Profile for Avril Allan > Reviews

Surface Treatment Workshop: Explore 45 Mixed Media Techniques
by Darlene Olivia McElroy
Price: 11.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Surface Treatment Workshop, 31 Jan 2013
Very interesting ideas in here. In fact I am taking it to my artclass in about half an hour to do a bit of experimentation.

These Twain
These Twain
Price: 5.14

5.0 out of 5 stars These Twain, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: These Twain (Kindle Edition)
Another excellent Arnold Bennett story - part of a trilogy which is in fact four books, not three. His writing is very atmospheric.

Hilda Lessways
Hilda Lessways
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilda Lessways, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: Hilda Lessways (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed it -I love Arnold Bennett's writing. Along with Anthony Trollope I think they are the male equivalents of Jane Austen.

Architecture Now! 8: 8
Architecture Now! 8: 8
by Philip Jodidio
Price: 16.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Architecture Now!, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: Architecture Now! 8: 8 (Paperback)
I don't hate it - it was a gift and I don't know if the recipient likes it or not.

Miro
Miro
by Walter Erben

1.0 out of 5 stars Book on Joan Miro the artist, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: Miro (Paperback)
It was in Spanish and I returned it - no good for me and I didn't seem to be able to find that particular edition in English

Nokia Replacement / Extra 700 mAh Li-Ion Battery for Nokia 2630, 2760, 5000, 6111, 7070 Prism, 7370, 7373, 7500 Prism and N76 - Grey / Black
Offered by Prime Communications
Price: 7.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Nokia phone batteries, 31 Jan 2013
I bought two new batteries because my old one was losing its charge very quickly. The two new ones are just as bad - waste of money.

The Roll-Call
The Roll-Call
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Arnold Bennett was the greatest (almost - but on a par with Anthony Trollope)., 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Roll-Call (Kindle Edition)
I like the way Arnold Bennett was able to get into the minds of female as well as male characters.

Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender
Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender
Price: 49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Efficient, 30 Dec 2012
Detaching the machine from the attachments is sometimes hard because I've lost strength in my hands but on the other hand occasionally if a vacuum has occurred in the jug, it will detach itself. A more definite attachment method would be better for example turning like a lightbulb and clicking into place.