Profile for Poppy Quartermaine > Reviews

Content by Poppy Quartermaine

Poppy Quartermaine (Berkshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Letts 11X A5 Day to Page 2013 Diary - Blue
Letts 11X A5 Day to Page 2013 Diary - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars A 'plain vanilla' diary that does the trick, 28 Dec 2012
I use it, at the end of ea. day, as a succinct journal. One page per day keeps the words sharp & sweet.
Year-on-year, identical diaries look good on the shelf.

Premier Housewares Round Kitchen Scale - 3 Kg - Cream
Premier Housewares Round Kitchen Scale - 3 Kg - Cream
Price: 7.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate - for occasional use, 20 Nov 2012
For its price, it's adequate. Very light so not ham-fisted cook friendly. A bit fiddly when turning the scale rim. If I ratchet-up my baking (which I may do, as a result of the current trend towards home baking) I am bound to have to trade-up. Meanwhile, I'm patient with this tiddler, ever mindful that its very inexpensive.

Philips Energy Saving Lightbulb 11w Master PL-S 2Pin Colour 827 1 Pack
Philips Energy Saving Lightbulb 11w Master PL-S 2Pin Colour 827 1 Pack
Offered by UltimateSupplier
Price: 3.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Let there be light, 20 Nov 2012
This somewhat unconventional lightbulb is the only one that fits my desk lamp. I doubt if you'll find one on your average High Streeet. The original one, that came with the desk lamp, worked perfectly for years and eventually packed up. I was somewhat concerned about tracking down a replacement. Armed with the (since altered) serial number, over to amazon. Hey presto, there they were. The chosen supplier came up with the goods, at a sensible price. Delivery was quickish so my work suffered only for a very short time. Job done.

impexo Red Capacitive Resistive Touchscreen Stylus Pen Suitable For Apple Ipad / Ipad 2 3 3G Tablet PC
Offered by Fone-Case
Price: 1.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Good clip & casing but lousy Stylus, 20 Nov 2012
The Stylus slips down into the barrel casing and it shouldn't. A design fault. I bought 3 and all of them have similar fault. This to the extent that it doesn't do it's TouchScreen job. Further, the then exposed metal rim is in danger of scratching the screen. Strange that its main purpose fails to deliver and yet the rest of it is so snazzy and well made.

Russell Hobbs Food Collection  14452 Hand Blender with Ergonomic Design
Russell Hobbs Food Collection 14452 Hand Blender with Ergonomic Design
Offered by McParlands
Price: 18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Budget price, good little workhorse, 12 Jun 2012
Having just gone through a Braun hand blender (motor burnt out)I trawled the plethora of Amazon offerings for a suitable replacement. Decided against going for a top-of-the ranger and settled on this one from the vendor in question. All went according to the promised plan and well pleased with the RH model.Great price.

The Kingdom [DVD]
The Kingdom [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jamie Foxx
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.12

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Sitting bolt upright' viewing, 14 May 2008
This review is from: The Kingdom [DVD] (DVD)
"The Kingdom" is a thrilling, tense, plausible (in this day and age), big-ticket production. Shot in terrific, credible settings (Arizona & Abu Dhabi locations) that are every bit as authentic as the country which it's portraying... Saudi Arabia. A few 'kid's matinee moments' of rather silly "A-Team" type dialogue/acting from supporting cast which the entry level 15 yr.olds would like. Apart from that it does, by and large, come across as though its authentic photo journalism.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2009 10:27 PM GMT

Philips SBC HN 110  Headphones
Philips SBC HN 110 Headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Heady about headphones, 8 Nov 2007
My husbands's SBCHN110 Philips noise cancelling headphones may not be state-of-the-art but for the price, they do the job admirably. He (and I) use them at home (indoors and out), on aeroplanes and boats and whilst power walking. Externally, they're not designer-led but don't worry ... you will not look nerdy. People keep mistaking him for Leonardo DiCaprio thinking he's re-enacting his airline captaincy role in "Catch me if you can".

The Italian Connection
The Italian Connection
by Jill St Anne

5.0 out of 5 stars I just could not put it down, 4 Dec 2006
This review is from: The Italian Connection (Paperback)
My friends recommend books for me to read all the time. But so often, there are disappointments because I just cannot get into them: not so with THE ITALIAN CONNECTION. It was exciting from the very first page - just a super story and a real page turner. I read it cover-to-cover on a 'plane journey and my husband said he'd never known me to be so quiet. I cannot wait for Jill St Anne's next book. Meanwhile, I am already recommending this one to all of MY friends.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5