Profile for Roberto > Reviews

Content by Roberto

Roberto

Page: 1 | 2
Betron Pop Up Portable Mini Travel II Capsule Rechargeable 40mm Speaker For Iphone, iPod, Ipad, Tablets and MP3 Players (Wired, Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great performance from small speaker, 15 Jan. 2015
Great performance for a small and cheap speaker. It fills the room a lot more than your mobile would and is very small and portable.

Don't expect to throw a party on this, but great when travelling

Vintage Traditional Antique Brassed Touch Table Lamp with Cream Shade
Vintage Traditional Antique Brassed Touch Table Lamp with Cream Shade
Offered by The Light Factory

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for its price, but a couple of annoyances, 19 Nov. 2014
The lamp looks good for its price. It arrived swiftly, though the screen was delivered with minor damages.

My issue with it is that the "low setting" is way to bright. I don't know if it is because I am using an LED bulb, I suspect not because there is almost no difference between the medium and high settings.

Also, it makes a buzzing noise that may or may not be annoying to you. I can live with it, but it is the price of a cheap lamp.

micros2u Clip 'n' Talk Drive Handsfree Bluetooth Car Speakerphone Sun Visor Kit. Supports Echo & Noise Cancellation, and Multipoint supports 2 phone at one time. Compatible with iPhone, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Blackberry, Motorola or any other Bluetooth enabled mobile
Offered by Micros2u

4.0 out of 5 stars Good volume. Grabs signal strongly. Only occasional eco, 19 Feb. 2014
Though it can be difficult to hear if you are doing 70 in a motorway and you have a noisy car....

Deepwater Petroleum Exploration & Production: A Nontechnical Guide
Deepwater Petroleum Exploration & Production: A Nontechnical Guide
by William L. Leffler

5.0 out of 5 stars Good non-technical guide, 19 Feb. 2014
Goes into some depth without going too deep, into the world of offshore and subsea. It gives you an idea of all that needs to happen to exploit an offshore play. Writers are very knowledgeable.

If you are in the industry, I recommend it.

Beets Blu Wireless Bluetooth Smart 4.0 Heart Rate Monitor is Compatible with Smartphones Apple (4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6, 6 plus), Samsung Galaxy (S4, S5) and Nexus (4, 5, 7). With Soft Chest Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Sony Xperia SP with Android 4.3, 19 Feb. 2014
The strap is easily adjustable, the sensors grip well and it feels of good quality.

It works with Sony Xperia SP only after you have upgraded to jelly bean (Android 4.3). When I say it works, I should clarify I have tried it with micoach, BLE, Mapmyfitness (it didn't work with Edomondo when I tried, though apparently they have announced upcoming android compatibility (Thanks Alina)).

Signal was good and it only lost contact for a few seconds during a very varied circuit training workout.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2014 10:14 AM GMT

Sony Xperia SP Solid Black Hybrid Rubberised Back Cover / Case / Shell / Shield + 6-in-1 Screen Protector Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Good case, 6 screen shields, what else do you need?, 4 July 2013
Case is solid and in built in the same style as the phone, hence does not take much away from the looks. It feels like is protecting the phone well and it doesnt add much volume.

the screen shields are easy to add (but you need to know how to do it and be patient) and they give you 6 of them because we all know they wear out. Each comes with an individual micro-filter cleaner, which is pretty neat.

Sony Xperia SP SIM-free Android Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by NextDayPhoneShop

4.0 out of 5 stars A great phone at an incredible value, 4 July 2013
This phone is great. Period. And at below 300 pounds is incredible value.

The processor is fast (though I do not play games in my phone, so I cant judge how good it is for games), the screen is beautifully defined and the colors are well balanced, it has a couple of truly useful day to day features (Stamina mode, mini-floating apps), it is solidly built and it is elegant. The notification bar is an beautiful addition (I thought it would be tacky, it isn't), the battery life is decent for such a large screen (specially when using stamina mode).

To me this phone competes with the S3 and, it beats is based on looks, build, screen and price. Dont compare this with the S4, it is almost half the price.

Not everything is great. Call volume could be louder, and the screen can be a bit too reflective outdoors. But the real let down, which is why I can't give it 5 stars, is the camera. I don't understand it, as Xperias have had great cameras for a long time. It has all the right specs (8Megapixels, which I think is enough, a good sensor, and a decent zoom), but somehow it does not work in low light conditions on when zooming (lot of noise and takes time to focus). I can only hope is a software issue that will be fixed, it is really weird because the video camera works great. That being said, under light and normal conditions, the camera is ok.

For the average user (a few apps and calling), I highly recommend this phone, don't waste your money in power you don't need.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2013 6:46 AM BST

The Psychopath Test
The Psychopath Test

5.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining and informative read, 18 Oct. 2012
No, Jon Ronson is not a mental health specialist. But then again neither am I, and that makes me the perfect audience for this book.

The book tells the history of mental illness through extremely entertaining, relevant and simple stories. It surprised me that the book was a page turner, not in a "that is kind of interesting" way, but in a "I must know what happens next right now" way.

Furthermore I was very impressed with the high profile of the people that Mr. Ronson managed to interview; even if you haven't hear of Emmanuel Toto, Al Dunlop or Bob Hare, these are (or were) very prominent people for a while (for good or bad reasons), and that they agreed to be interviewed by Ronson is bewildering.

The book strikes a good balance among the different viewpoints of mental health, and I found myself generally agreeing with Ronson's conclusions throghout the book.

I give this book 5 stars because it is a very difficult subject to write about, and Mr. Ronson has succeeded with freshness and originality. And though I am still no expert on mental health, I believe I can have an intelligent conversation about it. Thanks Jon.

Rick Steves' Snapshot Italian Lakes District
Rick Steves' Snapshot Italian Lakes District

4.0 out of 5 stars A cheap and useful guide if visiting the lakes, 16 Oct. 2012
This guide is short. In 30 minutes you will have read it all. And that was ideal for me. I was going to Lake Como with my girlfriend for a weekend, mainly to relax, and did not want to get bogged down reading about every single attraction in the area. Hence, a short book that covered the main attractions in the main lakes (Lake Maggiore and Lake Como) was more than enough.

All the main attractions are mentioned and described in Rick's casual style, telling things how he sees them. Visiting his recommended places did not get in the way of our relaxing but at the same time we did not feel like we missed anything important. Furthermore, advice on how to get to the lakes and how to get around was very good; the guide presuaded us to not rent a car and rely on trains and boats, which proved to be the right choice.

Because of its nature, the book has limited revies of hotels and restaurants, but who needs those when you have tripadvisor?

I bought the kindle version which was fine, tohugh kindle is not ideal for travel guides as it is not easy to switch back and forth to/from maps.

The Great Gatsby
The Great Gatsby

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and entertaining, but that's it, 16 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
Dubbed the "Great American Novel" and a "literaty classic", I had high hopes for this book. I expected to learn about the "roaring 20s" and the prohibition, as well as being charmed by larger than life Mr. Gatsby.

The book does portray how the roaring 20s might have been for the rich section of society, and the story is entertaining and twisty enough to keep you interested throughout the book. Additionally, Mr. Gatsby does prove to be charming, at least at first, and the book does have a good message which, as one would expect, is not in plain view. The style of writing is fairly simple and easy to follow and hence the book proved to be a good read that kept me entertained for a couple of weeks.

This book does not score higher because it is not a page turner. Is a nice read, but it will not grip you in a way that certain books can. But if you are looking for some bedtime or relaxing reading, and are interested in the 1920s, do pick it up.

I read this kindle version, which had no issues.

Page: 1 | 2