Profile for suther2 > Reviews

The Wheels on the Bus (20 Fun Kids Songs to sing and dance to) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Berry
Price: 5.22

5.0 out of 5 stars A huge hit!, 23 July 2011
Bought a few kids music dvd's to entertain my 2 and 4 year old music lovers! This one is surprisingly the utmost favourite. I personally would have thought a more animated dvd would have been fav's but no. The guy in this one they think is so funny and the kids doing their simple dance moves they love. They now have each song of pat and join in with the words. Kitchen mops are dragged out to do the pirate songs!I am off to buy the other one they made as well!

Big Blue Train
Big Blue Train
by Julia Jarman
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars fun book, 3 April 2011
This review is from: Big Blue Train (Paperback)
This book is a huge hit in our house for my almost 2 and almost 4 year old alike. We had it out from the library on many occasions and eventually bought our own (along with 'The big red bath').
Pictures are fantastic, really bring the story alive and lots to point out on each page. The repitition of words throughout are fun for the kids to join in..'.blow the whistle bella....pull the handle ben!'
The book is fun for a range of ages, one of the few my 2 will both sit mesmorised with at the same time!

The Boy on the Bus: A Sing-Along Storybook
The Boy on the Bus: A Sing-Along Storybook
by Penny Dale

5.0 out of 5 stars a favourite.., 3 April 2011
My 20 month old loves loves this book, he sings along in his own way, its a must for bedtime! We had it out so many times from the library i felt guilty so bought our own copy!. The pictures are lovely and prompt kids to shout out the animals as they appear in the song.
A lovely gift for toddlers.

Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 quick and easy meals for a healthy and happy baby
Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 quick and easy meals for a healthy and happy baby
by Annabel Karmel
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, a must have for weaning!, 28 Feb 2009
I bought this book before weaning my baby onto solids and was delighted with all the ideas it gave and tasty combinations. My now 20mnth old son is a fantastic eater and enjoys a wide variety of foods, most recipes to have come from this book. There is lots of simple recipes as i am easliy put of by scary long lists of ingredients! The book gives texture options for ages and lots of advice on snacks and dietry requirements etc. It can be used for older toddlers meals as well not just purees. I found a lot can be made into family meals, and smaller portions frozen for quick and nutritious meals when your in a rush to get tea on table on time for hungry baby! I have since bought this as a baby present for friends with wee ones also. A good buy.

Bear In The Big Blue House - Dance Party [DVD]
Bear In The Big Blue House - Dance Party [DVD]
Dvd ~ Carmen Osbahr
Price: 4.20

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 28 Feb 2009
I bought this when my son was 1yr old, he is now almost 2 and loves his 'big bear' dvd. The characters are great, i enjoy watching my son giggle now when the bear and his friends are dancing about and singing. Lots of learning through fun. A captivating dvd for toddlers, and catchy tunes for us grown ups too!

Tomy Walkabout Premier Advance Baby Monitor (Blue)
Tomy Walkabout Premier Advance Baby Monitor (Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems at all., 28 Feb 2009
I have had this monitor for almost 2 years now and am very pleased with it. I find the temperature display reassuring, always a worry with a baby, and the sound clarity is perfect. We have no interference. The range is fine, i can go out to our garage (not joined on to our house) and hear perfectly.We have no background noise when its on charge, i have it set at about level 4 overnight and have never been kept awake by any noise bar baby himself(!).The parent bit does stand up by itself and the night light is useful so my 2yr old can find his comfort blanket himself and play with toys etc when he wakes. I wouldnt say too bright at all.
I would definately buy this monitor again. I have maybe been lucky with my model? As really cant understand the other reviews here?.