Profile for Frank Dernie > Reviews

Content by Frank Dernie

Frank Dernie (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Persol Sunglasses (PO0714 24/51 54)
Persol Sunglasses (PO0714 24/51 54)
Offered by Simply Sunglasses
Price: 132.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy and comfortable, 21 Nov 2013
These are beautifully made sun glasses with the excellent signature Persol flexible elements in the side arms. The lenses are top quality too.
They fold very small and my only reservation is that the case is uneccesarily big, even though smaller than for non folding glasses!

AKG K935 Over-Ear Semi-Closed Wireless Headphones - White/Black
AKG K935 Over-Ear Semi-Closed Wireless Headphones - White/Black
Price: 129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars best wireless sound quality I have heard so far, 21 Nov 2013
These are not only the best sounding wireless 'phones I have heard but I also like the styling and clever docking and wiring solution. They are very comfortable too.
Mine were supplied by Amazon with only a EU spec power unit though, so needed an adapter for the UK.

Samsung STB-E7900 3D Dual Core Smart Hub Set-Top Box with 1TB HDD and Built in Wi-Fi (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars nice looking. Unreliable, 21 Nov 2013
Mine has stopped working at 14 months old, which makes it the least reliable TV related item I have bought in the last 40 years!
I am not that bothered by the somewhat clunky interface and the performance was good whilst it worked.

GGS Optical Glass LCD Screen Protector for 3 inch Screens Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Sony, Panasonic Camera Screens
Offered by Bingo Gadgets
Price: 0.32

5.0 out of 5 stars these are the best, 12 July 2013
These are the best screen protectors I have used. I now have them on several cameras, this one on a fuji x Pro-1

Draper 68431 Expert Brass 1/2-inch Garden Hose Connector
Draper 68431 Expert Brass 1/2-inch Garden Hose Connector
Offered by Toolville Limited
Price: 6.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful quality, superb fit, 12 July 2013
I have been using the normal plastic hose fittings for years. After having broken one for the umpteenth time I came across these brass ones and bought the hose connectors.
The improvement in quality over the hozelok and similar is hard to exaggerate.
Brilliant and strongly recommended.

Draper Expert 68430 3/4-Inch BSP Garden Hose Tap Connector
Draper Expert 68430 3/4-Inch BSP Garden Hose Tap Connector
Offered by Price Attack Ltd
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful quality, astonishing value, 12 July 2013
These were so good that even though the plastic tap fitting was still fine I bought this since the price was so good!

Death in Paradise - Series 2 [DVD]
Death in Paradise - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Miller
Price: 6.30

5.0 out of 5 stars nice balance of interest and humour, 19 April 2013
I loved the TV programmes so couldn't resist buying them so we can watch them whenever we want. First class!

Anthon Berg Plum in Madeira Chocolate Covered Marzipans (Pack of 2)
Anthon Berg Plum in Madeira Chocolate Covered Marzipans (Pack of 2)
Price: 10.32

4.0 out of 5 stars My favourite chocolate, 9 Mar 2013
I have been buying these plum in madeira marzipans for decades. A perfect combination IMHO.
There would be 5 stars were it not for the fact that the chocolates are much smaller than they used to be and the price much higher...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great performance, 9 Mar 2013
I have several versions of this symphony on LP and CD.
What sets this aside is the fill in side full of remeniscences by people who knew Mahler.
Stupendous. I had only heard about it before, and had been searching for a copy for years.

Fujifilm M Mount Lens Adaptor for Fujifilm X-Pro1
Fujifilm M Mount Lens Adaptor for Fujifilm X-Pro1
Price: 169.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps adding EXIF data to picture files with non-fuji lenses, 2 Feb 2013
The only surprise with this adapter has been the rather tight fit between adapter and camera, much tighter than the fuji lenses I own.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4