Profile for Mr. C. Cooper > Reviews

Crap Attack [CD + DVD]
Crap Attack [CD + DVD]
Offered by westworld-

3.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, box was in pretty poor condition, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Crap Attack [CD + DVD] (Audio CD)
Maybe I expected better condition from Very Good? But the CD and DVD were both fine and worked perfectly. Just the box was tatty.

Komputerbay 2GB 2X 1GB DDR2 800MHz PC2-6300 PC2-6400 DDR2 800 (240 PIN) DIMM Desktop Memory
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 1 Oct. 2013
Installed and works fine. Have bought a few different types of Komputerbay memory and it does the job. Haven't speed tested it or any of those geeky things, just installed and enjoyed.

Mottez 1 Bike Wall Mount Stand
Mottez 1 Bike Wall Mount Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars All still on the wall, 21 Jan. 2012
Bought five of these for everything from carbon road bikes to big lumpy toys-r-us mountain bikes. They are very easy to mount and easy to put the bikes on. Much easier to get the road bikes on but the others aren't too hard. Excellent value and highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2013 10:38 AM GMT

3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug to 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug 1.2M
3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug to 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug 1.2M
Offered by LTZmart

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor product with lots of noise, 21 Jan. 2012
Tried to use this to connect iPhone to my car, there was lots and lots of noise. It was basically unlistenable. I would neither recommend this nor buy it again.

Get Out While You Can - Escape The Rat Race
Get Out While You Can - Escape The Rat Race
by George Marshall

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm not usually this stupid, 16 Jan. 2012
I'm usually very cynical when it comes to this sort of book. I saw it as being a bit of a Rich Dad Poor Dad type book with a bit more of a UK edge. It's not nearly as well written as Rich Dad Poor Dad and some of it's Plan B tips are simple things you can find online for free.

My main concern about this book was the quality of the writing. Being self-published I can only presume the writer didn't bother to pay a proofreader. Not because it's littered with spelling mistakes but because it labours the same points repeatedly. Not throughout the book as you might expect to see a point re-affirmed, but in the next paragraph of a chapter. Just when you think you've got the point and are ready to hear the next one he bludgeons you with it again.

To give you a glimpse into the wonderful sort of advice this book contains one of the chapters explains the joys of compounding. To explain this the author uses the old wheat and chessboard mathematical problem. Instead of the chess board we use the month of February and instead of wheat a 1p piece. He explains how if we can just double that penny for every day in February by the 28th (it's a non-leap year, don't get greedy) we will have over £1m. Of course, he doesn't explain how anybody can double a given amount of money on a given day. This alone as a concept would be accepted if he did not then constantly refer back to this as almost scientific proof of his methods later in the book. "Remember the magical month of February" he will say, as if it had actually happened.

If this is to be used as motivational fodder for simpletons then very well, but I bought this book under very different auspices. If you want motivational books, try Rich Dad's Increase Your Financial IQ: It's Time to Get Smarter with Your Money. If you want drivel, this is for you.

I'd really rather I hadn't bought this book, if it was £1.99 I might not have returned it for a refund. But at over £6, it just isn't worth it.

AmazonBasics Neoprene 10 Inch Netbook Bag Black
AmazonBasics Neoprene 10 Inch Netbook Bag Black

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit big for the ipad, 25 Jan. 2011
I bought one of these after searching for iPad case. It's definitely too big for the iPad, does an adequate job of protecting it when in transit though. Not really much use for using the ipad in it.

In retrospect I would've bought a proper ipad one.

Rush Hour Puzzle Game
Rush Hour Puzzle Game

5.0 out of 5 stars A great toy, lots of fun and educational too, 20 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Rush Hour Puzzle Game (Toy)
A lot of the other reviews are spot on. For the price this is a great toy that will give hours of enjoyment and with some very challenging puzzles.

It's very robust and the only problem is that the small pieces might go missing if not properly looked after.

I found this as much fun to play with as my 9 year old son.

Garmin Forerunner 50 + Footpod
Garmin Forerunner 50 + Footpod

4.0 out of 5 stars Flat battery!, 5 Mar. 2009
I ordered this on special delivery because after the failure of my Nike+ sportband I didnt want to miss a run.

Unfortunately when the item arrived the battery in the Footpod was completely dead and it would not pair with the device. Once I'd replaced the battery (£2 from Asda) the item worked fine.

Easy to use and setup but the manual isn't the most helpful.

Garmin Nuvi 250 Satellite Navigation System with Full EU Mapping
Garmin Nuvi 250 Satellite Navigation System with Full EU Mapping

3.0 out of 5 stars Quantity limits, 29 Jan. 2009
I never actually used this product but wanted to purchase them as a promotional giveaway for my business. After settling on the product and buying a quantity I was a little bit annoyed to learn later that there is a limit of 5 units I could purchase. I never saw this advertised and am slightly annoyed Amazon would not mention this beforehand.

The Sales Bible: The Ultimate Sales Resource (Business)
The Sales Bible: The Ultimate Sales Resource (Business)
by Jeffrey H. Gitomer

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to pick up, simple to understand, 18 Jan. 2007
I'm a salesman and not a rocket scientist. I have to admit to not being very much of a reader. A newspaper and the occasional sports biography is about as far as I can manage without getting bored.

This book is laid out in a simple and easy to follow format that can be picked up, put down, picked up again without any loss of momentum. He knows how to "sell" his ideas by putting everything in short punchy paragraphs that give the biggest possible impact.

Yes, the material in most sales books is all very much the same. But isn't that essential true of sales in general. There isn't anything new or any tricks that we don't know, it's all essentially been said before, but this book makes it clear and enjoyable to follow.

If you've owned and read any sales books before and you're anything like me you might find that it's difficult to go back to that book after the initial read to follow up on what you read or brush up on some forgotten skill. This book allows you to do just that.

Highly recommended, even if the whole 10.5 reasons thing does get a bit annoying after a while.

P.S. I didn't read any other reviews so if I'm treading old ground I apologize.