Profile for Red Diktat > Reviews

Content by Red Diktat

Red Diktat (England, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Puregadgets© Adjustable Mobile Tidy Clothes Coat Garment Hanging Rail Rack Storage Stand Castors on Wheels

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy and cheap., 7 Aug 2014
The title says it all; it isn't solid or sturdy enough to have more than 25% of it's capacity with clothes on it! The base falls toward you, the upward bars lean to the side. It's useless.

The Nightshade - Luxury Sleeping Mask
The Nightshade - Luxury Sleeping Mask
Offered by Travel Shop Plus

4.0 out of 5 stars Yep, does the job., 21 Jun 2014
What is there that needs saying? It's a damn sleeping mask. It's black so it keeps out light (if you didn't know you use this during the day) and it has a velcro elasticated strap for adjusting to big heads, like mine.

I've seen some really stupid variations such as one which has a "revolutionary design" that wraps around your face and ears, supposedly patented, for about a tenner. Ridiculous.

This is the only design I need.

BaoFeng *UV-5R Plus* UV 5R+ Dual-Band 136-174/400-480 MHz FM Ham Two-way Radio, Improved Stronger Case, More Rich and Enhanced Features
Offered by Barsoom.eu

3.0 out of 5 stars Obviously these come from China..., 21 Jun 2014
Anything that says "UK distributor" or "shipped from UK warehouse" from an obviously Chinese manufactured product is certainly coming in from China and not local to you so expect the delay and don't think this is coming from a nearby city! Generic advise, also applies to feeBay too...

It took about 1.5 weeks to receive. And another thing I'm cheesed off about is that this listing is for the UV5R+ which is what I expected to buy but when my item arrived it was the UV5RB. The damn B model!

I was going to ask for refund and send it back, but the Chinese operate differently. You can't force our western expectations of decent customer service on the Chinese as it simply isn't their way of trading and often gets you nowhere so I looked around the the Ham radio boards and the general census is that the UV5* models all come in different sizes and shapes but the electronics is practically the same. It is the firmware (which is not upgradable software as the chip used is a one-time programmable chip) that matters. Basically, whatever UV5* model you have, if you have the latest firmware you have the latest model radio.

And all in all, the radio is fine for the price point. I could have paid more for less functionality with a more respected brand. In my case I am going to bite my tongue and be happy I actually received something.

2 pcs Headphone cable clip high quality Black headphones accessories
2 pcs Headphone cable clip high quality Black headphones accessories
Offered by Audio123 LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 21 Jun 2014
You basically push your wire from your head/ear-phones behind the hook. I bought this item for my Sennheiser PX200's because the clip for those on the volume control snapped a few months ago. I now have one of these on the wire just below and I'm happy.

The other is for my Sennheiser MM30G's as strangely they don't come with a clip (which I think is completely backward).

The clips are not large. They do hold well.

Dent-O-Care Floss Threaders 5's
Dent-O-Care Floss Threaders 5's
Offered by Dental Direct UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 21 Jun 2014
These are proper plastic threaders (flexible of course!), i.e. not like certain other brands on here where you get 50+ except that they are specifically engineered to be one-time-use.

I've bought this item twice now, once March last year when my braces first went on an again a couple of weeks ago when I lost my final threader (from the first purchase) down the sink (you get 5 threaders).

Ensure you have the plug in the sink and a safe place to store them and you can't go wrong.

I recommend. Totally.

No Junk Mail Letterbox Sticker. Premium Laminated 19cm x 3cm Stop Leaflets and Menus Door Sticker
Offered by The Sticker Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 21 Jun 2014
Word of caution: ensure your letter box has been wiped down with Isopropyl Alcohol (to remove grease from general use and facilitate the bonding from the adhesive) and that you have your lines correct.

The junk mail distributors have finally got the message.

Zeiss Lens Wipes 3 Boxes containing 32 wipes each
Zeiss Lens Wipes 3 Boxes containing 32 wipes each
Offered by Eye Solutions Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really good., 21 Jun 2014
I was apprehensive the chemicals used in the wipes would damage the anti-glare and scratch coating of my lenses (spectacles), but I had confidence in the Zeiss brand. Zeiss are after all lens specialists!... No damage sustained and they clean superbly well.

The only trouble now is that I have become accustomed to pristinely clean lenses. Which means all other cleaning methods are insufficient, i.e. microfibre cloth.

Glasscham Original Chamois Leather Glasses Cleaning Cloth # 802-300
Glasscham Original Chamois Leather Glasses Cleaning Cloth # 802-300
Offered by Oakgrain Leather

2.0 out of 5 stars No better than microfibre cloth., 21 Jun 2014
I have the typical microfibre spectacles cloth that came with my spectacles and that worked fine. I bought this after reading that Chamois leather is basically the cloth that microfibre cloths are engineered to imitate (porous, absorb-able, etc) and I thought "I want the best cloth" for my lenses!

After using this cloth I don't see what all the fuss is about. It does clean, though not extremely well. And due to being bitty it has ruined my spectacles case which is velvet on the inside and has gotten extremely bitty from the leather. And when cleaning the spectacles with it, the spectacles get bits on the lenses. Sure, you can blow some of them off, but this only attracts dust from the air to the lenses and there still persists a portion of the bits that are well attracted to the lense(s). I'm very irritated by oils and bits on my lenses... Then if you try and touch the bits off with the end of your finger, you get oil on the lens from your fingers and you're back to square one.

So all in all - yes they clean, but not any better than the microfibre cloth that will come with your spectacles. And if you want to keep the inside of your case pristine, DO NOT use one of these (assuming the inside is velvet).

Quality Leather Designer Slim Narrow Width Spectacle/Glasses Case with Tab Fastener (Black)
Offered by Hide and Sleek Leather Goods

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for spectables., 28 April 2014
They're too thin for my spectacles so they end up tightly packed. Maybe not a problem for most, but the back of the button has cut through the inside cotton which means that if my lenses catches it, I'll certainly scratch them with a deep cut. And this will mean having to buy new lenses!...

I've stuck with my hard case that come with my spectacles because I can be sure of the level of protection my specs are getting.

The product is probably only ideal for cheapish spectacles/sunglasses.

Fly London Men's Rufus Stone Lace Up Boot P210771000 10 UK
Fly London Men's Rufus Stone Lace Up Boot P210771000 10 UK
Offered by Foot Factory

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply Made and Overpriced, 28 April 2014
The title of my review is it in a nutshell.

I am most cheesed off with the soles. The ONLY bit of rubber is the heel. The rest is a sort of odd densely packet MDF with an acrylic (?) coating. They have a sort of veneer that wears one the first outing and exposes a wood-like material underneath which goes black (and is about 6mm thick). With water/moisture it will not last.

Then there's the inner sole. It's awful. Like a naff, thin sponge. When you pull your feet out it pulls up with your foot. I end up faffing about putting it right before I put them on each time... Irritating.

I really don't expect these to last 3 months. For the price of them I'd at least want and expect a year's wear. I will not be purchasing again.

My advice: there's no rush. Be critical. Look elsewhere you will certainly find a more quality product for a lower (or slightly higher -but well made-) price. Not always, but buying directly from Amazon ensures a no fuss returns experience.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3