ARRAY(0xa82ea2e8)

Scratch My Back/And I'll Scratch Yours
Scratch My Back/And I'll Scratch Yours
Price: 11.54

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 4 Nov 2013
I don't know whether it's just my ears, but this sounds interesting at best. An adjective I have seen used by others reviewing this album. On reflection, when I think back to the days when I first heard these tracks done by Peter Gabriel - I was always in awe of what he was doing. And maybe that's the point, these precious memories we have about those moments we cherished whenever we played or heard these tracks cannot be replaced. Much of our reverence for Peter's music remains for when he was at his creative peak.
I don't know half the artists on this album, but two of my favourite artists namely; David Byrne and Brian Eno, have produced okay tracks done in their own inimitable style - but it's hardly great music. We know Peter's versions are much better.
My worst fear is that Peter has passed his peak, and his creative genius has waned. This and the last album are a testament to that in my opinion. There's nothing on them that makes me want to listen again, so I don't, and as a one time massive Peter Gabriel fan - that saddens me.
The last proper album he made was 'Up', which had a few good tracks, but at least he was still trying to weave his magic spell on us - like he did with 'Us', and I respected that. Maybe we'll have to wait another ten years for him to produce another decent album. Scratch My Back/And I'll Scratch Yours are not creative in the sense that we have come to associate with Peter Gabriel - rehashing old material makes feel cheated as a fan. Hopefully he's saving his best 'til last, and he'll prove me wrong on his next album.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2013 4:59 PM GMT

Lindo Apprentice Series Acoustic Guitar with Cutaway/Free Carry Case - Black Gloss
Price: 76.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Guitar, 22 May 2013
I did some research on the internet to find the best beginners guitar that l could find on a budget. I didn't want to spend too much money in case it was a fad I was going through and gave it up. I'm pleased to say that after a few weeks I am enjoying the practice and have well formed calluses on my finger tips.

The guitar is everything I hoped it would be for the money. l was going to go for the traditional wood colour, but opted for the black and wasn't disappointed. Everybody that has seen me with it has remarked how great it looks. But it's not just good looking - it is very well made for the price. Although the finish is not quite perfect (has some blemishes), it has solid machine heads, a good action on the strings for beginners like myself and is easy to tune. The addition of a soft case to carry it in was a welcome addition and l use it all the time. Can't complain at this price - definitly recommended!

Lux
Lux
Offered by Side Two
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: Lux (Audio CD)
Ambient is one of my favourite genres of music, not least because it demands very little of its listeners. I've explored many other artists in this category, but I always end up back with its leading exponent. Such is his genius - whether his albums or good, indifferent or bad, you'll always find something to savour and enjoy. As a long time Eno fan, I am just not willing to give other ambient artists that much of my precious time. The secret to making an album such as this immediately accessible is simple; don't sit up and listen - just put it on and go about your business (whatever that is) while its on in the background. The more you play it, the more it permeates your senses with its ethereal quality - giving you an experience you'll want to keep coming back to. His talent remains undimmed, as this perfectly crafted album will testify. Yet another timeless masterpiece in his collection.

Touch [6 Bonus Tracks + Bonus DVD]
Touch [6 Bonus Tracks + Bonus DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yey!, 9 Dec 2010
I've been a fan of Yello since the 80's and remember how I used to play 'another excess', 'stella' and 'a new mix in one go' to death. 'One second' and 'the flag' saw them gunning for glory with more commercial albums, and sadly for me - the beginning of their decline. I've kept an eye on them ever since but never really liked anything they've done until now - And boy what a stunner! 'Touch' is quite simply the best album they have EVER done - in my opinion.

If you have any deficiencies in your hifi, then this album will surely show it up. If you have great hifi - then simply jam it up, sit back, and enjoy the effort Yello have taken to make this sonically one of the best albums you'll ever hear. The jazzy tracks are my favourites. Easily worth 5 stars - highly recommended.

Black & Decker VH780 Vacuum, 230 V
Black & Decker VH780 Vacuum, 230 V
Offered by MP Tools
Price: 40.50

4.0 out of 5 stars No decent brush!, 12 Sep 2008
Whilst I was pleasantly surprised at just how powerful this vacuum is, I was dismayed to find that it doesn't have a decent brush attachment. I have never known a vacuum cleaner not to have one. The picture of its attachments doesn't show all 14 items, so I took a gamble and bought it anyway. Luckily, my other vacuum has a brush attachment that fits this one perfectly. Cleaning some items of furniture will get scratched with the plastic ones - and so needs a soft brush. 4 stars out of 5 then for its power and handy other attachments, but loses one for no decent brush!

Gentlemen Take Polaroids (Remastered)
Gentlemen Take Polaroids (Remastered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 3 Jan 2008
When I first bought this back in the 80's, I played it to death and never got tired of it. What was most compelling about the album for me was the overall visceral sound they managed to produce on this album. I could completely lose myself in it with the head phones on. Following the superb 'Quite Life' Japan definitely peaked here, and faded afterwards with 'Tin Drum'. David Sylvian's songs were top notch, and the standard of musicianship was outstanding - especially with Mick Karn on the fretless bass. Their contemporaries were not in the same league as them.

Now that it has been digitally re-mastered with bonus tracks, I find 20 years later that it hasn't dated and sounds just as good (if not better) as it ever did. I can't recommend it high enough. I have an eclectic taste in music, and would have no problems placing it in my top ten of all-time favourites.

Samsung YP-U2R - 2Gb UltraSlim MP3 Player -With FM Radio
Samsung YP-U2R - 2Gb UltraSlim MP3 Player -With FM Radio

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 28 Feb 2007
I had to send the first one I bought - back to amazon, because the volume 'up' button wouldn't work properly, but then asked for a replacement. As value for money goes, you get a great sounding mp3 player with 2gb memory (which is enough if you don't mind changing your content occasionally). A definite plus was the inclusion of an FM radio, and although I can only get the bbc channels on it; that's all I listen to anyway. The reception is pretty good too. The icing on the cake is the voice recorder, which for me as a student at college is a very useful thing to have. Okay the playback quality is not brilliant, but it is clear enough to make out what the tutors are saying. So it has enough advantages over an ipod shuffle, to want to choose one. I down grade it one star because you can only re-charge it on a computer (so if you are on holiday, it might be a pain)and because it's a bit too plasticy - but I couldn't complain enough to warrant not having one.