Profile for Mr. D. M. Avraamides > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. M. Avra...

Mr. D. M. Avraamides (UK)

Get Your Hands Dirty
Get Your Hands Dirty

5.0 out of 5 stars My album of the year, 17 July 2011
I caught these guys at Sonisphere with absolutely no idea of what I was going to see, but I left the festival with their songs rattling round in my head, and considering their performance as one of my favourites of the weekend. They were superb live and the album is no different, it's very old school cock/glam rock with influences from everything from motley and W.A.S.P to Whitesnake and the Jovi, and by God does it sound good!
Excellent melodies, crunching riffs and more hooks than a cloakroom, saturated with screeching guitar solos and some brilliant vocal harmonies, they ticked every box for me. These guys deserve to go far so do them a favour and snap up the album, it won't leave your stereo for a long time, and you'll find yourself singing along for days.
Great stuff.

Passport to 35 Languages
Passport to 35 Languages

2.0 out of 5 stars Learn some of a language, 4 May 2008
This review is from: Passport to 35 Languages (CD-ROM)
I bought this as it seemed to be a reasonable option for learning languages interactively. While the package does contain a simple to use interface for 35 different languages, I found it to be sorely lacking in certain areas.
For instance, while you are presented with the different words and pronunciations for many different job titles, body parts, and everyday items, I am yet to discover a part of the program that gives you conversational skills.

Perhaps I am simply yet to discover the right areas.

In the end I feel that this will become a useful place to discover the right word for a particualar item/place/profession in a foreign language, but not for conversing.

Ultimate X-Men Volume 17: Sentinels TPB: Sentinels v. 17 (Graphic Novel Pb)
Ultimate X-Men Volume 17: Sentinels TPB: Sentinels v. 17 (Graphic Novel Pb)
by Ben Oliver

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty disappointing..., 10 April 2008
I've been an avid fan of the series since it began and have everything published so far, but I was very disappointed by this instalment.
Many artists have left their mark on the Ultimate X-Men series but this volume's artwork really left me feeling like it could have been so much better.
I'm aware that artwork is not the be all and end all, and the story is pretty good...but there was definitely something lacking.
I'm the kind of guy who wants to get all of the series, but I ended up returning this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2009 1:06 AM BST