Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Harrington Steader" (Carlisle,England)

Mission Of Honor (Honor Harrington)
Mission Of Honor (Honor Harrington)
by David Weber

4.0 out of 5 stars A fair book but not his best, 14 July 2010
Having read all the books in this series and the spin off series I was eagerly awaiting the release of this main story arc book. I was not disappointed when it arrived but by the end was feeling a little unsatisfied .
The read kicks in at just under 600 pages and I must admit I was hoping for about 1000 and as other reviewers have said there is a cliffhanger ending but I just wish they had gone those few actions further in this instalment .

I did like this book but there were too many new characters added , old characters popped up for no reason in scenes where they were not needed , Ginger Lewis had 2 paragraphs to overhear a conversation which we would have had anyway so no point in adding her to the scene. Hexapuma was mentioned and activities of her crew that mattered not one jot to the overall outcome of anything.

This book once again seemed to be setting the arc up for a new direction just like Torch Of Freedom , I look forward to the next instalments of the series but hope for more action and resolution than questions.
Things are ( or soon will be ) out in the open action is what's needed not background.

If you have been reading the series this will add to it , not massively but fairly satisfyingly , it will give you you Weber fix until his next release but I hope his next one is more focused and decisive in direction .

Little Princess - Scruff the Dog Beanie Soft Cuddly Toy
Little Princess - Scruff the Dog Beanie Soft Cuddly Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Princess loves Scruff, 9 Dec. 2009
Got this for my niece and she loves it.

great buy , great quality.

Little Princess - Puss the Cat Soft Beanie Cuddly Toy
Little Princess - Puss the Cat Soft Beanie Cuddly Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Princess love this cat, 9 Dec. 2009
Got this for my niece and she loves it.

great buy , great quality.

Torch Of Freedom (Honorverse)
Torch Of Freedom (Honorverse)
by David Weber

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Author Poor Read, 9 Dec. 2009
Let me start by saying I love David Weber and have 99% of his work. Some I have numerous times as they have fell to pieces from the amount of reading I have devoted to them. unfortunately this will not be one of the ones needing replacing.

The story is well paced and well put together but I could not find myself caring about the majority of the new cast and was just wanting the next mainstream book to come out to get on with the story. All the pieces have been covered in general in other books and the extra detail this imparts does not seem to me to justify this book .

This book fills in a few blanks which may become important later but those blanks don't look enough to me to justify the purchase .

If you have the rest of the Honorverse books buy it , if not either wait for the paperback or give it a miss .

You wont have lost out on a lot if you don't read this