Profile for Tootles > Reviews

Because It's Christmas
Because It's Christmas
Offered by INNER PEACE MUSIC

5.0 out of 5 stars ThatChristmas feeling, 8 Sep 2008
This review is from: Because It's Christmas (Audio CD)
This is my favourite of all my Christmas albums, and I have quite a lot. It is very well orchestrated and I love how some of the songs run into another. The First Noel/ When the Meadow was Blooming", is my favourite, makes me feel teary and think of the past, which is just what Christmas means to me.

Bob the Builder - Series 1 [DVD]
Bob the Builder - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bob the Builder
Offered by rightpricediscs

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 8 Sep 2008
My 18 month old grandson wants me to put this on as soon as he arrives, and loves to stand in front of the tv to dance to the music. I do think he finds the one where Lofty is scared of the dark, rather scarey, but this dvd is well worth the money.

Born to Play - Bob the Builder Talkie Talkie Dizzy
Born to Play - Bob the Builder Talkie Talkie Dizzy

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, robust toy, 8 Sep 2008
Dizzy sounds like Miranda Richardson and is rather loud, but it is a well made, pullback toy that can travel quite a distance. The mixer, when turned by the wheel has a ratchety sound. All in all it's quite good fun!This is the third of the Bob toys that I have purchased and it seems suitable, to me, for my 18 month old grandson, as there are no small parts which he could swallow.

Bob the Builder Talkie Talkie Roley
Bob the Builder Talkie Talkie Roley

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made fun toy, 8 Sep 2008
This is a well made toy, ideal for small hands, but it has the strangest voice!

BabyDan Gate ToGo True Pressure Fit Travel Gate (Grey)
BabyDan Gate ToGo True Pressure Fit Travel Gate (Grey)
Offered by tablet_books

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to store, 26 Aug 2008
Being a grandparent, I am finding my own house filled with baby gear but this is great for the bottom of the stairs and for doorways. Once I got the hang of it I can convert it to fit different openings quite easily, though the red ring, yellow ring thing is not easy to understand... and when grandbaby has gone home I can easily store it under the stairs.

Ultimate Disco Party
Ultimate Disco Party

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, 26 Aug 2008
This review is from: Ultimate Disco Party (Audio CD)
Not a bad assortment of disco music... there were one or two that I would have omitted but I was amazed how my tastes had changed. I would have cringed at the disco Star Wars in my youth, but had to play it three times when I played the compellation. Truly shows what a fogey I've become!

AVG Internet Security 8.0, 2 Years Subscription (PC)
AVG Internet Security 8.0, 2 Years Subscription (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't support 98, 3 July 2008
Bought this as I wanted to use it on an old pc which operates on Windows98.
Uninstalled Norton, put in the disk AND NO IT DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS!!!! Thankfully Amazon have since edited the system requirements.
Anyway, when my Norton Antivirus expired on my laptop, I installed this. It was easy to install and found a Trojan straightaway. It doesn't overload your machine with blather and my laptop is quick to startup. It updates regularly through the day (unlike Norton) and scans fairly quickly.

I take back my 1 star and "Oi'll give it foive!" (that shows my age!)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2009 1:39 PM BST

Enchanted [DVD] [2007]
Enchanted [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Amy Adams
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 8 April 2008
This review is from: Enchanted [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I knew I'd like this film when I saw the trailer. I don't like cinemas, so waited til the dvd came out. It's a wonderful, feelgood film that I shall watch again and again!

Needlework Masterpieces: From Winterthur
Needlework Masterpieces: From Winterthur
by Hollis Greer Minor

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 7 April 2008
Fabulous book which could be used for berlinwork or cross stitch. Many projects from cushions to Christmas.

American Sampler Designs (International Design Library)
American Sampler Designs (International Design Library)
by Dolores M. Andrew

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 April 2008
How I wish there had been a search inside before I purchased this book, as I was so disappointed. The book actually consists of line drawings, so you would have to transfer the design onto your work. I expected to see charts!

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12