Profile for SarahC > Reviews

Content by SarahC

SarahC (Madrid, Spain)

Effective Birth Preparation (Hospital or Birth Centre): Self Hypnosis (Natal Hypnotherapy Programme)
by Maggie Howell
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Please buy and read before giving birth!!!, 16 July 2013
I used the Natal Hypnotherapy CDs before, during and after both my pregnancies (and still use the General Relaxation one regularly now, particularly after a bad night's sleep - I feel like I get the equivalent of 2 hours refreshing sleep in the space of 25 minutes!) and they really helped me stay calm and enjoy the births. However, I REALLY wish I had read the book as it was this that completely changed my perspective on the process of giving birth. I now have a much better understanding of it as a natural process and I think that, if I had a chance to do it again, this time I would really tap into my instinctive side and let it take control. I'm not planning to have a third, but if I do, it will be because of this book!

Cindy Crawford Fitness Collection [DVD] [1992]
Cindy Crawford Fitness Collection [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Cindy Crawford

5.0 out of 5 stars Best all-round workouts!, 28 July 2012
I've been doing these workouts on and off for over 20 years, and I always come back to them when I need to get back in shape. For a while, it was practically impossible to get hold of them on DVD, so I had to make do with some Spanish-version ones I found here in Madrid a while ago. I'm really happy to be able to get hold of them in English again! The workouts have a bit of everything - toning, cardio, stretching, etc - and as well as being enjoyable to do, are really effective (although probably more for toning than weight loss).

Jane Fonda-New Workout [VHS]
Jane Fonda-New Workout [VHS]
VHS
Offered by smallerneil

5.0 out of 5 stars Best aerobics workout ever!, 28 July 2012
I'm so happy to find this again!!! I used to do it in my teens and always had great results. I'm now in my 30s and really need to get back in shape after my second child and I have the feeling that this might just do it for me. Just wish I could get it on DVD...

Buddhism for Mothers: A Calm Approach to Caring for Yourself and Your Children
Buddhism for Mothers: A Calm Approach to Caring for Yourself and Your Children
by Sarah Napthali

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful, heart-warming book, 11 May 2008
Every so often you come across a book that you know has the potential to change your life, and this is one of them. I came across this book as an Amazon recommendation and ordered it out of curiosity. I don't have children yet (pregnant at the moment) but thought that I probably won't have much time for reading when we do have kids and so it might be a good idea to read it ahead of time. And I'm glad I did as it has given me time to take on and absorb the content. Even not having children, I was brought almost to tears on several occasions but the sheer truth of what Sarah Napthali writes and, having just finished reading it for the first time, the first thing that I'm going to do is read it again as there is just so much to take in. I already know that it is a book that I will return to again and again and that will comfort me as well as making me a better person (and therefore better mother, partner, friend etc.) if I can put into practice even just a small part of her advice.