Profile for Zorro99 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
4 Pcs 100mm 3.9" Long Angle Brackets for Robots CCTV Cameras
4 Pcs 100mm 3.9" Long Angle Brackets for Robots CCTV Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 Pcs 100mm 3.9" Long Angle Brackets., 24 Sept. 2015
I bought these 100mm 3.9" long Angle Brackets to secure a loose end-panel in my kitchen. As it was impossible to find anything similar in the DIY warehouses I was delighted to find these available from Amazon, and the brackets are well made and exactly as described.

Jewellery Set - 925 Sterling Silver Opal Waterdrop Pendant Necklace 45CM And Earrings - CN3764

4.0 out of 5 stars Jewellery Set - 925 Sterling Silver Opal, 24 Sept. 2015
This jewellery set arrived on time, well packed and as described. It is a low cost item but well made. Its long-term durability can only be assessed over time but so far there appears to be no obvious flaws and so I can recommend this purchase.

7 Day Tapestry Pill Organiser Box - Discrete Pill Organiser with a Luxurious Tapestry Effect Cover
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 Day Tapestry Pill Organiser Box, 7 Sept. 2015
Arrived promptly, well packed and as described. The pill compartments are individual square tubes (one for each day) divided into 4 x sections, each with small flip-top lids that open individually to hold the tablets for morning, mid-day, afternoon and evening (each illustrated / identified by a simple diagram on the lid).
This was bought for my wife's medication, and I printed off a simple page of headings for each day (Mon - Sun), and slipped the paper under the plastic strip on the upper lid of the box. In my view this rather obvious addition could / should have been incorporated into the design by the manufacturer, but this is a minor criticism of an otherwise well made product. I recommend this purchase.

SanDisk Ultra Android 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 Memory Card and SD Adapter up to 80 Mbps

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC UHS-I C10 Memory Card, 30 Aug. 2015
Arrived promptly, well packed and exactly as described. I've inserted it and it works well with no problems. I recommend this purchase.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars i-Tronixs - 'Black Carbon Fiber' book style flip wallet/case (Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 smart phone option)., 30 Aug. 2015
The wallet took a rather long time to arrive (3 - 4 weeks) but this was in line with the ETA so I can't complain. I note from the latest website listing that delivery is now quoted as a matter of days so I suspect mine was in the first batch.
It arrived well packed, in pristine condition and exactly as described. Although made of plastic the case is well made and all the cut-outs fit the phone exactly (mine is the new Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 option). The magnetic flap holds the case firmly in all the available configurations (Open, Closed, Angled Display) and the internal plastic tray holds the phone firmly in place without being too stiff. The 'Black Carbon Fiber' description refers to the colour and 'mock' woven fibre pattern on the case rather than a description of the material.
IMHO the 'extras' are of questionable value. I don't think any phone protected by a case should need a plastic film screen protector, and the cut-out is general purpose so it doesn't fit exactly and is impossible to install without at least one or two air bubbles that will obscure any screen image. The screen cloth is fine but about the size of a matchbox and therefore of notional value. The Retractable Stylus Pen is as described and being a person with 'Chorizo sausage fingers' I thought this would be useful (I use a stylus/pen occasionally with my Hudl2 tablet). In fact the securing pin (described as a "dust cover"!) is designed to be inserted in the earphones socket (!) and once this is done the stylus pen won't fit inside the wallet.
Though I have only used this case for a week now, all appears well and I can recommend its purchase. The extras seem superfluous to me but this is clearly subjective and I suspect were they to be excluded it is unlikely that the price would reduce dramatically.
BTW, check out this case in 'Black', rather than 'Black Carbon Fiber' as the case is £1 cheaper and essentially the same.

The Tiger Who Came to Tea
The Tiger Who Came to Tea
by Judith Kerr

5.0 out of 5 stars The Tiger Who Came to Tea, 25 Jun. 2015
This is a firm 'family favourite' that we have bought before for one grandchild and are buying again for our latest. We have no hesitation in recommending both the book that is both funny and entertaining.

Illustrated Book of Nursery Rhymes (Clothbound Nursery Rhymes and Tales)
Illustrated Book of Nursery Rhymes (Clothbound Nursery Rhymes and Tales)
by Felicity Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Illustrated Book of Nursery Rhymes - Usborne Books, 25 Jun. 2015
The book arrived promptly, well packed and exactly as described. This is a quality publication with a plethora of children's nursery rhymes, all the old favourites and some less well known. I'm very pleased and am happy to recommend the purchase.

Quran: English Translation. Clear, Pure, Easy to Read, in Modern English
Quran: English Translation. Clear, Pure, Easy to Read, in Modern English
by Talal Itani

5.0 out of 5 stars Quran: English Translation., 24 May 2015
The item arrived promptly, well packed and exactly as described. The translation is clear and gives an idea of what the teachings of Islam are, however a deeper understanding (as with all religions) is likely only to be gained by further study and informed discussion.

Amazon Video
Amazon Video

2.0 out of 5 stars Frankly the choice of movies is not great (sorry Amazon) and my first choice "12 Years a ..., 6 April 2015
This review is from: Amazon Video (App)
Although I had considered Amazon Prime 'Free Trial' in the past I must confess to having signed-up recently by accident as I clicked on this option when making a recent Amazon purchase using my tablet PC and decided just to give it a try.
Prime Instant Video: Surprisingly I had some slight difficulty downloading the Amazon - Prime Instant Video 'App', but a second try was successful. The Amazon - Prime web page states there is a need to make changes any PC tablet settings as the device may regard it as an untrusted source. I'm not really sure if this instruction relates solely to the 'App' or the streamed content but either way this is a relatively simple process so I made the change (though I don't intend to leave this setting in place as I suspect it makes the device vulnerable).
Frankly the choice of movies is not great (sorry Amazon) and my first choice "12 Years a Slave" resulted in a dull 15 minutes where the display was patchy and the movie came to a stop with the message "Amazon Prime Instant Video is not responding". I clicked on the display and the movie restarted from where it left off. I gave up on the movie as it was too dull to continue watching, and tried 'Wreck-It Ralph' as I have grandchildren and cartoons are always popular. The result was equally disappointing so I stopped the movie and made some minor changes to the device to guarantee the display was 16:9 (the most common aspect ratio for televisions &computer monitors), and chose the best display option for pixels.
I then tried the film 'Hitchcock' and things were a lot better, although frankly the display quality went from very good to rather poor. However, my wife and I enjoyed the movie and watched till the end. My guess is that broadband speed is the deciding factor, although I have Virgin Media (100Mb broadband) and would have thought this more than an acceptable speed. I was using my Hudl2 as a streaming device and as the quality was very good for most of the time I can't believe this was the weak spot.
Frankly the choice of movies is the deciding factor and at the moment I can't see me continuing with Amazon Prime once this free trial is over.

Needless to say the free P&P offered by the service is welcome although it has to be accepted that 'next day delivery' actually means next day when the item is ready for dispatch. My purchase was 'in stock' but took a couple of days to dispatch although it did arrive 'next day' after the notification.
As a somewhat infrequent Kindle user I don't think I will benefit greatly, but the service is fine and I have no complaints at all.

Barbie Complete Classic Movie Collection [DVD] [2007]
Barbie Complete Classic Movie Collection [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Todd Resnick
Offered by A2ZSupplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Barbie Complete Classic Movie Collection [DVD], 26 Feb. 2015
I had been given a couple of these DVDs by a friend, and watched one or two on cable TV so I knew that this collection would go down well with my granddaughters. The computer animation is 'stylised' (rather like Barbie herself) and whilst very good quality is not in my opinion in the Pixar league. However, this collection arrived promptly, well packed, in pristine condition and exactly as described, so I am very pleased.
The 'Barbie' brand gets a lot of stick about its stereotypical portrayal of young girls, and frankly there is no attempt here to address serious issues like disability, poor self-image, poverty etc. however I'll get off my soapbox and confess that for any little girl (or boy?) under 10 years, this is innocent fun, with catchy songs that children will love.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6