Profile for Greenfingers > Reviews

Kitchen Craft Master Class Stainless Steel Fixed Head Peeler
Kitchen Craft Master Class Stainless Steel Fixed Head Peeler
Price: 3.95

2.0 out of 5 stars potato peeler, 20 Mar 2011
I bought this peeler because I was specifically looking for one without a swivel blade, and the soft handle looked comfortable. However, the actual peeling part of the blade is quite far from the handle, and the handle itself is so long, that I have to hold the peeler right at the base to have enough control. This means that the metal part of the handle and the edge of the actual peeler is in contact with my fingers. It is extremely uncomfortable and I feel blisters forming. I have given this peeler two stars only because it works, but I would never have bought this if I'd known it was so awkward to use, and I find myself persisting with my old peeler - which is actually broken, but more comfortable!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2013 12:56 PM BST

Philips HR2304/70 Ice Cream Maker With 1.0L Capacity
Philips HR2304/70 Ice Cream Maker With 1.0L Capacity

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, 27 Jun 2010
Bought for student who is allergic to milk - and couldn't buy dairy free icecream anywhere. Freezing only the disc is a huge help in student digs where the freezer is always full and space is hard to find! A great buy :O)