Profile for Mr D T Watson > Reviews

Content by Mr D T Watson

Mr D T Watson

MONTAR Universal Car Mount For Smartphones GPS One Hand 360 Rotation Best Holder Cradle Windshield Dashboard For Samsung Apple HTC Nokia Blackberry Motorola Sony Ericsson LG iPhone 3 3GS 4 4S 5 5S 6 Galaxy Note 2 3 II Galaxy S3 S4 IV i9300 i9500 i9200 i9100 HTC One X+ The New Droid RAZR Blackberry Q10 Z10 9700 9900 Sony Xperia Z L T LG Optimus Nokia Lumia 920 820 Google Nexus 4
Offered by Go4More

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome - Exactly what I wanted, 6 Feb 2014
I was looking for a car mount for my Nokia Lumia 820 and decided to buy this based on other good reviews. I can't recommend this one enough. The suction cup is probably strong enough to pick up my car with and the arms that grip my phone are strong and reliable. A quality product worth every penny.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money!, 5 Nov 2013
I purchased this splitting axe on a bit of a gamble really. I'm a professional coppice/woodland worker and tend to spend a lot on tools generally (I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for). However at this price I thought what the hell and took a punt.

I've used more expensive versions of this style of splitting head before and was impressed by the way they force their way through even the knottiest pieces of twisted hardwoods which is why I was on the lookout for one. I looked at Bahco and Muller versions (upwards of £50 each) and also bought a Husqvarna splitting axe not so long ago at about £70. Obviously this one doesn't come with an Ash or Hickory handle but other than this the difference in splitting ability is zero! In fact this one is way better than the Husqvarna!!

It busts its way through straight grained woods that like to be split like ash, birch and sweet chestnut with very little effort and even the more knotty pieces don't take much effort.

The soft grip handle is very comfortable though I would say the only negative of the axe as a whole is that the shaft is a little too flexible at times but this is very minor and barely noticeable.

If you're deliberating about buying this (as I did for some time) just go for it, it really is amazing value for money!

SunnCamp Trail Safe - Trailer/Caravan Hitchlock
SunnCamp Trail Safe - Trailer/Caravan Hitchlock
Offered by Peak Outdoors

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 11 Feb 2013
This is in no way a substitute for a big bulldog or SAS hitch lock but as they are at least 3 times the price it still represents value for money. Having read previous amazon reviews I was a little concerned it wouldn't fit my hitch but I needn't have worried; my hitch is an AL-KO AK7 and it fits fine. I dont believe this would fit an Ifor Williams trailer hitch. The padlock is reasonable and made even better because of the housing that stops thieves prying it off easily. I would guess the easiest way that a thief would break through this lock is with a very heavy sledge hammer as some of the welds look a little suspect but I am not willing to put this to the test through fear of smashing my trailer hitch to pieces! I am using this lock in conjunction with this hitch lock http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002JJPNFW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 and a heavy duty chain and padlock so hopefully together they'll deter those pesky scally wags!

Streetwize SWTT50 Trailer Hitch Lock Bag/ Header
Streetwize SWTT50 Trailer Hitch Lock Bag/ Header

4.0 out of 5 stars A nifty addition to trailer security, 11 Feb 2013
This is by no means a sole security solution for your trailer but used in conjunction with another device such as a hitch lock and/or wheel clamp it is a very cheap extra bit of piece of mind. It is perfect for locking my trailer while in use, i.e. at petrol stations and while parked at jobs at it stops the opportunist thief unhitching from my car. I have an AL-KO AK7 hitch and this fits perfectly.