.30am (plenty of time for the non-existent 10:30am bus) and needing to get to Kuala Belait before car rental place closed at 4pm. I couldn't find anywhere in the book the date it was published which would have been useful.

I would wait for a newer version to come out. It's quite a heavy book to carry around and even after 2 weeks I found the layout difficult to navigate. For example it will guide you through a town in text going from west to east but then there either isn't a map or it's quite a few pages back.

Some guidance would also be useful for people driving, places to park etc. The book is aimed at people on foot which would actually be quite difficult in places like Bandar Seri Begawan as some of the places are really quite far out the way. Istana is one example.

Crumpler The Gimp Laptop Pouch for 13" Macbook Air - Red
Crumpler The Gimp Laptop Pouch for 13" Macbook Air - Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Description's been changed now, 23 July 2010
I wanted the version that unzips all the way down and allows for in pouch working and this is how this item was described. This version doesn't open up though. It's still good, just not what I ordered.
CAmeraKing don't sell the version I now have so I ended up having to send it back for a full refund. Initially refund didn't include return postage, but that was refunded too. The process was a bit frustrating & I was pretty annoyed at the time, but seems to have been a genuine mistake and description of the product looks more accurate now.

Me and my laptop love The Gimp. It fit's my Asus 13" UL30A perfectly. It's a lovely colour red and protects the laptop well (padded lip keeps the zip well away from the laptop). Still glad I went for the version that unzips as I wouldn't want to be taking it out and putting it back into a sleeve all the time.

NZXT Apollo **Black** , No Lcd & PSU
NZXT Apollo **Black** , No Lcd & PSU

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great and easy to work with, 11 Oct. 2009
I bought this for my brother to build him a new computer and this case looked the part. Just read any of the numerous reviews you can find on the Internet. It's easy to build in it. Plenty of room for manoeuvre.

Once built the system was very quiet, very tempted to replace my own case with it.
Will look even better with a nice LCD (maybe fan controller) installed in one of the 3.5" bays.

Only thing I was upset about was that after I had finished building the PC there was a scratch on the right hand side (non-windowed side). You obviously lay it down on that side to put everything in and I thought I'd been very careful laying it onto smooth surfaces so just beware it's easily scratched.

Also there's no built in system speaker. Probably not a problem for my bro, but it's not going to get the system beeps if it fails on POST.